E-401 Document

Hello friends, I have been looking for where I can make the E-401 document, can someone please help me on that?

Thank you very much :)

gaby4005 wrote:

Hello friends, I have been looking for where I can make the E-401 document, can someone please help me on that?

What is it for?

Its a kind of official document to show family reunion, it states how many people live in a household

All forms for family reunification should be listed here:

http://www.bmbah.hu/index.php?option=co … p;lang=en#

But... This page is not always up to date. If an official from a Hungarian office says you need a specific form, they should provide you the form or where to download it. Only trust official Hungarian Immigration sources regarding what forms you need. Not third party sources.

SimCityAT wrote:
gaby4005 wrote:

What is it for?

Looks like it's an inter-EU form for  "E401 - Certificate concerning composition of a family for the purpose of the granting of family benefits"

This is probably more likely found at the HU Social Security or HU Tax Office.  Just a guess.

fluffy2560 wrote:
SimCityAT wrote:
gaby4005 wrote:

What is it for?

Looks like it's an inter-EU form for  "E401 - Certificate concerning composition of a family for the purpose of the granting of family benefits"

This is probably more likely found at the HU Social Security or HU Tax Office.  Just a guess.

There is a form you can download but its in English I found.

There is one on the treasury's site: https://cst.tcs.allamkincstar.gov.hu/ny … A1hoz.html

atomheart wrote:

There is one on the treasury's site: https://cst.tcs.allamkincstar.gov.hu/ny … A1hoz.html

Strange place to put it.

I think I might have seen this kind of thing before but it was so complicated and in Hungary, the administration so difficult,  I just  stopped and gave up.  Might be worth it now.

fluffy2560 wrote:
atomheart wrote:

Strange place to put it.

I think I might have seen this kind of thing before but it was so complicated and in Hungary, the administration so difficult,  I just  stopped and gave up.  Might be worth it now.

As per my understanding, this is for requesting allowances for families, which is handled by the treasury.

atomheart wrote:
fluffy2560 wrote:
atomheart wrote:

Strange place to put it.

As per my understanding, this is for requesting allowances for families, which is handled by the treasury.

Yes, I can see that but  why not handle it through the Social Security department?

It seems to be  part of inter-country EU treaty Social Security rights rather than Treasury.

Odd arrangement organisationally.

fluffy2560 wrote:
atomheart wrote:
fluffy2560 wrote:

Strange place to put it.

Yes, I can see that but  why not handle it through the Social Security department?

It seems to be  part of inter-country EU treaty Social Security rights rather than Treasury.

There isn't one "social security" department in .hu...

atomheart wrote:
fluffy2560 wrote:
atomheart wrote:

There isn't one "social security" department in .hu...

What's that place near Arpad Hid and the Budapest Police HQ? 

I thought that place was the SS department.

I'd have thought benefits would be means tested and therefore either SSA or Revenue as they would hold proof of income.

fluffy2560 wrote:

OEP, or NEK, apparently they've renamed it, they deal with healthcare only to my understanding.

fluffy2560 wrote:

Ah.

So not a document to get residence in Hungary via family reunification. A document to get government support money.... :)

klsallee wrote:
fluffy2560 wrote:

Ah.

So not a document to get residence in Hungary via family reunification. A document to get government support money.... :)

Yes.  I think the term is equalisation between social benefits in one country and another, i.e. if someone works here but the family is in some other country, then social benefits can still be claimed locally for the kids elsewhere.   It's an EU thing. 

The name E401 follows on from a bunch of social benefits forms inter-EU.  The one perhaps most familiar to those involved is the E111 for healthcare in another member state but is now referred to as EHIC.

atomheart wrote:
fluffy2560 wrote:

OEP, or NEK, apparently they've renamed it, they deal with healthcare only to my understanding.

Yes, I looked at it on Google Maps.  I can see they put it under Treasury.  Not a natural fit to me but then again, what's in a name anyway.   Might have something to do with the takeover of the pension funds and therefore "money management" which Treasury would handle.  Previously they were self-governments if I remember correctly.

fluffy2560 wrote:

Yes.  I think the term is equalisation between social benefits in one country and another, i.e. if someone works here but the family is in some other country, then social benefits can still be claimed locally for the kids elsewhere.   It's an EU thing. 

The name E401 follows on from a bunch of social benefits forms inter-EU.  The one perhaps most familiar to those involved is the E111 for healthcare in another member state but is now referred to as EHIC.

Pity it took work by Expat.com Experts and others here to ferret that out. What a pity the OP could not state this in the original post and confound the issue my mentioning family reunification. Much time and energy could have been saved....

Alright, thx I will look over there too

klsallee wrote:
fluffy2560 wrote:

Pity it took work by Expat.com Experts and others here to ferret that out. What a pity the OP could not state this in the original post and confound the issue my mentioning family reunification. Much time and energy could have been saved....

I think it's really obscure and less than transparent.  But it also depends on the value.  In the UK, the benefits are (or were) significant but elsewhere, maybe not so much.