Egyptian men

Why, if this is an expat site are there so many Egyptian men contacting women. I didn't realise it was a singles web site when I joined. I. Am dissapointed

sorry you had this experience with some bad guys, otherwise I think some Egyptian here to help expat people :) 

Have a great day !!

unfortunately you are right am here trying to know some foreigners to know more about their culture not more but no one replay i think they had your experience so they don't answer any men i need them in some business and they don't answer :(

http://i1320.photobucket.com/albums/u531/wjwoodward/DATESITE_zps40374a09.jpg

Hello lynneroy2002,

Sadly, there are many here who simply will not conform to Expat-blog rules, no matter what we do. They just don't care that Expat-blog is NOT a dating site. It happens in many forums, not just in the Egypt Forum, however it is much more common in some forums than others.

In the public forums inappropriate postings will eventually be seen by a moderator, since they are public and action will get taken. However, it is always better to click on the REPORT triangle at the top of each posting which will bring an offending posting to the immediate attention of TEAM.

In the Private Message System, nobody sees your messages but you, so it becomes even more important that you report all inappropriate, unwanted, annoying messages by clicking on the ACTION button above each message and select REPORT. This will not only alert TEAM immediately, but it will also send a copy of the message(s) along with the report. TEAM will take all actions deemed necessary for the prevention of further abuses, including permanently banning the offending member if need be.

Cheers,
William James Woodward, Expat-blog Experts Team

Not all guys the same. You need some experience.

I have enough experience that's why I am not interested in meeting young single men. I am happily married and just want to meet other expats who have come to live in in Egypt

I wish you happy,have anice time in cairo

teko88 wrote:

Not all guys the same. You need some experience.

Actually, ALL the guys that are sending unwanted private messages trying to hook up with women the don't even know ARE ALL THE SAME!!!! They tend to think that they're God's (or Alá's) gift to women and that no woman could possibly live without them. They don't care, in most cases, if a woman is single or married, young or old, they don't even care if she has a photo avatar, they bombard anything in a skirt with annoying and often obscene private messages and topic postings. These are the ones we make every effort to weed out, but ladies WE NEED YOUR HELP in doing so, report, report, report, report!!!!

Cheers,
William James Woodward, Expat-blog Experts Team

lynneroy2002, could you please report all these guys ?

I'll ban them straight away

Thanks

I used to report only the guys who are sending messages over and over again. But just now when I found several useless messages I thought should I report them straight away? I think I should - just to get rid of all these guys who don't contribute anything useful to the forum...

Thank you, William and Julien!

keep reporting them you help the site improve a lot this way.... its a disgrace and hurts us more than it hurts you... but i`m surprised since you are already an expat you may have got a grasp of the "culture" here. its something like the ethics in the street towards females to be specific.
and trust me most of those think that all foreigners are of 2 cases... a broke Russian tourist who came from her country for a living and might fall for any promise of employment .... or a rich western European lady who will die when she see how handsome and manly they are  and they show that in a brash way by crawling on forums and trying one of those ways with you or any other normal person. :)

Just a small sign of how very different Western and Middle Eastern cultures really are, how they view women and a woman's role.

Western women aren't used to being treated like possessions or someone who's sole purpose in life is to do a man's bidding. Fortunately Western men, for the most part, aren't used to treating them like that either.

Some countries, sad to say, seem to be just 'frozen in time'.

I agree with what you say but, most of these guys are young and from Cairo. I would have thought they had moved out of the dark ages   Television is now available and one only has to look at the every day shows to see that times have changed. Also here in Cairo women have moved forward and in most cases have an equal life to their men. At least that's what I have noticed in the modern sites  of Cairo

Hi. I think I do have a good grasp on the Egyptian culture. But I say again I thought the forum was for expats. When one joins questions are asked about their background nationality etc.  so how does an Egyptian qualify (for want of a better word) as an Expat

Any nationality can qualify as an expat but most of us ARE actually living outside our own countries so are in fact real expats. There are actually many legitimate Egyptian expats on this site, living in Europe or the Gulf countries, however there are many that use this site and other sites as a 'dating agency'.
Report and delete is my motto

I see you are a fellow Australian :) Welcome to Expat's Blog. It is a great site

It could be that your photo is a little scary.

Thanks Tigerlilly

lynneroy2002 wrote:

Thanks Tigerlilly

As tigerlilly stated.

For PM's click view, click on the action logo, report it first, then delete it. 

For an inappropriate post just click on report top right hand of the post and tell the moderators why you are reporting the post.

I would advise report the user but don't delete the pm yet.
The team who investigate might ask your permission to view the pm. So please do not delete them after the user is banned.

Yeah likes yrs

sorry for this experience but i think there is many Egyptian people here to provide free services for foreigners or to help them for free or cash etc ... but i know  It is unfortunate that there are some men looking for dating and are wasting time, or perhaps want to have a friendship with foreign girls for marriage as they think it's a good way to live their life ... that really unfortunate.