Work permission as a dependent spouse

Hello
I am dependent on my husband and soon we will be coming to Germany. I want to work as a freelancer. What is the process? 

Thanks
Pratibha

If you apply for a Family Reunion Visa, you usually have free access to the labour market (after some formalities that can take a few months), incl. the right to freelance.
- Depending on the field you are working in, you need to register a business and other licensing requirements.
- Depending on your intended turnover, you also must register for GST with the tax authority.
- And, last not least, you need proper accounting as per German rules (and in German language), which you submit regularly to the tax authority.
If you aren't near-fluent in German, you should engage professional help for all of them (i.e. incorporation consultant, tax adviser, accountant).

What kind of permit will your husband be on?

BlueCard or a conventional work permit?

Not all work permits give a dependent spouse work rights in the first 1-3 years unless they qualify in their own right.

If he is on BlueCard, then you will have full access to the job market including freelancing. You will then have to register with the relevant authorities (depending on what it is you do) and the financial autority.

You also need to set up your health insurance accordingly, as you will have your own income and can't be covered under family insurance.