Buying a Riad

Hi all, we have visited Morocco many times and love the lifestyle. Thinking in the future of purchasing a Riad to run as guesthouse. If anyone can recommend good website for property for sale would be great. Also any advice from foreigners that are already doing this or have done in the past would be so grateful. Thanks in advance x

Hello , welcome to moroccan community
About buying Riad in morocco there is lot of  Riads in Marrakech and Essaouirra and Fez And casablanca and agadir and tangier . Those are famous places so if you want buy go search for in this websites , www.marrakechrealty.comwww.avito.com
Facebook market place
www.mubawab.ma/enwww.sarouty.ma
and of course you need a realtir or a local person to contact the owners and help you to discover and gathering information the place of the riad in the city , and be careful about scam people .
If you have any questions expats here are friendly to help you .

Hi
I have one in tetouan, if u are interested let me know
Thx

MandB wrote:

Hi all, we have visited Morocco many times and love the lifestyle. Thinking in the future of purchasing a Riad to run as guesthouse. If anyone can recommend good website for property for sale would be great. Also any advice from foreigners that are already doing this or have done in the past would be so grateful. Thanks in advance x

Postpone your dream for a while. Wait till the situation changes. Probably will take one more year when all is stable again. Tourism will collapse so you will have not enough clients. Just wait and in the meantime look around. Not sure about prices going up or down.

Hi Jill, thanks for the reply but of course wouldn't think to move in this situation. We're thinking in a few years but really wanted advice and information on foreigners that have done the same. Are you living in Morocco?

Hello,

If you are looking in the north,
Go to Young Associates International Maroc, with office in Tangier. Use google. The owner is called Carol Young, a british expat with another branch in Bordeaux, France.

The North is currently the place where you will get the most of your bucks in the next ten years, for three reasons:
1. The TGV
2. The new port.
3. The Free Zone (reduced-tax economic zone - aimed to service investors from Europe, Asia and the USA).

Your chances to make money from your property in the north is not limited to just Tourism.

I have dealt with Young Associates in the last three years. Truly exceptional service.

Good luck!
A

if you need any help in marrakech contact me

Hi , we can give you loads of advise if you like as we bight a few properties in Marrakech
Let me know
We also have a beautiful riad maison d'hôte for sale if your interested
lemedinaprivilege & Spa in Marrakech
Google search images to see the pictures
Thank you
Laura

Sedi77 wrote:

Hi
I have one in tetouan, if u are interested let me know
Thx

Send me a DIrect message if you have a one-bedroom apartment for sale in Tetouan in a nice and safe location. Location is very important.
Thanks.

Hi tetouan is very nice we're in Marrakech
Take care and stay safe

MandB

What nationality are you.
You will need to talk to people of your nationality who have realised your ambition
It's always a gamble.

Hi Jimmy I'm British

JIMMY BOND wrote:

MandB

What nationality are you.
You will need to talk to people of your nationality who have realised your ambition
It's always a gamble.

Well, Jimmy

Life is a gamble.

I am a U.S. Citizen, long-time Manhattanite.
Moved to Morocco in Jan 2017 after Trump won the election. Simply couldn't stand him, and still can't...... Best decision ever.

If the objective is to invest in real estate as cash-generating assets, then the time to buy is between Autumn 2020 and Summer 2022. Housing prices always drop globally in about two-year period after an economic recession starts (see data from 2008/2010 recession). We are currently in the first phase of an on-going recession. 

The Riad and Air BnB business is dead - finished, kaput - and will not rebound anytime soon. People's lifestyle and travelling pattern have changed dramatically with Covid-19. We will see less plebeian tourists (the main target market of low-end Air BnB) and more explorers. This was the main reason I have suggested to Mandy to avoid Marrakech (Medina); it is a city that depends only and mainly on tourism. One should get something in the North, where the Free-Zone development centres are located; And rent out one's properties to expats, long-term lease. Choose an area where expats like to live: Safe, modern, close to all amenities, but avoid any “clinical looking” properties. Also, with the TGV, almost any spot between Tangier and Rabat has become a vibrant economic entity, although Tangier is still the most robust one.

But if one's objective is just for pleasure, to purely experience a different lifestyle - as opposed to getting a healthy ROI (Return on Investment) - then Marrakech is still good place. Bernard Henry Levy, the French Philosopher, and his wife Ariel Dombachel, moved out from Tangier in 2018 and settled in Marrakech for this very reason; Because Tangier has become an economic engine. It doesn't fit anymore to their languid, hashish laden, and endless mysterious soirée that dominate their lifestyle. This despite owning one of the best property in Tangier, in Mershan neighbourhood, facing Gibraltar....!

Surely we will all get back to travel and normal life.  In 2 months time we should be better in charge.
I would imagine owning a ryad business is hard work and there are many competing businesses
I think life has been made more difficult for Moroccan ryad owners seeing European people take over ryad businesses .  But they have diversed and survived

JIMMY BOND wrote:

Surely we will all get back to travel and normal life.  In 2 months time we should be better in charge.
I would imagine owning a ryad business is hard work and there are many competing businesses
I think life has been made more difficult for Moroccan ryad owners seeing European people take over ryad businesses .  But they have diversed and survived

If you study the trend, you'll see that Air BnB business took a dip after 2008/2009 recession, and didn't recover until 2015. And even by then, prices has remained constant or even taken a significant reduction. 

