What's changing in China with the COVID-19 crisis

Hello everyone,

I hope you're doing well.

As the Editorial Team of Expat.com, our aim is to provide you with fresh and up-to-date information about the COVID-19 crisis in your host country. You might be expecting a lot of changes following the crisis, especially in terms of entry and visa requirements, work, buying property, education, etc.

Whether you're looking to relocate to China after the crisis or you have already settled in, here's what you need to know:

Post-COVID-19 changes in China 

Hoping this helps. Also, feel free to write to me should you have any useful information that we could add.

Many thanks in advance.

Warm regards,
Veedushi
Editorial Assistant, Expat.com

Helli, nice to.meet you, welcome to china! :D

On the 15th October, I am flying to Guangzhou with my Very Poorly Companion Mao Mei, using a specially granted Medical Visa

I have some questions

Has any member been through the GZ quarantine process

We will have to Quarantine,
1. What is the process at the airport
2. How long does it take

3. Is there a list of hotels so that we can see where they are
4. Can we choose a hotel
5. Can we choose the bus to take us to our preferred hotel
6. What are the feeding arrangements - can we order in food from local restaurants

I think that is enough questions for the moment

AdamLouise

Warm regards,
Veedushi
Editorial Assistant, Expat.com

Good Morning Veedushi

Thank you for your warm welcome and the link to the changes

I was hoping that someone in the Forum would have had experience of the Covid arrivals procedure  at the airport, how the hotels are allocated and the 14 days quarantine experience in GZ - regrettably I have not received any information

Does anyone on the editorial team have any friends/contacts who could answer my various questions shown in my first post below

Greetings from a very wet London

AdamLouise

I dont have experience  GZ but I do have (or let us say I am right now experiencing )the quarantine in Shanghai. I landed in Shanghai PVG on Saturday 26th September from Canada.
1.We will have to Quarantine: Yes , you will have to quarantine .
2. What is the process at the airport : As usual + Two more steps which are you have to go through lab for COVID19 inside Airport and Heath Declaration by Wechat (so have the wechat installed in phone to be able to scan QR Code)
3. How long does it take: 14 Days of Quarantine
4. Is there a list of hotels so that we can see where they are: No , they dont give you the choice.
5. Can we choose a hotel : No , they don't give you the choice.
6. Can we choose the bus to take us to our preferred hotel: No , they don't give you the choice.
7. What are the feeding arrangements - can we order in food from local restaurants : Yes ,you can order food from local restaurant . Your food will be delivered at the reception and seat there until authorized personal come for delivery to  room.

Hope this info could help you. Again this is in Shanghai.

Thank you for your comprehensive reply and we are prepared for a long wait in the airport whilst we go through their procedures

Life is never easy because my Chinese companion is telling me that the situation in GZ is different to that in Shanghai

So if there is anyone in Guangzhou who can shed light on the Guangzhou rules and regulations I would be very grateful

AdamLouise

Nothing changed in CHINA. its the same coronavirus  :mad: epicenter

Hello, Expat ,do provide an App ?

Thank you.  This seems to only talk about border controls and visas last August.  Do you know what the situation is now?  I am hoping to travel from the UK to China for a teaching job, but I think the borders are closed?  Any information would be very helpful.

Yes, any update?

There're no high risk palces in China right now.People can travel and move freely with masks.but as long as thesituation in UK ni still seems uncontrol, the borders between UK and China is still closed,the foreigners from other countries still need querantine 14days with total fees your own paied.

Currently, in the whole world, we can say with confidence that the most safe place is China, where we almost have had COVID-19 die out.

Jesse,
That is likely true, but it does not provide much information for potential travelers to China.

Where are you currently Irene?

Hi Hattie, I'm currently in the US.

Oh right.  When you are planning to go to China?  I'm supposed to be starting a job there on 1st August and hate the uncertainty of not knowing if I'll be allowed in.  I'm just in limbo now!

I'm reconnecting with schools after waiting a year, so it will depend. Listings for EFL teaching jobs say that they are filling positions, but not whether PU letters, much less Z-visas, are being issued, or other requirements. Will being vaccinated be acceptable?

Just trying to see if it is even possible right now.

All the info you need to travel to China or anywhere else can be found at this link.
https://us.trip.com/travel-restrictions … 454_1160_1

Thank you tiorocky! Really helpful site!

Hi tío
Got a question, do you happen to know how I can put English teacher videos on WeChat or other sites like YouTube but in China?  I'm a teacher in Monterey, CA
and looking to also find someone to collaborate with in finding students - and hoping we can all profit by it. I have other teachers and tutors that want to teach online.
Víctor García

Hi guys! How about couples doing quarantine? Do they separate couples or they can stay together?

And I would love to know more information about Guangzhou quarantine process as well

Last year, I came back to China from the U.S..
Back then, the officer allowed me to choose if stay with my wife during the quarantine. It was at Xiamen Airport.
I'm not quite sure about the policy now but I guess it stays the same.

The COVID 19 has been quite a influence to us, a Chinese school based in Shanghai and Beijing, when it started in Jan 2020, there was challenge, as the schools were not allowed to opened, so we would have to switch into online classes, and facing the refund request from the students who planned to travel to China during the spring or summer 2020, so at that time was quite difficult for the school. however the school made it thanks to all the efforts of the colleagues. At the mean time our school also developed a  in house online study app (it was also because there were not so busy last summer, since the summer camp kids cannot travel to China), so we had time to do this app.
But we do hope the situation will over soon. It is not easy for everyone

everything will be ok soon, anybody still confused or have a problem?