question on au pair visa requirements

hello everyone.
i really need assurance about something confusing.
thiis goes to anyone who has been an aupair or host family in London/UK in general,what are the requirements???is there such thing as 750/650GBP deposit via money gram as a financial requirement????please anyone who knows about this

mimiapa wrote:

hello everyone.
i really need assurance about something confusing.
thiis goes to anyone who has been an aupair or host family in London/UK in general,what are the requirements???is there such thing as 750/650GBP deposit via money gram as a financial requirement????please anyone who knows about this


Who is asking you to deposit that sum?

There is a lot of visa-related scams. Please be very careful!

Also please visit the official UK government website only - It has all the relevant information you would need - (gov.uk/browse/visas-immigration)

thank you so much XB23.
the family in contact says they will contact the UK home office then get back to me,and they do after a while with a contract letter which i should sign,scan and send to the given mail(so said to be uk home office)then  the uk home office contacts me after they have received it,and send me requirement forms and other documents.and am supposed to fill the visa and au pair application and make a deposit of 650/750GBP in my name and the address of my employer(whgere i will be staying)and send a copy of the transaction sheet as well.
i tried going to the website several times but ii cant get answers at all.
and i really need to know if its a scam or its really a requirement

mimiapa wrote:

thank you so much XB23.
the family in contact says they will contact the UK home office then get back to me,and they do after a while with a contract letter which i should sign,scan and send to the given mail(so said to be uk home office)then  the uk home office contacts me after they have received it,and send me requirement forms and other documents.and am supposed to fill the visa and au pair application and make a deposit of 650/750GBP in my name and the address of my employer(whgere i will be staying)and send a copy of the transaction sheet as well.
i tried going to the website several times but ii cant get answers at all.
and i really need to know if its a scam or its really a requirement


I don't have experience with this particular type of visa. Hopefully others can advise you if they know about it. Meanwhile, you can contact the UK authorities directly. E-mail them and ask them about this. They obviously will tell you if that's how things work or not - (gov.uk/contact-ukvi-outside-uk).

Don't send any money. This offer doesn't sound genuine to me. You really need confirmation from UK Immigration, and the best way is to contact them, and wait for their response, which shouldn't take long.

Woooow!!!arent you the sweetest person out there...!!!
thank you so very much,not just for the advice but you went further and got me a way to get direct contact.
Am gratefull.really!!!
i will contact them and get an answer to this and i will give my feedback,for the sake of anybody else with the same problem.

There is no such thing as an au pair visa. The UK does not issue visas for unskilled or semi-skilled work. This is a scam. Please report it to help others. See http://www.actionfraud.police.uk/report_fraud

All au pairs in the UK are either EU citizens or others who are already in the country with a visa which permits them to work.

Thank you so much Bob.your advise is really useful.and i will take heed to that.

It's a scam 100%.

As someone who has had an au pair. I can tell you anyone who asks you to pay any money is a scam.

Usually, a family has to be able and willing to sponsor your visa application and most parents would not bother because there are a lot of au pairs coming from the EU countries who need no visa.
Even if a family wanted to sponsor you, they either negotiate it so they pay you a reduced salary when you start to cover the visa costs.

All the best!

mimiapa wrote:

is there such thing as 750/650GBP deposit via money gram as a financial requirement?


The basic rule is - if they ask for money, it's a scam.

5* reply.

I'm get similar thing here, but just i contacting agency... they don't ask me any money yet. I'm glad to see this post... i will more careful

There is no such requirement and anyone who is asking for money for an au pair job is a fraudster trying to steal money from you. No ifs, no buts 100% sure.

Sponsoring someone costs no money. It is just a question of writing a letter.

If you give me the details of the agency I will check them out for you.

I had not noticed that you are from Tanzania. As such. As a member of a non EU country you cannot be an au pair unless:

If your au pair is neither from the EU nor from an EFTA state, they can probably become an au pair in your family under the Tier 5 Youth Mobility Scheme. The following persons may apply:

citizens of Australia, Canada, Hong Kong, Japan, Monaco, New Zealand, the Republic of Korea and Taiwan
British overseas citizens, British overseas territories citizens or British nationals (overseas).
For applicants of Hong Kong, the Republic of Korea and Taiwan, the local governments act as sponsors. There is, however, a limited number of places and sponsorship certificates for each country. Au pairs must apply for their visa within 3 months upon receipt of their certificate of sponsorship (please note: the latter is not a printed document, but a reference number).

Hi Mimiapa …what happened next? Did you deposit the money cause I'm in the same situation now. I have to deposit 1200GP?

moutonnicolene wrote:

Hi Mimiapa …what happened next? Did you deposit the money cause I'm in the same situation now. I have to deposit 1200GP?


Who is asking for the money?

I have to deposit it for myself to show I can support myself for the month before getting a salary. Strange thing is that, I'll be staying with the host family so why do I need that amount of money. They don't accept bank statements due to fraud.

That's fraud. No host family will ask you to do that. If you deposit you will never see your money again.

I think so too. I messaged the host family member told him I don't have that kind of money . I mean that's why I'm looking for a job in the first place. He was insulting me by being an African. But, that's ok

moutonnicolene wrote:

Hi Mimiapa …what happened next? Did you deposit the money cause I'm in the same situation now. I have to deposit 1200GP?


Just to save confusion, please start a new topic/thread instead of joining an old one from 6 years ago.

moutonnicolene wrote:

I think so too. I messaged the host family member told him I don't have that kind of money . I mean that's why I'm looking for a job in the first place. He was insulting me by being an African. But, that's ok


No, that's not OK.  Nobody should ever insult anybody because of their race, religion or colour.  I think you are better off staying well clear of that man.

There is an organisation called the "British Au Pair Agencies Association" they have a website where you can join and perhaps get some reliable advice on how to achieve your goal; this link will take you straight there.

I hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team

Thanks cynic…will visit that website

@mimiapa thanks dear for your question ...i have the same problem....and i am supposed to make the deposit tomorrow please tell me fast if it is scam and this is my whatts up number *** Abdalla from sudan...

Moderated by Cheryl last month
Reason : Do not share your contact details on the forum please.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

@mimiapa thanks dear for your question ...i have the same problem....and i am supposed to make the deposit tomorrow please tell me fast if it is scam and this is my whatts up number ********** (number edited out by Fred as contact details are not allowed on the open forums) Abdalla from sudan...

- @Abduaupair
Easy
If they ask for money, it's a scam.