Time required by agency for Education background Verification of EP

Dear Sirs ,
Would like to start a topic so that we can post each of our experience on the Education verification check required by MOM for EP on following lines. This will help all to have updated current information on how much time required, which agency to pick possibly based on country etc.
I believe as we go by we will have a great database
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Information to fill up as much as each one of us can
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Agency Name : Avvanz, Dataflow, eeCheck, RMI (Choose one)
Country of Institution for which background check requested:
Name of Institution, College, University (if you like to add):
Start date of verification:
Received report:
Report : Positive Verification / Negative verification /unable to verify / No response from institute(Choose one)
Did you assist in the verification process : Yes / No (Choose one)
If yes how did you assist:
Anything more:
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Agency Name: DataFlow
Country of Institution for which background check requested: India
Name of Institution: IIHMR, Delhi
Start date of verification: March 4, 2021
Received report: March 29, 2021
Report : Positive Verification
Did you assist in the verification process : No
Anything more:
a) Although my verification was over within the given timeline, I felt they were pretty slow in answering to queries/addressing support tickets. Turnaround time for response was somewhere between 2 to 4 days.
b) During the time of submission, I remember paying $3-4 for SMS updates on the progress of the application. However, I did not receive a single SMS update.

@sojourner_99 mate, you are lucky indeed. 3-4 days for a response from an Indian institute/ university is incredibly quick.

It took me 6 weeks, 30+ working days via Dataflow to get my validation sorted. But I don't blame them entirely, the university records division was shut owing to the Covid situation.

I think you are correct 6 days is fantastic 30 working days / 6 weeks seems also efficient frankly in Indian context

I am realizing that the agency by themselves are all reasonably okay. I don't think there is much difference in efficiency between any of them as you suggested. The only difference I find is some agency are prompt to reply to your "anxious questions on updates" where as others are lethargic. Either way does not change the outcome timeline much I guess. The problem lies always in the murky world outside who needs to reply to them or give them data.

Shekhz will request if you can fill in the complete details of your experience will be helpful to all

We had used RMI and Eecheck. RMI was very prompt with replying and got the work done in 22 days but their report was very basic. Eecheck: super bad customer service, no etiquette while speaking on phone, turn around time for replying used to be once in 8-10 days. Got the report after 2 months but the report was very detailed.

Many thanks SSk1986

Agency Name: RMI
Country of Institution for which background check requested: Philippines
Name of Institution:
Start date of verification: Nov 9, 2020 10:30pm
Received report: Dec 7, 2020 12:30pm
Anything more:
I have given a month to produce the RMI verification, luckily just in the nick of time I've got the result. It is understood that the checking takes longer time because of this Covid situation. Most of the school staff were working at home. So all you can do is to follow up almost every other day. Customer service is just good and they also replied to me on the follow up email I sent to them.

Hi SSk1986,

Understand you were with eeCheck First then approached RMI
1. How many days you waited with eeCheck before
2. What is the name of your institution
3. You say RMI report was basic and eeCheck detailed . Please confirm RMI report was accepted by MOM as is.

RMI report was and is accepted by MoM. We got the report from RMI in 30 days
Eecheck took almost 60+ days to give us the report but it was very detailed. Still doesn't change the fact that they are very slow from the rest of the agencies. MoM had requested verification of qualification for both bachelors and masters. We found it weird but it is apparently done time to time to keep a check on records. Bachelors from BITS Pilani and Masters from EmLyon School of Business (France).

Hi sir, many thanks for the confirmation of service quality and timeliness of RMI as compared to EEcheck half the time is huge.

Please advise if RMI after applying online takes phone calls to discuss how to approach the verification because you will be in a better position to guide them to specific persons rather than them beating about the bush.

Hi all , I am new to this forum reading everything seems eeCheck sucks and RMI and Avaanz are the better ones and Dataflow kind of middling. Do the more experienced members are of the same opinion.

RMI was very prompt in responding to us either via email or their office number. I however would suggest you to not interfere with their process. In an event they are unable to get any correspondence with the University administration, they will definitely reach out to you for assistance. If you expect an update every 3rd day, they will definitely not reply. (Had this issue with EEcheck...the guy very rudely told us not to call him anymore!) . I understand your anxiety but you need to be patient. In most of the cases MoM will be able to give an extension for submission of verification related documents should there be any issues or delay.

