Mooring fee's.

I am going to buy a boat later in the year and I just want to know where to put it and what are the mooring cost's?

Hi barneyboy,

it will depend on size and location. It is difficult to get a permanent mooring place in one of the marina's in Malta.

Here are Grand Harbour Marina prices as an example:

cnmarinas.com/widget/document/file?fn=116

Cheers
Ricky

Ouch, thank you.

here's another question: I am about to open a pub in Bugibba. I have to apply to play amplified music. I need certification by a qualified engineer that the building is sound proof and has adequate emergency exit's. does anyone know anyone ?

barneyboy wrote:

here's another question: I am about to open a pub in Bugibba. I have to apply to play amplified music. I need certification by a qualified engineer that the building is sound proof and has adequate emergency exit's. does anyone know anyone ?

Is this for amplified music for after 11pm? I would be very surprised if you would be issued one in Bugibba (unless the bar had one before?)

No, it is for amplified music before 11pm. It's just for bingo, quizzes etc. It's a pub for the community not a party pub.

Then that is covered by the normal licence from the MTA? Are you sure you need all that, I don't know anyone else that does and I certainly didn't need it but that was a couple of years ago? Who told you this?

Licencing department in Valletta, I have just been back today and they told me to print the application from the internet.

But are you asking the right questions? Sorry to sound like I am butting in but have you asked what the standard trading licence states? The application you are asking for is for amplified music for ALL opening hours which can be up to 2 or 4am, which is different to what you want. You just want the standard up until 11pm.
What does your actual licence for operating a bar say??

it doesn't say but the bar is second class, so that may make a difference, I don't know. I know we can't sell crisps and nuts but we can give them away. silly isn't it.

Oh well, looks like it has changed in the last couple of years or so. I wish you luck. That bar has been closed a while now, will be nice to see it open again :)

Thank you, we are looking forward to opening on the 4th July.

Are you sure about the class 2 permit ?

Class 2 is a residential (old peoples ) home. A pub or bar is class 6 as far as I know.

Cheers
Ricky

ricky wrote:

Are you sure about the class 2 permit ?

Class 2 is a residential (old peoples ) home. A pub or bar is class 6 as far as I know.

Cheers
Ricky

There is class 1 and 2 (and sometimes 3) in all catering trading licences.

Not permit just class.
http://justiceservices.gov.mt/LOM.aspx? … hrono& gotoID=409

Page . L. 409. 15 catering Establishments regulations

Open PDF. Rule 12.

And then page 19 on ward's

Ok , sorry.

I thought you were referring to the class number of the MEPA permit for commercial activity -)))

I wish you luck in Bugibba.

Cheers
Ricky

barneyboy wrote:

Ouch, thank you.

Still cheap by European Standards,