New members of the Saudi Arabia forum, introduce yourselves here - 2021

Hi all,

Newbie on the Saudi Arabia forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country,
or to tell us more on your expat projects in Saudi Arabia if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

Welcome to your second country

Hi I'm about to move Riyadh as a female expat. I'm looking for a 1-2 bedroom accommodation in a safe building / compound. If you have any suggestions for accommodation or tips on moving to Riyadh, please let me know!

Hi all
Would anyone be able to share a going salary/package range for UK expats in senior project management positions in construction, expected to oversee multiple high value projects in the Eastern Province?
Grateful for any info, as I could not find much online.

Hi I moved here one month ago taking a medical job in one of the prestigious hospitals in Saudi Arabia, my hobbies are music, tennis and swimming. Looking forward to play tennis here in Khobar

Abdullah, working as a System Analyst in Riyadh.

Good morning. Just saw your message. Most of the companies now are following the salary curves developed by Hay. Latest one is showing the range of 60-80K total package for head of such construction mega company. Again there no fixed package. It depends if the company is paying schooling, and other benefits or not. Also if the company will provide a house or only pay the housing and you should manage.Also consider if there is a yearly bonus or not.  I have the latest salary survey but not sure how to send it in this forum.
Good luck

Hi, anyone knows where and how to watch Superbowl 2021 on Feb 8 in Riyadh?

Hello everyone, my name is Justina, I am Lithuanian and moved to Riyadh nearly 2 years ago from London. I work as a Yoga and Fitness instructor and look forward to meeting other likeminded ladies from different countries here. Sorry not looking for male friends here.

Salam and Hi everyone. I moved from Tanzania to Saudi Arabia two weeks back. Working in a gold mine as pit Supervisor.

Hello everyone,

Welcome to Expat.com to all of you :)

Thanks for introducing yourselves.

Should you have any expat-related questions about life in Saudi Arabia, please feel free to start new threads on the Saudi Arabia forum.

All the best in your current and future plans as expats,

Diksha

Greetings!I am an English Literature and Linguistics  graduate from National University Of Modern Languages NUML Islamabad Pakistan.I have recently moved in to Dammam and I am currently seeking a teaching job position at a well known institute. Since I'm new here i have very vague knowledge about job application process here,should i follow up some specific sites for it or go for walk in submissions? Any guide related to my query would be really helpful.

Hi Maleha
Welcome to Saudi arabia and welcome to Expat.com:)
Hope you are doing great.
Regarding the job application process and curriculum vitae you should know techniques.
You have to send your Curriculum and cover letters in different institutes and then have to follow up.
If you know how to make a good C.V and Cover letter regarding ESL you can write me.
I have worked at different institutes in Eastern region.
Best of luck:)

Hello everyone.
i would like to know where can we apply for TEFL courses here in dammam? do these online TEFL certificates work well too?
i have recently moved in to Dammam and I'm currently seeking an English Teaching job locally,i have competed my BS Hons in English Literature and Linguistics from NUML pakistan but i haven't got chance to carry out my TEFL course.

Hi Maliha
You should contact London Teachers Training College. The have a consultant who offers English language courses for teachers, her name is Fatima Azam Ali.
I did few courses with her including  Tesol, Tefl and IELTS.
Professional and teachers serving in Eastern region mostly join the same College.
Without English teaching courses one can't join colleges and universities. May be it's okey on school level.
Follow the link.
https://www.teachenglish.co.uk/tefl-cou … hours.html

Certificate in TEFL - 120 hours
All study materials
Certificate and transcript
Full Tutor and Admin support
The course fee includes the TQUK registration and certification fee (valued at up to £30.00).

Thankyou so much Gulraiz.
You have really helped me getting loads of things cleared up here. I will follow it up, meanwhile i have an interview today at an international school here in dammam at 12, hope to see things go the right way from here on.

You are more then welcome:)
Best of luck for Interview.
you can write any question regarding ESL in Eastern region.
Information about Schools, Colleges, institutes and Universities etc.

Al Hussan , Al Manarat, Almajd and New world is better for applying Englsih Jobs.

Hello Everyone,

I just recently moved to riyadh and works as Project Consultant in diriyah.

Thanks all

Hie Everyone
I posted my CV on the Saudi Arabia job website.Recently I was called by an agent from Sorfomation Consultancy asking if I was interested in the Mining job.I agreed and sent the documents needed and was told they will be fowarded to the employer who will then shortlist and conduct interviews.My question is ..How legitimate is the recruitment process through agents..And please help with any relevant information regarding recruitment process esp when am from Africa.

