Need Banking , Driving info and more.

Dear advisers,
Expat.com has helped me a lot so again I'm here with few more inquiries about bank and driving course in Wolfsburg.
-Please suggest me for international record which bank you would suggest to open an account for expats.
- Cheap and best driving course , any institute private/government for new license in Wolfsburg area.
- Jobs that doesn't required German language but English?

Thank you all.

rai Shilu wrote:

-Please suggest me for international record which bank you would suggest to open an account for expats.

Most bigger banks offer similar services (for lower fees, choose an online bank like DKB or DiBa). I do not know which additional services international banks offer and whether they are needed in your case, but I doubt it.

rai Shilu wrote:

- Cheap and best driving course , any institute private/government for new license in Wolfsburg area.

Getting a driving license in Germany takes a lot of time and money. Count on €2500-3000 for the whole thing. (But it is very well possible to live in Germany without a car!) Sorry, I do not know a driving school in Wolfsburg.

rai Shilu wrote:

- Jobs that doesn't required German language but English?

Very few, only in specific niches - and even there your career prospects are limited.
You better learn German first - you'll also need it to have a meaningful social life!

Appreciated  a lot. :)

A comment to driver's licenses. If one has one from another EU country, they can use it longer in Germany in many situations. Otherwise, one staying longer than 6 months in Germany needs to get a German license if they want to drive. As Beppi mentioned, it is costly and takes time to get licensed in Germany.

But not only from other EU countries but there is a list of at least 23 other countries that one can exchange licenses – saving having to do a written or practical test – or the school. This saves a huge amount of money. Most of the countries included are advanced ones like Japan, South Korea, Canada and the USA depending on the specific State. Unfortunately, Nepal, where the poster is apparently from, is not included.

I am providing a link below that gives information about the requirements for getting a German license and the rules and procedure for exchanging. Unfortunately, it is only in German but anyone living here will often have to deal with that.

https://www.bussgeldkatalog.org/nicht-e … schreiben/