Hi SSk1986 and others do the verification agency share the email details that they send to your institution with you if requested. To expedite at institution end they are saying can't locate mail from verification agency if they can they would reply

They are not obliged to send you any details during the verification process. They will only contact you for assistance only if they are unable to get any correspondence from the University. You can follow up with RMI only after 10 business days for an update. You can provide them with whatever information you have, whether they use it or no is up to their discretion. Eecheck clearly told us not to bother them with any such information as they have their own procedures for  getting  the verification done and it's needs to be unbiased (without any help from outside).

Master Degree

Agency Name: Dataflow
Name of Institution:
Start date of verification: 20 Dec 2020
Received report: 14 Mar 2020
Anything more:
This is for my master degree, in which i had to follow up repeatedly, Dataflow say no reply from University & when i check with University they said already replied with details to them.

Bachelor Degree

Agency Name: Dataflow
Name of Institution:
Start date of verification: 24Jan2020
Received report: 14Jan 2021
Report : Unable to Verify
Did you assist in the verification process : Yes
Anything more:
University has min 500 staff working & Dataflow contacted university. Dataflow asked me to visit the university with all original document i did the same as per their advice & after 2months they said again need to visit which i did. finally University said they have not received any mail from Dataflow & concern person shared the email id & contact number to establish contact but dataflow fail to do that. final report was unable to verify.

Again same case i appealed on 30Mar 2021, which is pending since 30Mar 2021 where i am trying to get proper reply from Dataflow which i am not getting any progress on the case.

At Very difficulty i got the contact number & mail id of Registrar and forwarded to dataflow to contact but they are failed to do, when i check with dataflow they said they are in constant touch with University but when i check with University Registrar he said no body called or in contact with them.

I Don't know how it's working with Dataflow as they give wrong information & need to followup like a hell.

We were advised strongly not to go ahead with data flow . Super slow and very lackadaisical!

Scary
As you mentioned earlier your  EP was extended for 3Months please assist to advise.
1. how was this done
2. Who did this current employer
3. Reason they gave to request the extension
4. Have you got single 3 month extension on EP or again second time latter
Thanks in advance

Good morning all any more experience that members can share

I am perhaps doing this wrong by posting the same request under two different mail threads apologies for this . Just in desperation to get quick answer doing so.
Thanks to all Forum members many thanks for various advice and suggestions helps a lot. Have applied to agency the verification process seems can be completed in a short time if everyone (Agency, my institute, myself) co-operates and work together.

I am facing a frustrating kind of to and fro situation with my education verification.
The agency says they have emailed my institution for verification check but will not share the mail id from which sent or mail id to which they have requested this verification.

On the other hand my institution say they have not received any request and to advise them mail id from which request has been sent

-- Any member faced this situation
-- Did your verification agency share mail id or the mail at least screen shot of the mail that they claim to have sent to your institute.
-- After all we are a paying customer for the agency (a private entity) yet they treat us so shabbily just due to the monopolistic nature of them four only being authorized to do this job. Are they not obliged to share all details
-- How to solve this problem any suggestions

Rajiv1974 wrote:

I am perhaps doing this wrong by posting the same request under two different mail threads apologies for this . Just in desperation to get quick answer doing so.
Thanks to all Forum members many thanks for various advice and suggestions helps a lot. Have applied to agency the verification process seems can be completed in a short time if everyone (Agency, my institute, myself) co-operates and work together.

I am facing a frustrating kind of to and fro situation with my education verification.
The agency says they have emailed my institution for verification check but will not share the mail id from which sent or mail id to which they have requested this verification.

On the other hand my institution say they have not received any request and to advise them mail id from which request has been sent

-- Any member faced this situation
-- Did your verification agency share mail id or the mail at least screen shot of the mail that they claim to have sent to your institute.
-- After all we are a paying customer for the agency (a private entity) yet they treat us so shabbily just due to the monopolistic nature of them four only being authorized to do this job. Are they not obliged to share all details
-- How to solve this problem any suggestions

In my opinion, if you have engaged their services, they should absolutely have no issues in sharing the details as requested because you are trying to help conclude/ expedite the verification process. Try escalating it to the agency leads?

Many thanks Sir for your instant reply
That is another issue altogether agency seem to have common mail id to which we write they are replied sketchily at best < please wait> <COVID and its variant>
The phone numbers listed if answered is by some lady who tries to do her best but after so many years in service industry you can make out (1) they have little or no information of each case (2) have only basic replies similar to a IVRS automated voice response system (3) under organizational instruction to fend off.
When requested to be connected to their supervisor or higher up same wall.
To benefit all forum reader if we can share agency wise any mail id / tel no for each agency that has helped will perhaps be useful information for all present and future members.
In keeping structure of reply
Will request members to add below
Agency name : Dataflow/RMI/eeCheck/Avvanz
Mail id other than common listed id that assisted
Telephone no other than listed no that assisted (Do not list any personal numbers only official business no in-keeping with all public platform rules)