The remedy of an economic recession always creates inflation and reduces the monetary values of services provided by small business owners. This happens because a large quantity of money is being injected into the economy, inevitably reducing its value, be it USD, GBP or Euros. The real players who benefit from this recession are the corporations that are scheduled to revived massive bailouts, as they can increase the value of their corporations by buying back their stocks in massive quantities.

—————————————-

Riad business is very hard to run. But the nationalities of Riad business owners don't matter much. Even foreign owners depend on the locals skill workers to provide its services. Global recession is an equal opportunity offenders. Unless you are a billionaire coveting a certain niche within the economy than you are not spared.

It is important to remember that Travel is not a primary need. It's secondary or even tertiary need. Hence the tourist industry's lacklustre performance during and after a recession. But manufacturing businesses will pick up as soon as people figure out how to manoeuvre efficiently around the danger of Covid-19. This fact makes the northern region of Marocco much more desirable to invest in properties.

MandB...how's your search going? Have you had any luck?

Able123...from one fellow long-ish (6 years) manhattanite to another, would love to connect and learn more about what you're building. I'm still U.S. based, and actively looking for investment/operating partners to help me enter and navigate Morocco. Would love to exchange notes.  Ben

2c9Ventures wrote:

Able123...from one fellow long-ish (6 years) manhattanite to another, would love to connect and learn more about what you're building. I'm still U.S. based, and actively looking for investment/operating partners to help me enter and navigate Morocco. Would love to exchange notes.  Ben

Hi Ben,

I have developed a network in Tangier due to my 22 years career in Manhattan as Architect and Construction Manager. Almost all top tier architects and designer from New York and London keep a residence in Tangier. The Medina in Marrakech and Fès are just charming places to shop.
—————————————————-
So far I have invested in three cities: Tangier in Merchan area, Marrakech in Gueliz neighbourhood, and Essaouira by the Corniche. I work with a local agent in each city to find renters and manage my properties. I pay them on commission basis.
My daily routine is still designing; get things manufactured in North Africa and sell them in New York or Europe to a very specific market. My design, not one of those ubiquitous “garden variety” Moroccan crafts that one can find in Etsy online store.
—————————————————-
Unless one is really a “people person”, landed with ton of cash to burn, and doesn't mind paying several staffs even when one's property is not making money, then AirBnB business is not for you. 

DM / PM me if you would like to know more about Morocco in general from a New Yorker's perspective and about Tangier in particular.

Not great. Everyone is trying to rip me off. Little do they know. 😊

Been there many times but noy in Morocco now but planning to do so. Would like to manage a spa/hair & beauty salon preferable in Essaouira. If you like we always can exchange ideas. Feel free to drop me a line at ***

Regards

Moderated by Diksha 3 years ago
Reason : Please do not post your contact details on the forum for security reasons.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Agree

Hello , welcome to moroccan community
About buying Riad in morocco there is lot of  Riads in Marrakech and Essaouirra and Fez And casablanca and agadir and tangier . Those are famous places so if you want buy go search for in this websites , marrakechrealty.com
goldencircle-services.com and of course you need a realtir or a local person to contact the owners and help you to discover and gathering information the place of the riad in the city , and be careful about scam people .
If you have any questions expats here are friendly to help you .

Dm me on Instagram ***

Moderated by Diksha 3 years ago
Reason : Please do not post personal information about you on the forum for safety reasons.

Did you manage to buy a Riad?

Moderated by Priscilla 2 years ago
Reason : free advertising is not allowed
Moderated by Priscilla 2 years ago
Reason : free advertising is not allowed

Hi Laura
I've sent you a dm look forward to hearing from you.
Thanks

Hi Mudeer
I've replied to you via iMessage
Sorry for the late reply
Thank you
Laura

@Sedi77 
Hello ,pls Can you send a pictures of your Riad and tell me wish part of Tétouan is
Thanks

@Rkya Chanfari 
Our Riad is located in Marrakch not Tetoun
[link moderated]

Thank you 

@Abe123 Hi there

I am currently in Morocco and would love to learn more from you. Did you get a loan from Morocco or USA? Or maybe you had enough to invest.
@Abe123 Hi there

I am currently in Morocco and would love to learn more from you. Did you get a loan from Morocco or USA? Or maybe you had enough to invest.
- @Umm Junainah

Usually, Foreigners have the money to invest into Morocco as there are projects for all budgets. However you can also obtain loan within Morocco usually requires a 30% deposit but can be negotiated.

Right now there are lots of Riaad for sale as very attractive prices along with so many other projects.

Hi, these is this wonderful Riad. They are selling it for 600.000 euro in the Kasba of Tanger. Tell me if you are interested. It belong to an Italian who want to leave Morocco (actually she is half Italian and half Moroccan)

@MandB

I'd go there and look for the owner and bargain. I never liked dealing with agencies and realtors anywhere in the world.

@Guest8797

hi

what's the name of your Riad?

Hello Said Hassou,

Guest8797 is no longer on the website. This profile has been deleted. Infact all username starting with Guest are deleted profiles.

Regards

Bhavna

@JillMaria hey, can we speak abut spa/massage in moroco?

@Precenicco hi, is this available? Can I know what does it consist of?

@Abe123 hi Abe, hope u are good. Can u share more on this please? is there such thing as rent to own riad? Hope to get a clear answer..