Marrying in Denmark, moving to Germany?

Hello, I am from the US and my girlfriend from Germany.  We've read marrying in Denmark could be the easiest solution for us once we can get together again. 

I'm curious though, if we get married in Denmark, can I reenter Germany as a visitor or do I need to enter on a visa as a spouse/family?  If the latter, do I stay in Denmark until allowed in Germany or do I have to return to my home country?

I'm just not sure how it would work. Thank you all in advance!

An American needs no visa to enter Germany for up to 3 months in the Schengen area for tourism. If you intend to reside in Germany on the basis of being married to a German then you need to get the family reunion visa. The thing is that getting the visa takes some time and should be done from where you reside. Paperwork for getting married in Denmark might be easier than in Germany – but what then? You are freshly married but would have to wait for the visa to be processed. And the German consulate or embassy there knows nothing about you since you don't live in Denmark. Thus it would likely take longer to get the visa there than in your place of residence. Usually you would apply from the States. So this would mean going to Denmark to get married, hanging around until the visa comes through which might be months or returning to the States and applying from there… Doesn't make much sense. Not sure if they can work it out if you would marry in Denmark and then go to Germany without already having the visa… Why not just get married in the States if that's where you are at? This strategy that people go to Denmark to marry is usually done by people residing in Europe. In America, if it takes too long where people live, then they make a trip to Las Vegas, get married, return home and then apply for the visa from there.

Okay thank you for the insightful reply!  It definitely makes sense what you said and it is the problem I finally came to see myself.   I'm still thinking over it more but thank you again!