Hey, new expat in Argentina

Hey I am a Canadian now living in Argentina. Not sure how long yet. I have been a teacher for 12 years, but am taking a break. Working on some websites for now, but I would take a job in an international school if it were to come up. Most teaching jobs here don't earn very much though. Love food and spice, but it is hard to find anything spicy in Argentina. The beef is incredible though! If you like steaks, you need to eat at a parilla here.

Hi TWL!

Thanks for sharing! I hope you will share some other interesting experiences on the forum ;)

Regards
Armand

Welcome to Buenos Aires and to Expat-Blog.

So glad I found this world famous EXPAT RADIO SHOW (and podcast) for your IPOD or mp3 player, FREE!

All you Expats and Expat wanabees must download or stream  this expertly done free podcast “The Expat Files, Living in Latin America – with John Mueller” on  www.progressiveradionetwork.com   He tells what its ‘REALLY' like for Expats  living in Latin America,  and doesn't sugar coat anything.  It is just superb and its free!  Just go to www.progressiveradionetwork.com and click on ARCHIVES and no need to sign up or anything and just download over 60 of his terrific shows. 
And all shows are archived at the PRN website. Enjoy!
Lindsey Coates

Hi Lindsey,

don't you think you're kind of off topic ?:whistle:

Welcome! 

There is a great Vietnamese Restaurant in Palermo - Green Bamboo and they have a few spicy dishes if that suits your fancy; the food is some Chinese, Japanese and Vietnamese and very good OR if you like Chicken Wings the Hard Rock has Heavy Metal wings that are spicy as well.

Other then that, being a fan of spicy food you just have to make your own :)  Go to China town and buy some Sriracha sauce and your off to a good start! 

Hope this helps!!

Casa Bar in Recoleta has much better hot wings and is more unique than going to some franchise you could visit at home.  1150 Rodriguez Pena, Recoleta(Between Santa Fe and Arenales).

There are a few Thai restaurants that offer great spicy food, some Indian restaurants and the Peruvian restaurants are personal favorites (be sure to ask for the salsa picante).