New to Group/ Question about getting a package sent

I just thought I would introduce myself.

I am from the USA but live in Egypt . I am not really new to Egypt I have lived here for sometime  since before the revolution  a few years now  but still as a foreigner there are some thing I am still not use too and dont know . I was wondering  if anyone  here knows of a good way to have a package sent from the usa to egypt.  Its not anything big .  I would assume   DHL/ Fed Ex would be best so that it would be brought directly to your door .  I have not had anything sent to me before from the States . Also about how long did it take to arrive to you ? So I am just trying to get another opinion or if any one has any experience  feel free to respond

DHL is twice the price of FedEx/TNT. TNT was just bought out by FedEx. It's not cheap. An envelope will run about $80 from the states to Egypt. I sent something to the states and it was less than a kilo - it was $160 with DHL. I have no experience with the post office. Regardless of what it is, it will be opened so expect that it will be opened and inspected. If it is something that can be purchased here, expect to pay a duty... and it won't be cheap.

Thank you

If you hear anything about using the post office (I haven't used it here) or another delivery service, let me know. I don't think they have regular standard delivery like in the states... I've never seen a postal carrier in two years. When I used, FedEx, I had to pick it up. They did not deliver to my door but to the local drop area, then I had to show ID and if there is a fee, it had to be paid.

I have used Souq.  That was great - except the website is a nightmare to find anything. Selection is very, very limited. They will deliver to your door - AND you can also pay cash on delivery if you don't want to use your card. However, they do not refund the cash if you return the item. You get a credit to use on Souq for your next purchase. Souq and Amazon are owned by the same company (Amazon), but they are so not the same.

I heard you could have stuff sent to the American Consulate. I checked into that... Nope. Can't do that.
Best bet is to align with a group of friends who travel a lot and have extra space in the suitcase.

Hello,

I am an American as well and I owe a branch of my company over here in Egypt, we always has packages sent to us from our main company in US...

We use both  DHL/ Fed Ex  (depend on the package size and price)... It usually takes between 2 to 4 weeks to arrive, and sometimes less,,, If you need any other help in such thing please feel free to contact us at Spot cleaning, and ask for Dr. Al... He will help you in many other questions you might have from mailing to job offers to government issues and so for...
Thank  you

Yeah I was told DHL/ Fed  Ex is best . So my package was send by  Fed Ex and should arrive next week on  Thursday 25 . I will let you know how it turns out  Thanks so much for all the responses

@ tgoandco    Yes I have used  Souq  I am familiar with it and no you cant send packages to the embassy  to good to be true  I wish

@SpotCleaning  Thanks I will keep that in mind if  I ever need anything else sent .  Appreciate it

So just a quick update

I got my package today  it arrived early and the man had no problems finding my flat
He was very nice . I signed for it and did not have to pay anything.

So I suggest if you want to have something sent  internationally  use  FED EX

That's interesting. Was it only paperwork?
Because I heard a bunch of horror stories about shipping to Egypt from US. Are you going to use this method often?

I have ordered stuff from Amazon from a company called edfrawly(something like this)
And I took awhile because it's 3rd party.
And I also ordered a wagon from a company from egypt and got it super fast thru DHL. But I had to pay for because of the weight.

Yes  I will continue to use Fed Ex if I order anything else  It was actually a pleasant experience for Egypt only reason I did not get it sent by  DHl is it was not one where my family lives in the USA. It was only a debit card and a couple of puzzle books for my daughter. I am assuming thats why  I didnt have to pay anything or I just got lucky  Either way Im good

I found a service out of Florida that uses FedEx and they bundle all packages together and ship at once in one box and the shipping rate is half of the typical FedEx rate. I will let you know how it goes.