New members of the Malta forum, introduce yourselves here - 2021

OK - thanks very much, I haven't started to wade through it yet, but I will soon!

Cheers,

Keith

I am Christiana from originally Nigerian and living in Malta for the past 21years, am with my husband and we had a son who is 12years now. I am just newly a Maltese citizen the year.

I need some information regarding how i can add my husband's surname to effective on my name.  All the people i was asking were saying that i will need to speak to a lawyer or Notary. and i don't really know what Notary need to do in this matter so please advise me. thanks

chrisdaniel1999 wrote:

I am Christiana from originally Nigerian and living in Malta for the past 21years, am with my husband and we had a son who is 12years now. I am just newly a Maltese citizen the year.

I need some information regarding how i can add my husband's surname to effective on my name.  All the people i was asking were saying that i will need to speak to a lawyer or Notary. and i don't really know what Notary need to do in this matter so please advise me. thanks

Hi Christiana,
there are numerous lawyers and notaries in Malta and all of them want your best, namely your money. You will probably need a law firm which is specialized on Family and Litigation law. Just have a look on the yellow pages from page 419 to page 424 and you will find a legal wizard who is able to assist you. Just beware of advance fee. In Nigeria they call it 419 scam!

Hi,I am new ,from Canada but born in Wales. We have just moved to Malta and are trying to get residency. We are jumping through hoops right now and every time we get an email it is costing us more and more. We were told by the Maltese consulate in Canada that it would be a formality(yeah right) we were also told by the Canadian consulate in Valletta it would be just a formality.
Has anyone else been through this?

Welcome to the Forum, since Brexit it is not so easy as you are now TCN's (third country nationals) and not EU citizens.

Odaat777 wrote:

Hi,I am new ,from Canada but born in Wales. We have just moved to Malta and are trying to get residency. We are jumping through hoops right now and every time we get an email it is costing us more and more. We were told by the Maltese consulate in Canada that it would be a formality(yeah right) we were also told by the Canadian consulate in Valletta it would be just a formality.
Has anyone else been through this?

If you hold a British passport and was told it was easy before 2020 then yes it was easy. But as Mo, says because of Brexit its not easy. If you hold a Canadian passport, then you will be treated as a 3CN. So will have to go through many hoops.

Hi Hanselmar,
                          Thanks for your advised, much appreciated.

Christiana

chrisdaniel1999 wrote:

Hi Hanselmar,
                          Thanks for your advised, much appreciated.

Christiana

Hi Christiana,
do not mention it, I just hope my advice is helpful and nobody is scamming you.

Regards, Hans-E

My name is Emon
I want to go to Malta for work

emon52463 wrote:

My name is Emon
I want to go to Malta for work

Why do you want to work in Malta? Have you ever visited the island?

I want to find work in Malta restaurant and hotel as a chef can help me to find ways to get a work permit there and job

arvindersharma88 wrote:

I want to find work in Malta restaurant and hotel as a chef can help me to find ways to get a work permit there and job

The only help we can do is suggest you look at the job section on here.

Hi
As I am looking for a job in Malta.
Myself Rehan yakub pasha Shaik
I am an Ac technician/electrician
Working in india, now I am looking to move and work in Malta.based on my experience and qualifications, that can help me to get visa.

1994rehanshaik wrote:

Hi
As I am looking for a job in Malta.
Myself Rehan yakub pasha Shaik
I am an Ac technician/electrician
Working in india, now I am looking to move and work in Malta.based on my experience and qualifications, that can help me to get visa.

As mentioned many many times we cannot help you get a visa, the only help we can give is to look at the job section here, we are not recruitment agents.

Hi, I´m Portuguese and currently thinking of moving to Malta.
Love the Island.

Hello madskor3,

Welcome to Expat.com :)

Since you're considering a potential move to Malta at the forum, I would advise you to start new threads on the Malta forum to gather as much information as possible to make up your mind.

Best of luck with your future plans,

Diksha
Expat.com team

Welcome to the forum. For EU citizens it is an easy move to work in Malta. Just make sure you will find the right job and the pay is better than in your native Portugal and everything is easy. However, consider housing might be more expensive than in Portugal and car traffic is probably worse. We have the highest traffic density of Europe and we drive on the left. Therefore before you make a final decision visit this country and check out suitable accommodations. Love is good, but knowledge is better.

Hi! I'm my name is Ilya Schembri
I'm a local (half maltese, half russian) and having been an expat myself in Spain and in Italy, i know the importance of having a community  such as this to help those just arriving to the island.

My favorite (entertainment) topics are mainly places for dining and eating out,  traditional or unique experiences, so I'm sure I'll be able to recommend some good unique places for you ;)

My profession is in the real estate sector (rentals and sales) and I believe in helping out anyone (especially expats) understand how things work here in Malta.
I know the difficulties and confusion expats may find when settling in a new country as I had some hard times myself when living abroad, understanding and getting accustomed to the procedures that may be different from our home country.

Anyone in need of assistance feel free to reach out !

My name is Lilian Jones. My husband and I, with 2 small dogs and 2 cats, are moving to Malta in March 2022.
We have been finding it hard to find out what paperwork we need and how to get a residents visa. Can anyone help me please?

