What's changing in Mexico after the COVID-19 crisis

Hello everyone,

I hope you're doing well.

As the Editorial Team of Expat.com, our aim is to provide you with fresh and up-to-date information about the COVID-19 crisis in your host country. You might be expecting a lot of changes following the crisis, especially in terms of entry and visa requirements, work, buying property, education, etc.

Whether you're looking to relocate to Mexico after the crisis or you have already settled in, here's what you need to know:

Post-COVID-19 changes in Mexico

Hoping this helps. Also, feel free to write to me should you have any useful information that we could add.

Many thanks in advance.

Warm regards,
Veedushi
Editorial Assistant, Expat.com

I was just about to move to Mexico when this pandemic hit.  The panic generated from this thing will kill far more people than the virus ever could.  It's just crazy.

I live in Nuevo Vallarta, and business is slow back bars restaurants are open.
People are back to work, this so called out brake seem to worry rie the meddle class to top end, maybe it's because they watch social media more then the lower class.

I can say with what I am hearing from friends around the world there a pattern happening.

I am glad to be located here in Mexico much more relaxed here in the state of nayarit.

Stay united stay strong we will regain are freedom back.

Have a beautiful day

Mexican tradition to kiss in the cheek and hug for a long time upon meeting friends and family doesn't help stopping the spread of this sticky virus. Open air spaces and less physical contact with numerous peoplewill keep us safe. As on a highway, keep your distance !

Hello, tnis is Lorenzo from Italy, lucky you, man living in Nuevo Vaillarta!
After a few more months of this crap we can surely say there is a pattern here. The media called it 'great reset', but I prefer the more honest 'world population reduction'.
Could you please write something to make an update regarding the situation in Mexico?  How about masks? Manatory? Used outside? Sanctions? Media pressing on the emergency and the vaccine campaign as the only solution?
Planning to move away from Europe, maybe to central America, and any indication is vey welcome. Thank you.

Each state in Mexico has some independence on how they respond the situation. Some states have very authoritarian governors; others not so much.  Also enforcement is mixed. 

My dentist in San Miguel, Guanajuato told me that the "authorities" told him that he and his staff had to get tested every 15 days which was prohibitively expensive, or get vaccinated or he would be shut down. So I think they are using enforcement on businesses as the main lever in Mexico.

Basically I think you have to investigate whichever state you wish to visit.  Find blogs, news and newsgroups in the state.