COVID-19 and expatriation in Hungary

Marilyn Tassy wrote:

Anyways, heard Canada is enforcing some strict travel regulations. Only essential workers can travel between towns , must show ID when stopped and questioned as to where you are going and strict stay at home riders are also being enforced.Just crazy.
Florida and most of Texas as eased up on restricitons.
I asked my husband what he thought about the restrictions , he said no biggie, he lived through it before and it has no effect on him one way or the other.

Taken (in the most part) to Absolutely Anything Else.

It's the same all over.  I heard - for the first time - that the UK has some company checking people are actually  quarantining at home.  Here, the cops come around but there it will be a company who will do 10000 checks a day or something.   

Considering 15000 people arrive at London Heathrow each day, one has to wonder if that's enough checking.    News on the street is that there will be a traffic light system but unknown if Hungary will be "green" given the large deaths per million rate.

One good thing in the UK is that they'll accept the cheap lateral flow test for entry and not the rip off cost for PCR.   The requirements to come in here is nuts - only PCR acceptable from a few countries (and that does not including the UK). 

This cannot go on!

There's a BBC article on the AZ vaccine. The chances of dying is minimal - 4 in a million.  Risk is 200 x higher for dying of coronavirus.  No brainer.   See it here: Covid-19 vaccines: What's happening to unused jabs?

fluffy2560 wrote:
Marilyn Tassy wrote:

Anyways, heard Canada is enforcing some strict travel regulations. Only essential workers can travel between towns , must show ID when stopped and questioned as to where you are going and strict stay at home riders are also being enforced.Just crazy.
Florida and most of Texas as eased up on restricitons.
I asked my husband what he thought about the restrictions , he said no biggie, he lived through it before and it has no effect on him one way or the other.

Taken (in the most part) to Absolutely Anything Else.

It's the same all over.  I heard - for the first time - that the UK has some company checking people are actually  quarantining at home.  Here, the cops come around but there it will be a company who will do 10000 checks a day or something.   

Considering 15000 people arrive at London Heathrow each day, one has to wonder if that's enough checking.    News on the street is that there will be a traffic light system but unknown if Hungary will be "green" given the large deaths per million rate.

One good thing in the UK is that they'll accept the cheap lateral flow test for entry and not the rip off cost for PCR.   The requirements to come in here is nuts - only PCR acceptable from a few countries (and that does not including the UK). 

This cannot go on!

Can confirm the UK story, my daughter and her husband were called every morning while they were in quarantine.  When you consider that the authorities can track any mobile phone sim at a specific time; if they really wanted to, they would know where they were at the time of the call.

Never hear of the UK police getting involved, it's a Border Force matter and they have the power of entry, search, seizure and arrest; just to add, they don't need a warrant either.

Cynic wrote:

Can confirm the UK story, my daughter and her husband were called every morning while they were in quarantine.  When you consider that the authorities can track any mobile phone sim at a specific time; if they really wanted to, they would know where they were at the time of the call.

Never hear of the UK police getting involved, it's a Border Force matter and they have the power of entry, search, seizure and arrest; just to add, they don't need a warrant either.

That's good to know they were called.   They can indeed track all the mobile phones but then again, you'd only need a burner phone to get out of that one. Leave the normal phone at home. 

Ring...Ring......."Oh, Fred, he's down at the cowshed, no sorry you'll have to ring back later when he's finished mucking out" ....calling burner.... "Hey, Fred, get back here from the pub garden sharpish, the virus rozzers are looking for you".   

It'll never work.  Vaccinate everyone coming into the country.   If they've got a certificate, then they're good to go.

Border Force are never going to roam the country looking for quarantine breakers.  They are too busy deporting the Windrush generation and breaking the law or perverting the course of justice under Priti Patel's tutelage.

fluffy2560 wrote:
Cynic wrote:

That's good to know they were called.   They can indeed track all the mobile phones but then again, you'd only need a burner phone to get out of that one. Leave the normal phone at home. 