Finally completed Education Verification
I went ahead with three (actually tried the fourth but did not go ahead with because response were not prompt and were usual cut paste responses ie seemed they were not reading what was written just standard response)

Anyway below is the comparison hope will help some to pick the best verification agency
I will mention here in caps AVVANZ IS THE BEST BY A LONG WAY for the following reasons
1. They charge half of what others do
2. Only verifying agency that has a online , active real time dashboard that you can access to understand the progress. They update the dashboard regularly
3. Superfast response , prompt each mail is answered
4. They read what you write of course you must write something that has meaning other than you want the result ASAP

5. then the comparison below I keep three that I used did not use the fourth for reason mentioned
Agency Name : eeCheck, RMI, Avvanz
Name of Institution, College, University (if you like to add): Central University and Govt of India statutory bodies
Start date of verification: eeCheck (12 April) , RMI (14 May) , Avvanz(17 May)
Received report: eeCheck (I do not think will ever finish) , RMI (hopeful will update ) , Avvanz(05 May)
Report : Positive Verification Avvanz others simply have to wait and see will update

Did you assist in the verification process : Yes
If yes how did you assist: with various detailed information though all are publicly available yet you know your institution best on how the verification process works for your institution.
Anything more:
1.  Avvanz is half the cost others are almost same
2. No harm in giving the any additional information it will be their decision to use or not. I had an initial feeling if it is correct to give them additional information on how to go about with the verification as in a way this is an audit of your credential but went ahead. The reason I say no harm because all the verification organization keep the person / verifier disconnected from candidate obviously for auditing protocol.
3. Frankly if your institution is straightforward UGC / statutory body recognized then they know how to go about to a certain extent else is a grind which takes time because of below three reasons
    a. Research how to verify an institution
    b. Find suitable contacts within the accreditation body and institution both
    c. Hope contacts at accreditation body and your institute will respond

I feel the delay are for the following reason
1. Your institution is not straightforward recognized by UGC / AICTE similar
2. The person (registrar at institution , accreditation body ) as is usual in India simply do not respond to the mail and the vetting organization do not realize as far as India is concerned just writing a mail and eight reminders is not sufficient.
3. This based on my feeling : Competence of the person dealing with your case

Above all with the usual disclaimer above is out of my experience and understanding use with your own pinch of salt. Not meant to suggest or promote anything just a fellow harried forum member.

Now onto the MOM approval part this was just a first step

@kaushikpal12 Whether as an Employee we can get the Verification Proof done before hand while applying for EP ? or it should be initiated by MoM or Employer ?

mailarunkumars wrote:

@kaushikpal12 Whether as an Employee we can get the Verification Proof done before hand while applying for EP ? or it should be initiated by MoM or Employer ?

Yes you can, if your University / institution isn't on the MoM drop down list, it's better to get it done- given there is added scrutiny now

@shekhz Thank you. What if my university is already showing on the MOM Dropdown and not my institution ? whether i  need to get Verification Proof beforehand for EP ?

mailarunkumars wrote:

@shekhz Thank you. What if my university is already showing on the MOM Dropdown and not my institution ? whether i  need to get Verification Proof beforehand for EP ?

Let me ask you a direct question, to ascertain this better, which country is the institute from?

Not being a pessimist here but, If it is from any South East Asian country, I'd advice you to get a verification done proactively- also the degree/ certificate should be in English. A lot of cases have been reported in the past where applicants have had fake educational certs, hence the additional scrutiny. Also, it (getting it verified proactively) is an investment since the outcome/ verification can be used in the future for renewal/ new pass applications (provided it is from the recognised 4 agencies as outlined by MoM)- even if MoM doesn't ask for it now.

Good luck.

@shekhz Thank you for your input. University is from India . One last clarification when MOM website already list University, do i need to get Verification Proof for both Degree Verification and Accreditation  Verification ?

mailarunkumars wrote:

@shekhz Thank you for your input. University is from India . One last clarification when MOM website already list University, do i need to get Verification Proof for both Degree Verification and Accreditation  Verification ?

If University is listed, it should sail through. Speak to the agencies, there are several interesting posts that outline which one is best, average time taken etc. They would advice how to go about it.

The degree awarding institute is what's verified, not really the study center/ college unless it is the awarding institution of the degree certificate. Hope this helps.

Example, if you studied at college x, but the degree was awarded by Madras University, the verification isn't for degree certificate number 123 from college x, but Madras University instead.

Hope no more queries here, pretty detailed.

