Married: health care

I'm new in Saudia. Planning on bringing family in near future.

Just wondering if anyone could provide information on availability of condoms and other birth control medicines? What is the legal status of such medicines?

Are condoms and birth control medicines available? where from?

Please help

Is this your main concern or query with bringing your family here?? :whistle: Pharmacy, and have seen condoms in danube so assume you will find them in other supermarkets as well

Hello Louise

Thanks for your reply. Well we just had our second child in quick succession which we were not actually planning on. Since my family would be moving here with me, we were just considering our options.

My main concern is I guess the legality of the whole scenario. More specifically condoms, medical procedures and related medicines. Views of local Doctors etc.

I do apologize if the questions seem too obvious to you but I'm new

Louise.Welge wrote:

Is this your main concern or query with bringing your family here?? :whistle: Pharmacy, and have seen condoms in danube so assume you will find them in other supermarkets as well

Perfectly ligitimate question really - not like you are the only one asking, I also wanted to know about pills when I first came out just made me giggle at first, most people here want to know about visas and accomodation and schools etc. Stuff that actually causes problems, granted getting pregnant would also be a problem for some ... You're first question here is like how can i get my leg over and not knock her up :P

But no seriously, you can get it all like normal. Just buy it over the counter. Also can get an implant which lasts about 3 years then you dont have to worry about missing pills and breaks if all your worried about is more kids

easily available

Good luck with contraceptives

gracielou wrote:

OOH Implant where and how ???

Well in the UK we get them for free at the NHS garden clinics and is just like a little stick that gets injected into your arm lasts about 3 years. Takes all of about a second to put the thing in and is numb so it doesnt hurt. Although I got my first one changed just a couple weeks ago and it hurt like hell. They do numb the area and all you're s'posed to feel is pressure but for whatever reason it wasnt working on me this time and it wasnt nice at all.

But is definately worth it if your with the same partner, you dont need to worry about missing pills and such. I got another one put in so my experience cant have been that off putting really :)

called Implanon and Nexplanon implants