To look for a job while on a Visit Visa

Hi, I'm planning to go to UK sometime in September on a visit visa. Is it possible to look for a job, secure a job offer while on a visit visa? And afterwards do exit from country to change into working visa?

Are there job agencies I can walk in to apply? Will they accept someone on a visit visa? I have B.S. in IT Engineering and currently doing masters. Currently working in Business Development/Media management in IT Training/training sector.

Hello,

Which nationality are you? I would check with the embassy how it works with the visa. To get employed with agencies in the UK is rather difficult if you do not have an address there. That way it is more secure for the employers as well.

Landing a job is not impossible, it will be hard tho in this way. They will ask you about your Visa, expr. date, will it have an impact for the employer, i.e costs, if you were to get the job- how will you handle the practical side of it etc etcThere are jobs where relocation assistance is provided and these roles are usually also for more specific roles where for example excessive experience/ languages play a big role.

You should also try to get to an interview stage prior going there as you will need to register at some point anyway but then again most of the time in order to do that you will need a UK address.

Good luck!

Pretti,

Having a UK address is the least of the problems. Please try to understand the following points:

1) Coming to the the UK to search for job on a visit/ tourist visa is illegal. Your entry may be denied at the airport if the immigration authorities find copies of CV and your educational manuscripts in your belongings.

2) Even if you do get an employer willing to offer a job, he will need to apply for a work permit for you. This is a complex procedure and only "highly skilled categories" eg Doctors, Surgeons, Actuarial Scientists will be entertained. This list is updated on quarterly basis and is available on home office gov sites.

I would not not  want to discourage you though, I know many fellows from Asia who had a bachelor's degree from home, studied for master's in UK and they got a work permit leading to permanent residence. :one

I think point 1 of the above post must be taken very seriously, especially now the Tories are in 100% control of government lol

Of course, it is all dependent on your nationality to start with. If you require a visa to come to the UK as a tourist then I am certain you will not be able/allowed to find paid or even voluntary work while in the UK.

I think your best bet is trying to get some form of work permit before arriving...but please no CVs and certificates in your luggage when visiting as a tourist or you may be turned back at the airport.

Good luck!

Employment agencies cant help you because by law you have to show them you already have the right to work before they can search for jobs. That is a valid permit and not just membership of the EU. Dealing direct with prospective employers before arrival is the only way to seek work.

No, you can't find a normal job. They will ask your NI number. People need provide NI number when they seeking a job.

@prettivhie I think they need to have an immigration license to offer you a job but there are websites that look for people with your qualifications

I am post graduate diploma certified by Cambridge International University UK

Currently about to finish my masters with plymouth marjon University in MBA. I will be done this June.

I am on visiting visa, just arrived at the UK.

How, can l get a sponsorship letter from a company?

I will be happy if l can be help by your esteemed organisation in order to achieve my dreams and aspirations

I am post graduate diploma certified by Cambridge International University UK
Currently about to finish my masters with plymouth marjon University in MBA. I will be done this June.
I am on visiting visa, just arrived at the UK.
How, can l get a sponsorship letter from a company?
-@Bishopjameskotey

You need to find a company willing to employ you.