Anti-depressants in China

Hey everyone,

So I'm planning on moving to either Dalian or Chongqing in late August. I've been searching the web and haven't found anything helpful and decided to post on here to see if I could get some answers. I currently take Zoloft and trazodone for my anti-depressants and wanted to know how the accessibility is in China in regards to getting the prescription. Would it be better to just stock up on a year's supply or would it be smarter to stock up for half a year and then venture to a bigger city like Beijing or Shanghai when I'm free for a few days to get the prescription filled there? What would be the best plan of action for myself? Any advise would be wonderful!  :)

Zoloft is available everywhere in China.  So is Trazodone.   You can go to any Chinese hospital for prescription.  盐酸舍曲林片 50mg×14片 about RMB 100.

Hi, it is not difficult to get this kind of medications in hospitals in China.

However, I strongly recommand that you go to the stated-owned hospitals in China as they are more guaranteed in terms of the services and quality than private-owned ones.

Only thing that you need to do is you need a professional translator because there is almost no doctor who can speak English.

Lunasqueak1, were you able to get your Zoloft? I also got to China in late August and will need to find a source for Zoloft over the next month or so? Did you need a prescription? How much was it per pill (50mg)?

Thanks,

James

Good golly people.

1. In China you do not need a prescription for medicine unless it is on the heavily restricted schedule. So, outside of serious drugs like marijuana, and cocaine, you an get just about anything over the counter in China.

2. You write the name of the drug on a piece of paper. hand that paper to the gal in the pharmacy. She will look it up on a computer, and go and get you drugs that best match your name.

3. Typically there will be a foreign drug...often amazingly expensive, and a Chinese equivalent...amazingly cheap. You get to select what you want.

That is all that there is to it. I am amazed at the simplicity of just getting  medicine can become such a concern. People, only POLICE STATES regulate what people put in their bodies and try to profit from it. So do not worry about China. They are not in the pocket of "Big Pharma".

Again. You go to a pharmacy and tell them what you want.

They give it to you.

You pay and leave.