Moving company to the Philippines

Are there any good and cheap shipping/moving companies from Europe/Hungary to the Philippines? I have about a room full of goods. Or is it better to sell my stuff and buy again in the Philippines?

Buy it here in the Philippines

Brownder wrote:

Are there any good and cheap shipping/moving companies from Europe/Hungary to the Philippines? I have about a room full of goods. Or is it better to sell my stuff and buy again in the Philippines?

Hi and welcome to the forum, enjoy.
Good and cheap? Bit of a clash with words, you get what you pay for. It really depends on what you want to send, it's value to you and real, can it be easily replaced in PH etc. We spent 8K Aussie 20 ft shipping container and a quarter of it is still in boxes after more than a year but realistically most of what we sent is not easy to come by here or if available more expensive than new value in Australia and we already owned the goods, artworks, family heirlooms quality furniture, tools and equipment etc. We have sent a further 3 Balakbayan boxes to top up on things unavailable here.

Perhaps introduce yourself "new members" so others get an idea of what you are looking for. ie, have you been to the Philippines before, retiring, partner, etc.
Good luck and ask away.

Cheers, Steve.

bigpearl wrote:
Brownder wrote:

Hi and welcome to the forum, enjoy.
Good and cheap? Bit of a clash with words, you get what you pay for. It really depends on what you want to send, it's value to you and real, can it be easily replaced in PH etc. We spent 8K Aussie 20 ft shipping container and a quarter of it is still in boxes after more than a year but realistically most of what we sent is not easy to come by here or if available more expensive than new value in Australia and we already owned the goods, artworks, family heirlooms quality furniture, tools and equipment etc. We have sent a further 3 Balakbayan boxes to top up on things unavailable here.

Perhaps introduce yourself "new members" so others get an idea of what you are looking for. ie, have you been to the Philippines before, retiring, partner, etc.
Good luck and ask away.

Cheers, Steve.

The main thing I wouldn't want to buy again are my home studio gear: electric guitar, studio monitor, computer monitor, midi keyboard, and perhaps some important items like water filter. I checked couriers are very expensive. What is a Balakbayan box? I think I could pack it up in 4-5 larger boxes.

I just want to restart my life and I have some potential girls I'm talking to.

Brownder wrote:

That could well prove to be a bad start. Wait until you get there, then meet ladies naturally.
The internet is heaving with prostitutes and grabbers ... and men that believe their stories.

Fred wrote:
Brownder wrote:

That could well prove to be a bad start. Wait until you get there, then meet ladies naturally.
The internet is heaving with prostitutes and grabbers ... and men that believe their stories.

I have a Philippino friend who I trust who helps me separate wheat from the chaff.

How are you restarting your life?  How will you support yourself?  You cannot own land here, no future in being a wheat farmer.  Unless you are independently wealthy or have an established online income it may be difficult to get started.  Have you ever been to the Philippines?  You probably will have many more questions for us even after reading other threads on here.  Good luck.

Okieboy wrote:

Buy it here in the Philippines

Yup...agreed!

Please come visit the Philippines if you have not done so before. Especially before selling/moving your things. The culture, standard of living and lifestyle are completely different than Europe or other western countries. Some good, some bad, some just exhaustingly annoying..

Moderated by Priscilla 3 years ago
Reason : inappropriate and offensive comment

Some great posts here from the well initiated and I would suggest you take heed and not let the wrong head control your decisions.
Research and don't stop, visit here and taste the flavours as well as the dirt, leave your possessions behind for now.
I had a look see and it's not much cheaper to live in PH compared to Hungary.

https://www.numbeo.com/cost-of-living/c … hilippines

Do your homework before making a decision, especially something rash. If you have no financial backing,,,,,,, seems that way as you have complained about the expense of shipping, remember also that you are coming from a very cold climate to what can be an oppressive tropical existence. Myself coming from a semi/sub tropical climate in Queensland Australia find the humidity here uncomfortable and we are absolute beachfront and run A/C about 15 hours a day. 4 AM here sees a cool 26C.
Good luck with your research.

Cheers, Steve.

Another thought, though Hungary appears to have C-19 under control figures here indicate a scary scenario, especially the bigger cities. You need to research this as well as monitor border controls/quarantine requirements and costs to isolate. I have a flight back to Oz in mid August that I booked in late February, arrived 14th of March and had to flee Manila to our house 6 hours north so we were not stuck there paying for a hotel. I very much doubt my August flight will happen so consider also if you manage to arrive here you may not be able to leave if things "second wave" get worse. Have you checked flights and availability? Good luck.
OMO.