Ring...Ring......."Oh, Fred, he's down at the cowshed, no sorry you'll have to ring back later when he's finished mucking out" ....calling burner.... "Hey, Fred, get back here from the pub garden sharpish, the virus rozzers are looking for you".   

It'll never work.  Vaccinate everyone coming into the country.   If they've got a certificate, then they're good to go.

Border Force are never going to roam the country looking for quarantine breakers.  They are too busy deporting the Windrush generation and breaking the law or perverting the course of justice under Priti Patel's tutelage.

My daughter missed 2 calls (one she was asleep and the other was outside in the garden and couldn't get back to her phone in time); they don't call you back, nor do they take any action.  She just started in her new job; I'm impressed with the induction training that Morrisons give their senior managers.

I'd never heard of "burner-phones" until last night when I watched Line of Duty (I've been appointed Chief Interpreter for Mrs C) and it wasn't till you mentioned it here that I decided to Google it.  Seems a lot of fuss and expense just to go down the pub, still, whatever floats your boat I guess.  In fact my daughter just told me that there is now a non-sim sim-card; her phone is a dual-sim phone, it only has one sim slot that has her Dutch sim card in it, the other is a soft-ware sim; no idea how that works.

Cynic wrote:

My daughter missed 2 calls (one she was asleep and the other was outside in the garden and couldn't get back to her phone in time); they don't call you back, nor do they take any action.  She just started in her new job; I'm impressed with the induction training that Morrisons give their senior managers.

I'd never heard of "burner-phones" until last night when I watched Line of Duty (I've been appointed Chief Interpreter for Mrs C) and it wasn't till you mentioned it here that I decided to Google it.  Seems a lot of fuss and expense just to go down the pub, still, whatever floats your boat I guess.  In fact my daughter just told me that there is now a non-sim sim-card; her phone is a dual-sim phone, it only has one sim slot that has her Dutch sim card in it, the other is a soft-ware sim; no idea how that works.

I watch too many TV shows and they always go on about "burner phones".    I wouldn't waste money on a burner phone but some naughty people might.  To see it in real action, watch the show "Better Call Saul" which the entire thing is turned into a cottage industry as part of the plot.

The non-sim sim is now becoming a thing.  Same kind of thing as the virtualised debit and credit card which is now common place hereabouts.  I get pushed it all the time by my local bank but I'd rather not depend on one solution. 

Mainly I seriously worry what would happen if I lost my phone.  I'd lose access to so many things,  it's become a requirement to access anything these days.   The foolish assumption is one phone, one location.   I cannot get into my bank on two devices. I always need to the same device.   

Partially it's the requirement for strong encryption from the EU.  I've tried to opt out from that kind of thing but not had much luck.  Now they all nag you for confirmation codes all the time.  Who knows how that's going to work when one has international connections.

Makes you wonder how all these independent apps for COVID19 will work if one travels a lot.  Imagine doing a round the world trip and needing proof in 5 or 6 countries.   Maybe the IATA pass will work in an acceptable (to the authorities) way. All of these will need encryption to ensure no fakery.  It's easy to see that the Mastercard/Visa processing network could be harnessed for that.

fluffy2560 wrote:

.... Makes you wonder how all these independent apps for COVID19 will work if one travels a lot.  Imagine doing a round the world trip and needing proof in 5 or 6 countries.   Maybe the IATA pass will work in an acceptable (to the authorities) way. All of these will need encryption to ensure no fakery.  It's easy to see that the Mastercard/Visa processing network could be harnessed for that.

Whatever method is chosen, for travel purposes it will have to be linked to your passport (that being the only internationally recognised means of identity).  Not all countries issue biometric passports so It would not surprise me if the existing WHO document is used.  The existing UK NHS app thingy provides the ability to "log-in" to something via a QR code, so will provide the means to nationally control "events".  Personally, not particularly bothered, I already have the WHO document and the only time I've tried to log in using a QR code, the machine had a meltdown; I suspect there will not be replacement machines, so in the vent of malfunction, logging in will cease.

