Transfer of ownership for motorbike

I'm planning on buying a used motorbike and was wondering if anyone knew the process and what documents need to be filled out in order to transfer the ownership? I plan on using my Vietnamese friend's name for the new owner.

The seller and buyer need to go to the local government office and fill out the necessary paperwork. Its a fairly easy paperwork.

Did you check that the name on the blue card and sellers ID are the same?

Thanks for your response but which government office? The transportation office?

I'm still negotiating with the seller but he l said that his name is not on the Blue card but his friend's name is and he will be there for the sale.

Ren1818 wrote:

Thanks for your response but which government office? The transportation office?

The Traffic Police Department (Phòng Cảnh sát Giao Thông Công An).  According to the Internet, as you live in Binh Duong, you would go to 3 Yersin, Ward Hiệp Thành, Thủ Dầu Một.  If that's not the correct office, try 681 Cách Mạng Tháng Tám, Ward Chánh Nghĩa, Thủ Dầu Một.

Ren1818 wrote:

I'm still negotiating with the seller but he l said that his name is not on the Blue card but his friend's name is and he will be there for the sale.

Make sure his friend is there or you could have problems.

We went to a local phòng công chứng to do the paperwork.

Thank you sooo much! Ok now I know where to go in my area, I'll actually most likely be buying from someone in HCMC, since there are way more sellers there compared to here. Will have to find the right office out there but info will definitely get me going in the right direction. One seller was saying that I could pay his friend 2M for doing this service for me but I knew that there was a much cheaper way as long as I could do it myself. Thank you again.

Thank you so much! I really love this forum! Everyone here is super helpful. Thanks again everyone. I'm totally fearing buying used cause I had one bad experience, don't want any problems again. That's actually why I bought a new Honda scooter and why I'm still debating on whether I should just buy a new motorcycle instead of getting a used one.

I would buy new unless I know the owner and the bike very well.

Thanks for the input, I'm leaning more towards new everyday. Less headaches and stress to worry about is always a good thing. Thanks again everyone.