Cheers, Steve.

Brownder wrote:
Fred wrote:
Brownder wrote:

I have a Philippino friend who I trust who helps me separate wheat from the chaff.

Perhaps I could suggest reading posts here and the Vietnam section that cover expat men with local girls, especially internet love.
Lots of tears, often more than the number of Dollars left in their bank accounts.

We all like the dance of the bouncing buttocks, but a little savvy is good first.

pnwcyclist wrote:

Please come visit the Philippines if you have not done so before. Especially before selling/moving your things. The culture, standard of living and lifestyle are completely different than Europe or other western countries. Some good, some bad, some just exhaustingly annoying..

Yeah, I would want to test the waters of course. What's annoying? What's bad?

W9XR wrote:
Brownder wrote:

When you get here Immigration will ask for your clearance from your Psychiatrist.

Save thousands & hearbreak, buy your Pu--sy  in Budapest. Trip Advisor says Budapest is a massive red light district.

Enzyte Bob

My friend found his Philippino wife online as well, not sure why I deserve to be labeled as a psycho.

bigpearl wrote:

Some great posts here from the well initiated and I would suggest you take heed and not let the wrong head control your decisions.
Research and don't stop, visit here and taste the flavours as well as the dirt, leave your possessions behind for now.
I had a look see and it's not much cheaper to live in PH compared to Hungary.

https://www.numbeo.com/cost-of-living/c … hilippines

Do your homework before making a decision, especially something rash. If you have no financial backing,,,,,,, seems that way as you have complained about the expense of shipping, remember also that you are coming from a very cold climate to what can be an oppressive tropical existence. Myself coming from a semi/sub tropical climate in Queensland Australia find the humidity here uncomfortable and we are absolute beachfront and run A/C about 15 hours a day. 4 AM here sees a cool 26C.
Good luck with your research.

Cheers, Steve.

- Price of shipping compared to what my goods are worth. Not worth spending 3K USD on 3K worth of goods.
- I wouldn't be moving to the Philippines because it's cheaper. Actually one thing is the climate as you mentioned I hate cold. I can't stand winter. I want to move to a warm climate.

bigpearl wrote:

Another thought, though Hungary appears to have C-19 under control figures here indicate a scary scenario, especially the bigger cities. You need to research this as well as monitor border controls/quarantine requirements and costs to isolate. I have a flight back to Oz in mid August that I booked in late February, arrived 14th of March and had to flee Manila to our house 6 hours north so we were not stuck there paying for a hotel. I very much doubt my August flight will happen so consider also if you manage to arrive here you may not be able to leave if things "second wave" get worse. Have you checked flights and availability? Good luck.
OMO.

Cheers, Steve.

Yes, that's why I don't think I'll be able to just go there and test because of the second wave psyop.

Fred wrote:
Brownder wrote:
Fred wrote:

Perhaps I could suggest reading posts here and the Vietnam section that cover expat men with local girls, especially internet love.
Lots of tears, often more than the number of Dollars left in their bank accounts.

We all like the dance of the bouncing buttocks, but a little savvy is good first.

My friend found his wife from the Philippines online. I'm sending any money to any girls. Ever. My bank account will stay intact. Talking to the Philippino wife as well and she screens the girls for me.

Of the major Philippines locations to choose amongst to live the for sure advice is that Davao is not the pick of the litter. Truly, not wise to live where the autocratic power of Duterte, brute police force and dictator politics harshly rules daily life.

Brownder wrote:

My friend found his wife from the Philippines online. I'm sending any money to any girls. Ever. My bank account will stay intact. Talking to the Philippino wife as well and she screens the girls for me.