You should apply online
I know someone in khobar you can contact +966578849130

My name is Imran Sayyed
Working in Deraah Trading Co as a purchase executive since Oct 2019
Hobbies are playing and watching cricket, playing carrom and like to travel and explore new places.
Hope to find new friends here........

Thanks very much.

Try ALGHADER COMPOUND EXIT 5

limited facilities gym, pool and coffee shop. It's quite and central 10-15mins to Olaya area. A lot of services around the area, clinics, supermarkets and malls

Hello everyone
I am a British guy in my 20s from the UK, now in Riyadh.
Any males interested in chatting, sharing notes, connecting, etc., then do get in touch!
Hope to hear from you.

Hi All
I am a UK Husband and Father starting a new role in Al Khobar. I have worked in ME for nearly 5 years but not in KSA. I am looking for a room to rent in a family compound so my wife can visit also. I will be at work most of the time but home at weekends. Open to suggestions but I come from a big family so I like the hustle and bustle of it all. All suggestions considered and anywhere between Dammam and Al Khobar. TIA John Pollard

Hii,everyone,,, i just finished my contract as a pizza chef,i looking for a job in a pizza restaurant, ***
Thank you all

Moderated by Cheryl 3 years ago
Reason : For security reasons, do not post your contact details on the forum.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct
Mapongwane wrote:

Hie Everyone
I posted my CV on the Saudi Arabia job website.Recently I was called by an agent from Sorfomation Consultancy asking if I was interested in the Mining job.I agreed and sent the documents needed and was told they will be fowarded to the employer who will then shortlist and conduct interviews.My question is ..How legitimate is the recruitment process through agents..And please help with any relevant information regarding recruitment process esp when am from Africa.

Make sure you ask the recruiters if you have to pay them or not. I am in healthcare... I only deal with those who get their commission directly from the employer/hiring company. I reject those recruiters who try to charge me, even if they say "it's just a small amount".  Good luck!

Good evening everyone,

Is anyone experienced the new system of Kafala ? Contract etc ? If so how is it and is there fees for transferring between sponsors ( kafeel) ?

I'm Joseph Reyes Samonte I'm 38 years old wen I was coming in our country my age is 24 until now. I'm proud to be part and working in Saudi Arabia because now I have to much investment personal in my country  thank for all of my blessing saudi arabia and thank you for accept me..

Hi, I'm James Foord from England. I've been living in Riyadh since November 2021, running the business development for a Riyadh-headquartered architectural & engineering practice. I'm into cycling, swimming, walking, exploring, movies, reading and being generally sociable.  Would love to hook up with any other like-minded kindred spirits.

Welcome to riyadh

As Salamun Alaykum

I want to protect my Deen to move to Shariah ruled country.

Allah(swt) will show a way out from the shirk that is so universal in Europe.

I have the intention to make friends before arriving in about a year and half to be ready to live in the Gulf States.

Wa Jazakhallu Kairan for the community.

From Djann (Kurdish)

Hi, all connect on FB, twitter @PardesiLounge

hi everyone,

my name is JM, 31, single, from  Philippines.

i have been in and out of the kingdom for 8 years. Now that there is this new initiative from the government, I am planning to take this opportunity.

not really an out going person but willing to have some fun.

thanks

Hello and thanks for the welcome. I am currently in UAE and my next move might be Riyadh so have joined this forum to ask lots of questions!

Starting with accommodation....do all expats live in compounds and what are the pitfalls of living outside (of compounds)?

I am pretty clueless about this!

Mohandissa wrote:

Hello and thanks for the welcome. I am currently in UAE and my next move might be Riyadh so have joined this forum to ask lots of questions!

Starting with accommodation....do all expats live in compounds and what are the pitfalls of living outside (of compounds)?

I am pretty clueless about this!

No pitfall or anything bad happens if you want to stay alone rather than in a compound within your english community.
But it depends on your company if they are agreed to give you residence out of the compound?

Thanks for the response. I will check with the company to understand if there are restrictions.

Hello ,
My name is Roberto, Italian engineer working in Khobar.
Looking for friends

Rob1957 wrote:

Hello ,
My name is Roberto, Italian engineer working in Khobar.
Looking for friends

Hello Mr Roberto
How are you?
What is your field?

Hello,

I'm a girl :) from Saudi :) hope we can be friends:)

Closed