Dog rabies vaccinations in Italy

Hi. I would like to know which rabies vaccinations are used for dogs in Italy and the time between boosters, please. Coming from the UK I am used to my dogs having the Nobivac Rabies vaccine which lasts for 3 years. Are 3-yearly boosters available in Italy or do they have to be given annually? I would be grateful for any information. Thank you.

I was under the impression that Italy is a no risk country for rabies. I have three cats- have had cats for the last 30 years- and not vet has ever even mentioned rabies.

Every dog in Italy must be vaccinated for rabies once a year. I'm afraid I don't know the type of vaccine given. Once vaccinated the dog can get an "EU Certificate", like a passport, that allows you to take the dog from country to country within the EU. Also important: get your dog Advantix or a like solution against mosquitos because they can carry and transmit a disease that is fatal to dogs,

GJSanders wrote:

Every dog in Italy must be vaccinated for rabies once a year. I'm afraid I don't know the type of vaccine given. Once vaccinated the dog can get an "EU Certificate", like a passport, that allows you to take the dog from country to country within the EU. Also important: get your dog Advantix or a like solution against mosquitos because they can carry and transmit a disease that is fatal to dogs,

Thank you. I don't like my dog to have vaccinations more frequently than necessary so was hoping that 3-yearly vaccines were available.