That is a help, but you have not mentioned how you intend to support yourself,  obviously a big factor in your move.  From where in the Philippines is the friend's wife?  Has she no family or friends who might be interested?
              You asked before what is bad or annoying in the Philippines.   They have no sense of time.  On a daily basis things happen when they happen, quoting times is usually a waste of time.  Many things here seem to be at the whim of whomever you are talking to, be it merchant, banker, government etc.  You need a lot of patience, consider it a successful day if you get anything done.  COVID 19 has only magnified these unknowns.  Went to a dinner today with 52 family members, sign on the restaurant said no one under 21 or over 60 allowed in.  Most were under 21 or over 60.  Sign said no masks, no service.  The kids wore no masks, everyone else wore masks, took them off as soon as they sat down at tables with 8 or ten seats, it was crowding in family style eating as usual.  One nephew, wife and kids could not attend because they would have had to cross a provincial border, family meal is not essential travel.

mlkjr wrote:

Of the major Philippines locations to choose amongst to live the for sure advice is that Davao is not the pick of the litter. Truly, not wise to live where the autocratic power of Duterte, brute police force and dictator politics harshly rules daily life.

I'd not want to live in any major city but in the Province. But I thought Manilla is worse? Is Davao that bad?

mugtech wrote:

That is a help, but you have not mentioned how you intend to support yourself,  obviously a big factor in your move.

I have an online business. I can work from anywhere with an internet connection and a computer.

mugtech wrote:

From where in the Philippines is the friend's wife?

Cebu city

mugtech wrote:

Has she no family or friends who might be interested?

Interested in what?

mugtech wrote:

You asked before what is bad or annoying in the Philippines.   They have no sense of time.  On a daily basis things happen when they happen, quoting times is usually a waste of time.  Many things here seem to be at the whim of whomever you are talking to, be it merchant, banker, government etc.  You need a lot of patience, consider it a successful day if you get anything done.  COVID 19 has only magnified these unknowns.  Went to a dinner today with 52 family members, sign on the restaurant said no one under 21 or over 60 allowed in.  Most were under 21 or over 60.  Sign said no masks, no service.  The kids wore no masks, everyone else wore masks, took them off as soon as they sat down at tables with 8 or ten seats, it was crowding in family style eating as usual.  One nephew, wife and kids could not attend because they would have had to cross a provincial border, family meal is not essential travel.

Sounds similar to what I heard regarding Mexico about time. Perhaps it's even worse in the Philippines by the sound of it. So basically you never know who is in charge and what will happen and when :)

Brownder wrote:
mugtech wrote:

That is a help, but you have not mentioned how you intend to support yourself,  obviously a big factor in your move.

I have an online business. I can work from anywhere with an internet connection and a computer.

mugtech wrote:

Cebu city

mugtech wrote:

Interested in what?

mugtech wrote:

Sounds similar to what I heard regarding Mexico about time. Perhaps it's even worse in the Philippines by the sound of it. So basically you never know who is in charge and what will happen and when :)

Internet reliability will greatly decrease the amount of choices you will have for places to live.  Unfortunately the best connections are in or right next to the biggest cities. 
Often the best way to find friends etc is through friends, family, churches.
You need to find out what is available and then see it for yourself, boots on the ground.  Perhaps there are people on here who could tell you the best places to check out concerning online business.
The whole mañana thing is true all over South and Central America, no better or no worse in the Philippines. I would not say you never know who is in charge or what will happen next, but you need to get over that things will happen like they do in the USA or Europe.  Things get done, but you need to be patient and flexable.

Once you've  managed to get a flight into the Philippines (as a tourist) just come in with a sufficient load of cash. (Disposable income/savings) / Presume you have a back up plan if things don't work out here.)
Carry on with your on-line business.
The rest can be worked out...a lot of the stuff you've mentioned can be purchased new or used here (home studio gear, electric guitar, studio monitor, computer monitor, midi keyboard, water filter...etc) you may be lucky as many fire sales going on right now due to economic stagnation / massive job loss / loss of income by locals. (Check out the facebook local marketplace section for a list of items)
Be patient....relationships can be made once you are here...but be warned of going through any internet relationships unless you know this person very well (many scammers/working with big families in tow) ....even otherwise be prepared to walk away with nothing in the end of your stay here.
Omo
Cheers

Brownder wrote:
W9XR wrote:
Brownder wrote:

When you get here Immigration will ask for your clearance from your Psychiatrist.

Save thousands & hearbreak, buy your Pu--sy  in Budapest. Trip Advisor says Budapest is a massive red light district.

Enzyte Bob

My friend found his Philippino wife online as well, not sure why I deserve to be labeled as a psycho.

Who said anything about being labeled a psycho? It seems far too many people try to find a mate on Philippine Cupid or some similar web site and get in over their head.

If you go through the archives of this forum you will find many who preceded you with  idealistic beliefs about starting over, finding their love of their life who ended up disappointed and their dreams derailed.

