Fake Blue Card? Police has seized my scooter!

Hi All

is there a cure for [i]stupidity[i]? Yours truly would be first in line to apply.
---
A medical emergency made me go to hospital at around midnight. With only 10 k cash in my pocket, I dreaded the official parking and chose a big tree on the other side of the road instead. ** ICU, coma, financial pain. (Double pricing for foreigners and them being condemned to stay in those expensive rooms...

I have lost that fake Blue Card. It's a DAELIM, sold to me as a HONDA.

Q1: Have you had this issue? Q2: is there a way to get a replacement Blue Card? Q3: How much... (bribe) /  proof of purchase with payment by PayPal to an Australian teacher returning home.

- Bent frame (wobbly)
- cracked fairing following getting mowed down, the mini truck fleeing the scene of the accident. Long story short, I might have trouble selling it for more than 1,200.000 d, despite me having replaced tyres and both brakes pads last month. TOYO tyres, made in Japan.

This is uncharted territory. But I desperately need my bike back!

To ask the "legality" of them grabbing a bike on the street is an exercise in futility, isn't it?

KruChris wrote:

is there a cure for [i]stupidity[i]?

No.

KruChris wrote:

To ask the "legality" of them grabbing a bike on the street is an exercise in futility, isn't it?

Yes.

KruChris wrote:

Hi All

is there a cure for [i]stupidity[i]? Yours truly would be first in line to apply.
---
A medical emergency made me go to hospital at around midnight. With only 10 k cash in my pocket, I dreaded the official parking and chose a big tree on the other side of the road instead. ** ICU, coma, financial pain. (Double pricing for foreigners and them being condemned to stay in those expensive rooms...

I have lost that fake Blue Card. It's a DAELIM, sold to me as a HONDA.

Q1: Have you had this issue? Q2: is there a way to get a replacement Blue Card? Q3: How much... (bribe) /  proof of purchase with payment by PayPal to an Australian teacher returning home.

- Bent frame (wobbly)
- cracked fairing following getting mowed down, the mini truck fleeing the scene of the accident. Long story short, I might have trouble selling it for more than 1,200.000 d, despite me having replaced tyres and both brakes pads last month. TOYO tyres, made in Japan.

This is uncharted territory. But I desperately need my bike back!

Don't worry to much. Just write it off. It's more likely beeing impounded for being not even being roadworthy (at Vietnamese standards).
Get another one. Prices are cheap and falling, as long the Covid histeria lasts.

Side note: Getting in to park a bike is always free in any hospital and free out can be also, when you go with a doctor (V175), they can and will sort that.

Well, I've had both brake pads and the tyres replaced. chose TOYO from Japan.

https://ibb.co/ThPDW92https://ibb.co/7RpG0Fh

Talk the talk: some connected friend, the boss as powerful & influential rainmaker. UHU. They are laughing about the foreigners. Ripping them off is one of the perks they get?!?

No one ever challenges them or holds them accountable, is that it?

Update

After more than a month, I managed to get the scooter back at the total cost of 900 k. 200 k of that was for re-keying. The missing Blue Card was no issue either.

20 miles later, I changed the oil - and the engine was basically dry.

I  tried to get the piston looked at, with a dream of "replacing the piston rings", especially the lowest one. It was a nightmare, with a ton of issues. Bad camshaft, bad bearings and both, piston and valves coated ewith a crust of deposits!

I asked the mechanic to "junk" the bike and give me the rims with new Japanese made tyres and the brakes.

PM on FB Messenger, with Google Translate.

Q: What was his response? Of course, he went ahead, spending 3 x the bike's FMV (when it was operational) on extensive engine repairs, of course! AARRGGHH. ** Let the stupid foreigner pay, he can afford it...

The same mechanic sold me a SYM Attila, swearing that it would come with a genuine local Blue Card.

I paid the asked for 3 million (not dreaming for getting the old junk scooter repaired). Then I hounded the mechanic, wanting the idle speed corrected and to collect the Blue Card.

Oh, ahh - now, 2 different stories transpired. #1, the seller is out of town and #2, the mechanic "mislaid" the ownership document.

N7 = Sam Son, not Thanh Hoa City. A friend who speaks Vietnamese as a foreigner, told me that for 450 k, one can get a replacement card?

The guy gave me th eold valves, the piston and the camshaft. The engine does sound better, but he also messed up the carburettor setting in inexcusable ways. (To be fair, I believe that mechanics do this, to please their idiot customers. Who olso treat thjeir bikes with gearboxes like automatics).

For those with a potentially multi million repair job, bring a "lawyer" and make sure, the shop confirms exactly what work you authorise!!