Animal husbandry

can i apply to work in a pig farm ?

johnadekola961 wrote:

can i apply to work in a pig farm ?

Not likely unless you have a university degree and a demanded specialty. Are you a veterinarian that specializes in animal fertility?

Otherwise, non-EU persons have little chance at a job and work visa. Things seen as unskilled labor won't qualify one. The thing is that there are already enough people that already have  residency in Germany or citizens of other EU or Schengen countries with higher priority and will fulfill the positions.

I won't see it as pessimistic as Tom above: Foreign workers are admitted in professions where there is a shortage within the EU. I don't know if animal husbandry is among them, but it might be - as it is a hard, dirty and lowly paid job. The OP should do some research to find out whether it is possible and, if it is, apply for jobs at suitable employers directly.

beppi wrote:

I won't see it as pessimistic as Tom above: Foreign workers are admitted in professions where there is a shortage within the EU. I don't know if animal husbandry is among them, but it might be - as it is a hard, dirty and lowly paid job. The OP should do some research to find out whether it is possible and, if it is, apply for jobs at suitable employers directly.

Well this is why I asked and differentiate between skilled and unskilled labor. An expert in animal fertility/breeding, almost surely having a degree of some kind, might find work. But one doing unskilled labor at such a facility likely has no real hope. It will depend one one's qualifications.