They will give my deadline was end April it is almost impossible to meet this deadline. One advise go with Avvanz blindly if not already started by a long margin the most efficient and responsive at half the cost. Wish I had not wasted time with the other verification agency this would have saved me a month.

Shekhz wrote:
mailarunkumars wrote:

If University is listed, it should sail through. Speak to the agencies, there are several interesting posts that outline which one is best, average time taken etc. They would advice how to go about it.

The degree awarding institute is what's verified, not really the study center/ college unless it is the awarding institution of the degree certificate. Hope this helps.

Example, if you studied at college x, but the degree was awarded by Madras University, the verification isn't for degree certificate number 123 from college x, but Madras University instead.

Hope no more queries here, pretty detailed.

Hi,

This was a new EP right? Did you have to request MoM for an extension to submit the verification report? Did they grant extension?

Thanks

One update on this thread RMI came through exactly at one month. Seems they need to be prodded and was actually sitting on the data already in hand.
eeCheck still not there even after two months
So
Avvanz 15 days
RMI 30 days
eeCheck MIA two months and going on

One absolute push and push hard regularly to your verification agency else they hibernate

Hi friends, MOM requested for my education verification. My employer engaged DataFlow, whose lead time is 6 weeks. My employer told me that MOM only required them to submit a "receipt" as proof that verification has been initiated. They said that the verification report is only required when renewing the work pass.

Has anyone experienced this situation? From reading this forum, other applicants seem to have to wait for the verification report first before MOM considers pass approval.

My timeline:
16 Apr - application
27 Apr - rejected & appealed (MOM requested company info)
3 Jun - rejected (MOM questioned company profile)
10 Jun - appealed (company gave explanation on profile)
23 Jun - MOM requested education verification, as described above

I have a masters from NUS. The verification is for my bachelors degree from Thailand.

I will keep you posted on updates. Just wondering if anyone else has heard of this scenario before (i.e. not needing to wait for verification report outcome).

Receipt isn't sufficient, you need the verification report outlining the agencies findings submitted to MoM.

Shekz is correct however I have read at least another forum member written the same thing as you.
In any case you contracting a verification agency will be step 1 in your education verification so providing the proof is no added work.
Keep forum updated will be interesting

Actually makes a lot of sense. The verification agencies are MOM vetted. MOM is certain their findings will be above board. MOM can give a subjective approval that approval will be withdrawn if verification results are negative with a fine on the employer to add ( because in MOM parlance your employer is responsible to ensure that the education certificate is true and correct)

Only will suggest choose the verification agency wisely by reading feedback from various forum members. Send how to verify your certificate to the verification agency upfront you will know better than them ( also there is no illegality about this). Push the verification agency periodically don't feel shy about that.

I am in similar situation as told by agency. Will keep you updated about outcome.

Education verification requested on : 10 June
acknowledgement receipt from verification agency and other docs Submitted on : 29 June

Yaaah I too got that edu query. They have submitted on June 1st week. And got cleared on June 30th.

Thanks
Vikram Reddy

Moderated by Diksha 2 years ago
Reason : Please do not post your contact details on the forum for security reasons.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hi,

I had similar case where I had done my Masters in Pvt university in India and bachelor's degree in Govt university in which I got my master's verification within 2months through Dataflow and bachelor's degree dragged for almost 1yr due to delay from agency. First off all dataflow asked me to visit university in the month of Feb 2020 and I visit on 4th Mar2020 and I completed the same by visiting India and after that lockdown and other things dragged my case and finally again they asked me to visit which I could not do because I had to be in Singapore.

Later dataflow closed my case as Unable to verify and march 2021 I return to India and re-opened my case and visited university with all original documents and paid the necessary fee and process started again and there was big delay from dataflow and finally got verification report from dataflow on 27Jun 2021.

Here when I had my master's verification report in Oct 2020 still MoM wanted my bachelor's degree, so its clear MoM needs both the degree verification report without that u can't take ahead.

Usually verifying agents tell it's process of 30days but still u consider 60days due to covid 19.

Any suggestions needed you can reply back.

Regards,

Arjun

vikramtallapalli wrote:

Yaaah I too got that edu query. They have submitted on June 1st week. And got cleared on June 30th.

Thanks
Vikram Reddy

Hi Vikram, Did MOM approve on the basis of receipt or you submitted the verification report ?

The whole purpose of asking/ engaging an approved or recommended agency to do the verification is to get a verification report (on your educational credentials, or your employment checks etc), not a mere receipt saying you have paid the fee to initiate the verification. I'd be overly surprised if MoM starts accepting receipts here, never heard of it.