and thank you for admin and all ppl managing this forum

I'm 50 y old man looking for business opportunities to invest in Argentina
i'am from Algeria and use to live in Paris - Moscow - Dubai  and New York
i speak Russian Arabic French and English
and right now studying Spanish

I have 30 y experience in Real Estate

Dear Ben,

What currency would you be buying with?

The value of the Argentine peso (versus the U.S. dollar) has been cut in half already this year.

As someone coming to "relocate to Argentina soon," you would want to arrange to be in position to make any purchase in a currency other than the peso.

You can see the peso's weakness if you Google xe.com convert usd to argentine pesos and scroll down on the XE page to the one-year chart.

Even with 30 years doing real estate, if you have zero time doing real estate or buying businesses in South America, you should not plan to make a major investment right off the plane.

cccmedia

Thank you for your answer and your advice
but if you are in my place you will invest in what kind of business ?

Benargentina wrote:

Thank you for your answer and your advice
but if you are in my place you will invest in what kind of business?

Dear Ben,

I moved back into the USA stock market this year .. and am in the process of moving most of the assets, up to 70 percent, into corporate USA bonds with a minimum six or seven percent annual return.

I will be avoiding any investments in Argentina due to high inflation, weakness of the currency .. and the instability resulting from such.  Do yourself a favor and review the inflation rates of 2018 in Argentina -- recorded at above 40 percent this September...

https://tradingeconomics.com/argentina/inflation-cpi

Perhaps you would like to share with us the reasons for your interest in investing in Argentina in spite of the country's continual economic and financial challenges.

cccmedia

Also view this MoneyWeek article dated just before Argentina's inflation spikes of the past several months, titled "Investors Rush For the Exits in Argentina"...

https://moneyweek.com/487942/investors- … -argentina

the main reason its because my half is living there i mean my future wife

I see, Ben.

Well, if I were in your position, I would still invest in USA stocks and bonds.

Barring an iron-clad pre-nup, if there is such a thing in Argentina, I'd want to keep control of any assets I was personally putting into the marriage.  Keeping most of the assets in a business in Argentina would probably not meet my standards for real control.  Nor for diversity.

If the assets are still in Paris, Dubai or other place(s) you've been, l would probably consider keeping them right there or in an offshore brokerage account .. and arranging to invest in the most reliable bonds and stocks available that produce an acceptable income.

I'd be dealing in dollars, not pesos, all the way.

If you set up some new investments before the marriage, it's your call whether to disclose your total financial structures to your new wife.

As you become accustomed to your married life and businesses in Argentina, you could decide later whether to make an investment in a currently-financially-risky country.  It should be acceptable to all parties that for the first year, you would strictly be educating yourself so you can eventually spot a good opportunity.

cccmedia

i was thinking to invest small investment only services
real estate broker and sale or rent agricole land to people from Dubai UAE
UAE is small country and they dont have land to cover food need in them country
so they are looking for land to rent or sale everywhere in the world

what do you thing ?

i already invest in stock market long time ago
and loose everything include my ex wife

Dear Ben,

As I mentioned, I am putting up to 70 percent of my liquid assets into USA corporate bonds.  Some of the world's best known investors promote the security and predictability of holding a bond portfolio.  I use a bond advisory firm to make sure my bonds meet the standards of income, independent ratings, proper sizing of individual holdings, and time-to-maturity.

If you determine this is safer or better for you than the stock market -- which it surely is -- I can assist you through referrals.  I do not profit financially .. and would only do it to assist a fellow forum member.

-----

I have no way of knowing whether you could be successful in buying and developing raw land in Argentina for agriculture .. for sale or rent to UAE customers.  I suspect that could be daunting unless you already had customer contracts in hand.

cccmedia

Hi Ben

Argentina is a great country to live in with some reservations.   Right now with the peso loosing against the US dollar its a great time to buy in peso's .  From the moment you put down a reserve  the property just keeps getting cheaper in US equivalent.

The Political scene is a bit rocky but that is unlikely to effect foreign nationals.   

I suggest looking at Mendoza Provence and buying into Vineyards   Some are really cheap. But as a foreigner you will need to get a certificate from the land registry to buy rural land over 1 Hecter but that is just a formality.

Buenos Aires is a good place to buy apartments.  That would usually be in USD though. Property is cheap but rentals are high. So a sound investment.   

Bring in as much cash in USD as you can the limit used to be 12,000  per person.

Depends if you and your wife are country loves or city dudes.  But Cordoba rural is a lovely Provence  , property is cheap ( not as cheap as Mendoza)  and life  in the tourist areas is balmy ,  Its an up and coming area around traslasierra. 

Wishing you the best .

Wolf321 wrote:

Argentina is a great country to live in with some reservations.   Right now with the peso losing against the US dollar its a great time to buy in peso's .  From the moment you put down a reserve  the property just keeps getting cheaper in US equivalent....

I suggest Mendoza province and buying into Vineyards.  Some are really cheap.... 

Bring in as much cash in USD as you can the limit used to be 12,000  per person.

Yes, Argentina is beautiful.

As for the prediction that a property will keep getting "cheaper in US equivalent" once a deposit is posted, that assumes that what has been occurring will continue.  However, past performance is not predictive of future results.  Perhaps our readers have come across this statement in investing circles before.  It remains true.  Most currency speculators are gamblers.

Investing in vineyards?  Only if one knows vineyards.  Don't get tied down by the security and maintenance issues that have to be looked after with boots-on-the-ground, sacrificing your ability to travel or move.

Argentina is known as a safe country among the countries on this continent.  However, don't go walking around with $12,000 US or its equivalent in pesos or other currencies.  Not even for the time it takes to find a secure storage site such as a bank that accepts foreigners' deposits.  Instead, arrange before leaving the home country to have the ability to send a wire overseas to one's self or one's attorney in Argentina.

The assertion that Argentina's politics don't affect foreign nationals .. doesn't pass the smell test.  The value of the peso reflects political realities .. affecting investors foreign and domestic.  Defy this principle at your own risk.

cccmedia in Bariloche, Argentina

For many years , bar some small fluctuations, the peso has gone down against the USD. It will continue to do so and you do not need to be a currency investor to know the obvious.

This has been the best year for the grape harvest. Vineyards can be bought for a song right now because of wine tax.   Whilst resale to foreign nationals, UAE,  USA  is very profitable.  You can buy land in Mendoza for 50  USD per Hector. Thats one hell of a resale profit.  The only problem is  water and or water rights.   Ben sounds like an intelligent man and I am sure he can find out the whys and wherefores himself.

The Political situation does not effect Foreigners POLITICALLY.