Have signed up twice as cody9. Border crossing at Chetamal

Looking to live in Corozal area. Will need to buy my insulin in Chetamal. What are  taraffs/duties crossing the border. Is it difficult

The land borders are still presently closed, no reopen date has been announced

Windy and other posts informing Land borders are closed.
However there was an announcement maritime borders for Yachting Has reopened.  Approved ports are San Pedro, Belize City, and Placencia.

But I don't understand needing to go to Mexico for insulin. After all diabetes is very common in Belize, so I would think any pharmacy in Belize would stock it. My wife and I have no problem getting prescriptions for the medications we take, filled in the pharmacy in Placencia, far cheaper than the same items in the USA.

I agree would think you could get it here. However, I know a someone who did the paperwork and was approved for medical reasons to cross the border and go for treatment in Merida.

I understand no people can go through, but packages do. So if you have someone in the other side packaging and delivering it to you at the border you can pick it up.

At least a friend did that successfully for several packages at the Guatemala border.

Hi Taco Girl, I miss your great blog!

But back to the original thread....buying insulin. I am not currently in Belize, waiting a couple more weeks in Texas for my second covid-19 vaccine shot.

However all it takes is someone in country to call their local pharmacy and ask the price of insulin. After all does anyone really expect a PG resident needing repeating doses to go across the Mexican border for them? 😄

Diabetes is listed as the second highest cause of death in Belize. In the small pharmacy in Placencia, I have no problem buying other prescriptions.

If Ninia the pharmacist does not have it, she can order it out of a supply house in Belize city. Now Belize is always surprising me, but my gut feeling is buying insulin for those that need it can't be that expensive in country.