I was watching several on you tube who didn't fare well. The latest one had a fellow cashing in his 401K to come to the Philippines to meet his online love. Another one had spent 40,00 USD.

If you are looking for a young woman who will be your lover, sex toy, maid and submissive  you are in the wrong place. Many come to the Philippines with that in mind, so think about the motives of why a young woman would be interested unless she looking for a ticket to improve her and her family's welfare.

I think you would be better off delving into the idea of going to Spain, it's closer to home for you and there will be no culture shock.

Enzyte Bob

I keep hearing the word HEAD in many of the replies....In other words....the other head can take over all decision making (except for the *financial one!).
Just saying!

mugtech wrote:
Brownder wrote:
mugtech wrote:

mugtech wrote:

Cebu city

mugtech wrote:

Interested in what?

mugtech wrote:

Internet reliability will greatly decrease the amount of choices you will have for places to live.  Unfortunately the best connections are in or right next to the biggest cities. 
Often the best way to find friends etc is through friends, family, churches.
You need to find out what is available and then see it for yourself, boots on the ground.  Perhaps there are people on here who could tell you the best places to check out concerning online business.
The whole mañana thing is true all over South and Central America, no better or no worse in the Philippines. I would not say you never know who is in charge or what will happen next, but you need to get over that things will happen like they do in the USA or Europe.  Things get done, but you need to be patient and flexable.

I see, yeah I'll find out about internet connectivity and circle of friends.

W9XR wrote:

Who said anything about being labeled a psycho?

You did "When you get here Immigration will ask for your clearance from your Psychiatrist."

W9XR wrote:

It seems far too many people try to find a mate on Philippine Cupid or some similar web site and get in over their head.

If you go through the archives of this forum you will find many who preceded you with  idealistic beliefs about starting over, finding their love of their life who ended up disappointed and their dreams derailed.

I was watching several on you tube who didn't fare well. The latest one had a fellow cashing in his 401K to come to the Philippines to meet his online love. Another one had spent 40,00 USD.

I'm not falling in love with a woman on the internet. I'm not spending money on anyone I haven't met.

W9XR wrote:

If you are looking for a young woman who will be your lover, sex toy, maid and submissive  you are in the wrong place. Many come to the Philippines with that in mind, so think about the motives of why a young woman would be interested unless she looking for a ticket to improve her and her family's welfare.

I'm looking for a partner and so far Philippinos seem to be more submissive and less westernized than those in Europe, including Hungary.

W9XR wrote:

I think you would be better off delving into the idea of going to Spain, it's closer to home for you and there will be no culture shock.

Thanks for the tip, but I think I want to avoid Europe altogether.

manwonder wrote:

Once you've  managed to get a flight into the Philippines (as a tourist) just come in with a sufficient load of cash. (Disposable income/savings) / Presume you have a back up plan if things don't work out here.)
Carry on with your on-line business.
The rest can be worked out...a lot of the stuff you've mentioned can be purchased new or used here (home studio gear, electric guitar, studio monitor, computer monitor, midi keyboard, water filter...etc) you may be lucky as many fire sales going on right now due to economic stagnation / massive job loss / loss of income by locals. (Check out the facebook local marketplace section for a list of items)
Be patient....relationships can be made once you are here...but be warned of going through any internet relationships unless you know this person very well (many scammers/working with big families in tow) ....even otherwise be prepared to walk away with nothing in the end of your stay here.
Omo
Cheers

Yeah, I figure it's probably better just sell my stuff and buy them again. That's all I wanted to figure out. I'm not having any relationships online, just talking to girls, that's all. Not paying any money to any of them, and won't.

So how do the scammers work, please? Am I missing something?

manwonder wrote:

I keep hearing the word HEAD in many of the replies....In other words....the other head can take over all decision making (except for the *financial one!).
Just saying!

All I said in my initial reply is that I'm talking to girls. That doesn't mean I'm driven by online love :) I don't believe in online love. And won't send money to anyone. I guess that should be enough to be safe, wouldn't it?

Brownder wrote:
manwonder wrote:

Just saying!

All I said in my initial reply is that I'm talking to girls. That doesn't mean I'm driven by online love :) I don't believe in online love. And won't send money to anyone. I guess that should be enough to be safe, wouldn't it?

Great!!
Welcome to the Philippines.

