Migrating to Malta as a nurse.

Hello I work as a nurse over in the UK.
Myself and my wife have been looking at moving to Malta but really needed to clarify something.

I get that now is not the time for advertising but throug out the hole of Malta there is only 1 job for a nurse being advertised. And this pays approx 19000 euros, doing further research we saw that a police officers pay is approx 16000 euros.

When looking at house prices how would a nurse or police officer or any public sector worker be able to afford a house with 1 bedroom apartments cost approx 180 000 or more. 

Malta doesn't really seem like a viable option to migrate to due to the Extreme low wage and high house prices to buy or even rent.. seems like our dreams have been dashed..

Could anyone give me any advice....

Thanks

Welcome to the Forum, many locals have property handed down to them from their families and therefore manage on a lower wage also many who cannot manage have more then one job. 
Rental is cheaper on Gozo then Malta and we have a very good hospital here.  Good luck.

Thanks for your reply...
I guess that rules Malta out for us then 😟
Never mind I'm sure we will find a more sunnier climate somewhere .

Thank you

Mikef8619 wrote:

Thanks for your reply...
I guess that rules Malta out for us then 😟
Never mind I'm sure we will find a more sunnier climate somewhere .

Thank you

Don't think you will find many more sunnier places, have you considered Gozo?

Yes your correct I meant a more sunnier place that we could afford lol.

Well tbh we went to gozo but didn't really enjoy it. Is was a tad to quiet for us. 🙂

Mikef8619 wrote:

Yes your correct I meant a more sunnier place that we could afford lol.

Well tbh we went to gozo but didn't really enjoy it. Is was a tad to quiet for us. 🙂

Ok so I cannot sell Gozo to you but good luck in what you decide.

Your analyse is accurate. The only thing we notice nowadays is that prices for renting a house/apartment are decreasing. Still I have to admit that, due to overpopulation, to buy or rent a house is still more expensive than in the UK of in The Netherlands (I am Dutch).

Wish good luck with making your plans.

Regards, Mark

Mikef8619 wrote:

Hello I work as a nurse over in the UK.
Myself and my wife have been looking at moving to Malta but really needed to clarify something.

I get that now is not the time for advertising but throug out the hole of Malta there is only 1 job for a nurse being advertised. And this pays approx 19000 euros, doing further research we saw that a police officers pay is approx 16000 euros.

When looking at house prices how would a nurse or police officer or any public sector worker be able to afford a house with 1 bedroom apartments cost approx 180 000 or more. 

Malta doesn't really seem like a viable option to migrate to due to the Extreme low wage and high house prices to buy or even rent.. seems like our dreams have been dashed..

Could anyone give me any advice....

Thanks

Rentals are cheaper here in Gozo then in the Uk especially in the south of England.