Moving to Argentina from south Africa

Good day My name is Danie Pretorius and i am so tiered of looking over my shoulder when I walk around , tiered of crime ,tiered of the constant worries about the safety of my family, tiered of all the farm murders and crime. I ask myself the question "when will enough be enough", The day my wife comes home to a dead husband or i come home to a dead wife and child.

So here is my question, Are there any people living in Argentina who can give me some advice for living there and migrating. I do not want to live in a city and would rather buy a farm or a place on the cost line.

Once i sell my farms here in South Africa I will have enough money saved to retire there and spend some quality time with my family or maybe start farming again there.

I sympathize with your position.  But you need a plan that goes forward in small steps, not a big leap all at once.

You say you do not want to live in a city.  Would you put that desire foremost, over and against your fears of coming home to dead family members?  Many people don't like cities but life is easier in most, especially if you do not speak Spanish.  There is more likely to be a community of expats in a city from which you can get support and knowledge daily.  You can always visit the country and farms.  And perhaps eventually move to the country but only once you know what you are doing and know the area well.

In addition to this forum, here are two groups focused on expats in Argentina that may be of some help to you:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/403411839838831/https://www.facebook.com/groups/BuenosAiresExpatHub/

You could also do a search for

moving to argentina requirements

...which will give you a number of links that may prove helpful, as to what you need to do, as well as other aspects of living there.

I strongly advise learning Spanish, beginning now.  Being able to speak and understand even a little Spanish is infinitely preferable to not knowing any.  There are many internet resources, just do a search for

learn spanish

...and you will get many hits including short videos that can help you in every area of the language.

Hello Danie,

My name is Ines, and am writing to your from Argentina.

Just read your post for the first time.  Noticed it was posted mid of last year +/-.

Have you had any luck with anyone helping you with this matter so far??
Have you established any contacts from here already??
If you already have people helping out, let me know.  If not, let me know and shoot me an email to my personal email address ***
I would love to help you and your family out.

Take care and GOD bless you all!

Moderated by Diksha 3 years ago
Reason : Please exchange contact details through private messaging. Thank you.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct