Thinking of moving to Hammamet - Need advice - Aiuto!!

Hello all,

My name is Luigi (I am Italian) and I am thinking to move to Tunisia. I presently live in Rome  and I was  wondered if there are any English /Italian  speakers that have done this move and would like to share with me this experience. May be if you are presently in Rome  we  could meet for coffee some time.

Ciao e a presto

Salve Luigi,
Hope you are doing well on these unusual times... Hammamet is beautiful, touristic (so a bit expensive ), quite (except in summer ☺), and nice to stay for leisure or business.
I recommend also Bizerte (many Italians use to live in and visit in summer. ... not expensive, 1 hour far from Tunis  (like Hammamet ) beautiful nature and beaches. ... you need to try by yourself few weeks to decide ☺... good luck. .. benvenutto

Dears Challenger27 and other Expat,

Thank you so much for your nice reply.

Really really appreciated your effort. One thing I did not mention is  that I plan to live in Tunisia  but not during the summer months so I need a place where there are activities even during winter months. I may be wrong bit it seems to me that Hammamet has a lot to offer even during these months. Any ideas/ suggestions?

Ciao e grazie :)

Luigi

Dear Principe1,
  You are welcome ☺... Hammamet is beautiful and interesting for living in mainly in Summer. In winter it is less attractive. ... For active lifestyle in winters, better stay in Tunis  (but not in city center : crowded and stressful). many activities available. .. of course it depends on the activities you are looking for ☺...

Regards
Nabil

Dear Nabil,

Thank you so much for your nice reply and sorry for my late reply.

Indeed, I was thinking as an alternative Tunis  (and I agree that the city center can be crowded and stressful). As for the  activities, I like movie, cinemas, gym,  tennis  and of course eating :)

Unfortunately,  I do not speak Arabic but I am fluent in French  and the neighbor I liked is Le Berges du Lac. What do you think?  Open to suggestion as due to Covid, my plan to come to you beautiful country has been postponed.  Any other suggestions? 

Regards,

Luigi

Dear Nabil / other colleagues / friends ,

Forgot to mention that I like culture activities a lot..... Any suggestions? 

Regards,

Luigi

Dear Luigi,

Hope all is well.
Thanks for your reply and you are welcome any time.
Les Berges du Lac is a very good choice... far from crowd and noise. "Haut Standing " accommodations and everything is available all around  (restaurants, mall, shops, airport ...) not far from city center and touristic areas like Gammarth (hotels and swimming ), La Marsa and Sidi Bousaid...
You can find accommodation easily because there are plenty of  choices...
Of course being fluent in French helps a lot to adapt fast the "entourage" .
  The price are not as expensive as before. .. I think it's an opportunity for you ☺.
Hope you find the right place and enjoy your stay ☺.
Regards
Nabil

Dear Nabil,

Thank you so much for your  reply. 

I will definitely go again and visit both Le Berges du Lac and Hammamet so that  my plan to live in your beautiful country will materialize .   

Ciao and grazie

Best regards,

Luigi