Hello
I am wanting to streamline my entry into Thailand after I go back to the states
and return here.
Getting here during Covid was a nightmare it took two months of paperwork

Would it make it easier to avoid some of the paperwork by getting a
Re-entry Permit or a Cert of Residence?

thanks for any help
Steve

If you have one of the non-immigrant visa types (Non-Imm Type B or O etc), you MUST get a re-entry permit before leaving, otherwise your visa will become invalid once you leave the country - meaning that if you still have some months left on it when you go, and you still want to return within the validity of the visa, you need that re-entry permit, otherwise as soon as you leave without a re-entry permit, the visa is cancelled.

Also bear in mind that if you leave, and even if you HAVE a re-entry permit but the visa itself runs out of validity whilst you are overseas, you will have to start from scratch and apply overseas for a whole new visa - and ALL the delay that will cause.

If there is a chance that your visa might expire while you are away, I would check with Immigration (or your visa agent if you use one) to see if you are within the allowable window to get your existing visa extended for another year, and at the same time, get the re-entry permit. I think you are allowed maybe 90 days before the visa expires to apply for an extension, but I may be wrong, so definitely check with Immigration, or your agent.

Last bit of advice - and MOST IMPORTANT :

For anything to do with visas, it is OK to get some initial advice from on-line forums,
BUT but in the end, the ONLY place to get real, reliable, and correct info is from the Immigration Dept, or via your visa agent.

Much much good info here.
Every situation is a little different I also have contacted the Thai
embassy in LA they are helpful as well.

Warm regards

I have a multiple entry one year visa and I have been under the impression that I can leave and return without a reentry permit. Correct or false??

I asked the Thai consulate in LA this question ...
"Hello
Is it possible for me to get a one year extension on my non-immigrant OA visa?
If so, can I do it from here in Thailand? Would I need to apply for it well in advance
of the end of my current visa?"

He replied
"You may be able to apply for the Extension of Stay through Thai Immigration (see their web site at https://www.immigration.go.th/en/?p=14714. If approved they will usually issue a one-year stay. Please note that if you plan to leave the country after receiving the Extension of Stay you should apply for the Re-Entry Permit from Thai Immigration"

Bernard (Visa Section)

It doesn't really explain the timing of it all such as when you plan on leaving but a little more info.

Come and go as you like, but, you will have to find out about covid jabs, quarantine etc before you do anything.....

Moderated by Priscilla 2 years ago
Reason : fake account
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

I've been saying that for over a year now. People just like to panic.

Look at the dancing nurses in New York Hospitals they tell a different story to the main lame media.

New York has more important problems than covid-19. That state is in dire financial trouble and most of the mobile affluent people are leaving (I left decades ago). Have fun NY trying to get blood from a stone (Or in this case tax money from the poor).

The reason it's called a ME Visa is that you can come and go as you please. But not during the pandemic of course. When having a Non-immigrant O Visa you do need a re-entry permit. Cost: 1000 Baht for a single re-entry.

How I do? What's your question?