Travelling to the UK from a red list country (Pakistan)

Hi,

I would need advise if my Family can join me at the moment with a Visa Type: EEA FP Family member to join from Pakistan to the UK forever.

I would need to know as I haven't booked the quarantine hotel yet and the GOV.uk website doesn't provide exact information.

They flight tickets are booked for Saturday.

Thank you in Advance

Mad

Hi and welcome to the Forum.

Pakistan is on the Red List of banned countries from which travel is permitted (link).  Included in that link is a list of exceptions to the ban; my opinion is that your family will not be able to enter the UK until such time as Pakistan is removed from the Red List.

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

I have heard that all the travel visas has been cancelled as of now because of the travel ban. My concern is that the visa my family has will run out on the 30/06 and no one can say when the travel ban will be removed. And they have not a visit visa, they have a residence visa to join me in the UK so they should be able to join me.

But I cannot say 100% and no one is able to confirm anything that's what frustrating the most.

Hi again.

The UK Government can only do what it can in respect of the United Kingdom; it will very much depend on how Pakistan deals with the pandemic with associated infection rates and deaths that will influence how and when Pakistan is removed from the Red List.

Cynic
Expat Team

Firstly, it is essential to book the quarantine hotel and the PCR tests before beginning the journey.

Secondly, you should check whether their reason for travel allows them to come to the UK at this time.