New members of the Paraguay forum, introduce yourselves here - 2021

Hi all,

Newbie on the Paraguay forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country,
or to tell us more on your expat projects in Paraguay if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

Me llamo Paul, trabajo en informática y vivo en Paraguay ya hace casi una década. Me gusta el país, la cultura y las comidas típicas  ;)

Acá aprendí a hablar español aunque el guaraní me cuesta entender. El clima acá es muy parecido a Australia (en la parte que vivía yo).

Que bueno encontrar un foro para los expats en Paraguay.

Feliz Año Nuevo! 🥂

@ Pschrottky :

Welcome to Expat.com :)

Grateful if you can please introduce yourself in english since we are on an english speaking forum.

Thank you,

Priscilla
Expat.com Team  :cheers:

Hi I'm living in the UK and I'm 55yrs old. I have a masters degree in digital journalism and a BA(Hons) International Event Management with Marketing. I'm a freelance photographer and journalist and would like to study and report on culture and cultural events etc whilst living in the country. What do I need to do? Thanks Lee

L N64 wrote:

Hi I'm living in the UK and I'm 55yrs old. I have a masters degree in digital journalism and a BA(Hons) International Event Management with Marketing. I'm a freelance photographer and journalist and would like to study and report on culture and cultural events etc whilst living in the country. What do I need to do? Thanks Lee

Why py as desired destination ?

I have said why in my introduction 😊

Hi Lee,

Well, In order to start living here you just need your fly ticket and your passport, you dont need a visa,
Previously, Book and a hotel reservation or airBnB in ASUNCION, and when you stay here, you can contact to an inmigration lawyer to start the residence proccess.  But, it does not be an obstacle to start working from here on your affairs.

I suggest to contact a recognized inmigration buffet or lawyer.  You can google and decide...

If you want to read more about how to aquire the Paraguayan permament residence, you can follow the link to Requirements to acquire permanent residence in Paraguay

Hope this help you, best regards

Carlos Maidana Torres,

Hello All.....hope everyone is sound and safe.........I am happy to join this Forum .
I am.interested in setting up a small business in Paraguay ( recruiting people from.the middle East  with various walks of life).
I was planning to visit Asuncion end of last year ,but unfortunately and due to Covid 19 travel restrictions , I was compelled to cancel it.
As a matter of fact I was planning to dedicate my visit for Naturalization application.
So let's see if anyone can assist me with these sophisticated paperwork .
Meanwhile take care.
Thanks. Basel

I am planning to visit Paraguay in near feature (after Covid) and will be there for at least 1 month to understand the posibility of farming and later start process control instrumentation business.  I am looking for Paraguyan national who can speak/understand english language.

I am also planning on vissiting Paraguay in two months.

hi everyone. My name is Luke and I'm from the US. I was fortunate to meet the love of my life at a distance, during the pandemic. She is from Asuncion.  I'm here to stay - at least for the medium term - in the "Mother of Cities." Looking forward to making some expat connections.

Hi all, I'm Dennis.  I'm currently in the US but am anticipating retiring to Paraguay in 2022.  Aside from being a nice place to live with wonderful people, I'm going to be looking at opportunities as they arise.

Were you able to make the visit?  What are your thoughts?

Dennis

Hi all. I have some interest in Paraguay. Would like to learn more about first person perspectives there. Thanks.

Hi everyone

My husband and I currently live in Cape Town, South Africa and are considering moving to Paraguay.  We would like to find out from other South Africans who have already made the jump what their experiences are, positive and negative. We are retired and would like to live on a small holding with income potential.

Hi everyone, I just joined today but have been living in Paraguay for three years. Unfortunately my story is not a good one. I have been working for the same guy for three years and life is a living hell. When I arrived here I spoke absolutely no Spanish whatsoever. Coming here was a spur of the moment decision and having spoken to people who have worked aboard; the  advise I received was that it is easier to find employment or volunteer programs (of which I am a huge fan) once in the country. And so I arrived  with a head full of dreams of learning and experiencing new languages and culture...
I also noticed that many backpackers were running volunteer programs where one works for 6-8 hours, has a bed and meals. Firstly upon arrival the cost of my accommodation was more than the booking price and as I had plans to find work or a program I like my stay became more and more lengthy. The owner of the backpackers where I was staying  speaks three languages, one of them being English and has been a resident for several years. I then struck a deal with him I will volunteer at his backpackers working 8 hours a day ,plus bed and two meals; But the hours increased and the meals lessened.
Anyway to cut a long story short after a year he offered to pay me a monthly salary at first he was the only person I could communicate with but my Spanish improved and with it my hours, with the start of the pandemic I found myself working 24 hours a day 7 days a week and my visa ran out but could get the time off I needed and now I Speak, read, write and understand Spanish well enough to do things on my own and also finely have a little free time but he has stopped paying me and every time I bring it he alternates between promises, shouting and threats. I am in contact with a lawyer but lawyers cost money.
I am working hard at getting myself out of this miserable situation.

My New is George Thigpen I am from Windsor North Carolina l am 62 years old I am retired l was at Fairfax county Virginia. Reston, Herndon, Potomac Falls. I am thinking about retiring in Paraguay . My father U.S. Embassy in Asuncion married my mother 1957at that time population Asuncion 100000 people. they both died three years ago.  Look at UTUBE Gran pa BOOGIES Gran Ma playing the piano My parents 6 years ago.

Hi,

I invite you to follow this topic on this new thread:
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=969383

Thanks!

Closed