:D

Brownder wrote:

I'm looking for a partner and so far Philippinos seem to be more submissive and less westernized than those in Europe, including Hungary.

Seeing that line always makes me laugh, then vomit.

Laugh because the books of Isaiah and Jeremiah both mention the phrase, "Lamb to the slaughter", but metaphorically puke into an equally metaphorical toilet (if I metaphorically make it to the bog) because of all the implications 'submissive' has.

The general idea Asian ladies are far more domestic and family centred is generally true, but the silly stereotype of a submissive sex toy with an extremely cute arse that washes your socks and cooks is less than real for the most part.
What is real is the Asian gold digger - a wonderful type of lady, commonly also in possession a cute bum, but with an unusual magnetism (unusual because they attract paper money and credit cards), these ladies are hunters, and their prey is men looking for submissive women, ones with brains firmly placed in the smaller of their two heads.

Veni, vidi, vici

Or I came, I came, I got fleeced.

https://youtu.be/gACCCmFKP80

Brownder wrote:

Am I missing something?

Experience.

You'll find gold diggers/scammers/prostitutes will hunt you down, but nice ladies do not. Asia isn't like the west - the rules and norms you have in your mind simply don't apply - you'll find it's very easy to pick up women, but the easier it is, the more it's likely to cost.

Have a 'dry' month devoid of bonking but observe behaviour, maybe go to a bar or few and watch how the sharks encircle their meal.
Assuming you're bright, you get a clue pretty quickly.

Brownder wrote:

The money bit is obvious, and that dumps a lot of women.
I know two ladies that have advertised online, both very nice people who couldn't find a man they liked because their lifestyle simply didn't see them socialise much. Both were interested in a western husband because they had a stereotype of how good such men are as spouses, not because they wanted a rich guy and a visa, however, there are far more scammers and gold-diggers than nice girls.

Fred wrote:

but the silly stereotype of a submissive sex toy with an extremely cute arse that washes your socks and cooks is less than real for the most part.

Looking into the idea of submissive sex toy

Filipina's look younger than their age, many look like young teenagers. Some Expats are a  poor man wannabe of Jeffrey Epstein.

So carry this out a little further, some are assuming the notion that teeny looking filipinas' are naive as a real teeny.

Enzyte Bob

Moderated by Diksha 3 years ago
Reason : Unnecessary
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

While I see the merits and opinions unceremoniously portrayed here I certainly have to wonder what the hell it has to do with our OP's submission, his original ask with regards to shipping costs? While I'm at times guilty of wandering it seems most and many including those that attempt to moderate without a title can diverge, but on the left hand slap.
We all need to be aware of what this forum is for, not to push ones own barrows or I am mightier than thou, Stay on topic and it would have been done in 6 or 10 replies.

OMLO.

Cheers, Steve.

W9XR wrote:

Filipina's look younger than their age, many look like young teenagers. Some Expats are a  poor man wannabe of Jeffrey Epstein.

There are limits to what I find reasonable. Going to bars bonk hunting with adults is one thing as everyone knows what they're getting into.

Women hunting for and fleecing gullible men is sort of the daft man's fault for being so daft.

The Epstein sort are another story - met a couple of them in Malaysia and fancied smacking them right in the nose.  One guy we were sitting with did the honours before I got up .. and quite right too.

Wow replies moved from the male dual head topic towards the hidden dangers of the female extremely cute arse.
The poor OP was mainly asking about shipping costs & some!
I guess all the tips/warnings by the senior expats (in depth knowledge) do count towards making his final decision....& not an easy one I guess!

manwonder wrote:

Wow replies moved from the male dual head topic towards the hidden dangers of the female extremely cute arse.
The poor OP was mainly asking about shipping costs & some!
I guess all the tips/warnings by the senior expats (in depth knowledge) do count towards making his final decision....& not an easy one I guess!

Yeah, all you guys seem to talk about is how bad Philippino girls are :) so why do you still live there?
Still looking into shipping options...

bigpearl wrote:

While I see the merits and opinions unceremoniously portrayed here I certainly have to wonder what the hell it has to do with our OP's submission, his original ask with regards to shipping costs? While I'm at times guilty of wandering it seems most and many including those that attempt to moderate without a title can diverge, but on the left hand slap.
We all need to be aware of what this forum is for, not to push ones own barrows or I am mightier than thou, Stay on topic and it would have been done in 6 or 10 replies.

OMLO.

Cheers, Steve.

Bingo