Lilian Jones wrote:

My name is Lilian Jones. My husband and I, with 2 small dogs and 2 cats, are moving to Malta in March 2022.
We have been finding it hard to find out what paperwork we need and how to get a residents visa. Can anyone help me please?

Check out the pinned post at the beginning of the forum for information on residency for TCNs, which is what UK citizens are since Brexit. Then look at the Identity Malta website to get the latest facts and figures.
You will need to make an appointment to apply for residency, the forms required can be downloaded from the website. Initially, I believe, you will only get residency on a year to year basis.

Hi,
I have been on the identity Malta site and have emailed them but have not found them very helpful. They tell me what paperwork I need to get but not how to  get it. I can't find your information at the beginning of the forum.

Lilian Jones wrote:

Hi,
I have been on the identity Malta site and have emailed them but have not found them very helpful. They tell me what paperwork I need to get but not how to  get it. I can't find your information at the beginning of the forum.

What paper work specifically do you not know how to get?

We don't know what we need or where to find it. We are in the UK and are planing to come over in March next year. We have an income from properties we let here and a private pension that we receive now. I would be most grateful if anyone xan help me.

You say:

Lilian Jones wrote:

We don't know what we need or where to find it.

You also say:

Lilian Jones wrote:

They tell me what paperwork I need to get but not how to  get it.

We would like to help you, they told you what paper work you need, but some of it you don't know how to get. So tell us which of the things you were told you do not know how to get maybe we can help.

We cannot help with a general question with no details, every situation is different, the more you tell us, the more we can help.

Lilian Jones wrote:

We don't know what we need or where to find it. We are in the UK and are planing to come over in March next year. We have an income from properties we let here and a private pension that we receive now. I would be most grateful if anyone xan help me.

This PDF file will tell you what you need to do

You might wish to read up on 3CN HERE

Because of BREXIT, life has become a lot harder for you.

Where do I find form Id 1A and how do I get a letter from the Inland revenue? Is it the UK Inland revenue or from Malta. Do we need to do this before we come over or when we get there.

Lilian Jones wrote:

Where do I find form Id 1A and how do I get a letter from the Inland revenue? Is it the UK Inland revenue or from Malta. Do we need to do this before we come over or when we get there.

This link takes you straight to the Identity Malta Website on the relevant page for TCNs, which you are,

https://www.identitymalta.com/unit/expa … -Nationals

This link takes you to the page to download the form ID 1A,

https://www.identitymalta.com/wp-conten … -ID-1A.pdf

I simply googled Identity Malta Form ID 1A and there it was.

As for tax, you have to register with the Maltese tax authorities if you are going to be resident here but it is simple and you can call in the office or I think download the form.

You will of course have to have health cover, either via the Reciprocal Health Agreement or S1 agreement for UK pensioners in receipt of there UK State pension or Private health cover. If you work and pay int o Malta's Social Services you will have health cover anyway.

Thank you so much for your help, it is much appreciated.

Hello,  do you still working in St.James hospital in sliema, could you please advise me if it is good for a nursing job there as I have been offered a job with them, I would appreciate your answers

bryanemi wrote:

Hello,  do you still working in St.James hospital in sliema, could you please advise me if it is good for a nursing job there as I have been offered a job with them, I would appreciate your answers

Welcome to the Forum, who are you referring too?

I need work permit for malta

malikasad179 wrote:

Do you have a job?

How much processing time

How much cost

malikasad179 wrote:

We have explained to you that we cannot find you work or get you a work permit.

@hasmuddinansari095

Instead of one line sentences which is pretty rude, please explain yourself more! Because we have no idea what you're talking about.

Hi to all,

I'm Gerry  form Philippines and presently been staying here in Dubai for 32 years since 1989.
My first and last job was in the field of Vertical Transportation aka Elevators.   The last position I held for 5 years was with the company called VT Consultant for Cooper Wilcock Kramer VT Consultants.
My specific job description was a field quality inspector in UAE, Saudi Arabia and Qatar. I also handled technical specifications submittals and proposals from major manufacturers for final review and recommendations based on technical compliances.
I hope my expertise can be an additional workforce for the country of Malta.

Thanks all...

Unless there is anything suitable listed in the jobs section we can not help you on this Forum as we are not recruitment consultants. Any jobs that are advertised have to be made available to suitably qualified Maltese first, suitably qualified EU citizens second and only then to TCNs
Sorry.

helloo sir I am shahzad shafi cruntly working in Dubai UAE as a public bus driver RTA DUBAI i also have 4 year truck driver experience in Saudi Arabia i am pakistan national my age 40 year and I have 12 years driving experience i am married have 4 child's i am very interested to wo in Malta

arooshshahroz784 wrote:

helloo sir I am shahzad shafi cruntly working in Dubai UAE as a public bus driver RTA DUBAI i also have 4 year truck driver experience in Saudi Arabia i am pakistan national my age 40 year and I have 12 years driving experience i am married have 4 child's i am very interested to wo in Malta

This forum does not operate as a recruitment agency, so we can not help.
You could try contacting Malta Public Transport who do have a number of TCNs amongst their drivers.

Closed