Sooner of later they will just chip everyone at birth and force others to get chipped or live as second class citizins with limited rights.
We use a "burner" phone, well actually it isn't a real burner phone since we are registered at the phone coo. with the phone number...Just a pre paid thing with no extra functions other then texting.
Just haven't actived our new smart phone.
No one calls us, our son calls on the landline and our one neighobr calls us.
Had use of my son's extra phone in Vegas and it still had over 3,000 mins on it when we left town. Hate speaking on the phone for hours on end. I always wonder what everyone is talking about everywhere we go on their cell phones? What is soo important they can't wait until they are face to face?
The art of conversation is dead.
I'd ring up an old friend every month or so and talk for a long while to catch up but calling everyday is a drag.What could possibly be new and exciting that often?
I guess people are asking what are you eating and how's the weather at your end of town?
Noticed they are going to restart the tour boats going up the Danube so perhaps they are hping fr a normalish summer?
Not sure what happened yesterday on the first day of schol but there were reprots of some difficulties.
Either not enough children showed up or not enough staff?
I'm sure they will figure it out soon.
Better Call Saul,can relate, lived 2 times in Albuquerque. I loved it, my husband and son disliked it.
Nothing smells better then the earth in the high desert after a rain storm.
Our neighbr is super paranid about the virus but doesn't want a jab.
Her family had shots and told her it was a bad experience.
Guess it depends on what you get?
So far my US peeps are fine after 2 jabs, Pfiser and Moderna shots.
Told my husband that I am betting son we will have to think about getting one urselves if they restrict peple and start the ter system of those who have and those you have not gotten a vax.
I just feel fine and don't wish to feel ill even for a few days time.
I'll know things are on the upswing if I get a date for my eye surgery, until then, not sure there is much good news.
Calif. is giving Ca. residents an extra $600. wow that covers about your average water bill there! Big help... My bro pays over $3,000 for his townhouse per month.
Also heard the US federal gov. is about to place a federal water restruction on water useage in the US SW, Ca,Az NV and perhpas more states. Hoover Dam water levels are at an all time low.
What else can go wrong?

Marilyn Tassy wrote:

Sooner of later they will just chip everyone at birth and force others to get chipped or live as second class citizins with limited rights.

I would not go that far, there would be riots if that ever got suggested.

SimCityAT wrote:
Marilyn Tassy wrote:

I would not go that far, there would be riots if that ever got suggested.

I'd pray so but... look how far this BS has already gone.
Sad to say 99% of people only care about their own skin and are not willing to stand up for ,"strangers".
The media has done a great job  making people fall into different ,"camps".
I'm serious, I am praying for the first time in many years for people I have never met or will ever meet this side of the cosmos.
It breaks my heart to think of even one of us suffering because some jack*** is making a buck off of them.
No fear however, it will all be right in the end.

Hungary: Nationwide curfew to be amended from 24 April

Authorities have announced that a nationwide curfew will be amended from 24 April 2021 amid the global coronavirus outbreak.

The curfew will be in effect daily from 23:00 – 05:00 local time (21:00 – 03:00 GMT) until further notice.

Received from the government vaccine centre today (my highlighting):

"The number of vaccinated people in Hungary exceeded 3.5 million. This is a significant achievement, but the fight against the virus is not over yet. Millions of doses of vaccine are coming to Hungary, so we can double the number of people vaccinated in the next six weeks.

To further speed up the vaccination program, an online appointment page has been launched. In this, all registered citizens can easily and quickly schedule a vaccination.

You can find the appointment website at the following address: www.eeszt.gov.hu

This page allows you to schedule appointments specifically for hospital vaccinations at 26 April (Monday), 27 April (Tuesday) and 28 April (Wednesday) with Sinopharm vaccine.

Those who have registered and have not yet been vaccinated can apply on the appointment page. On this page you can check the status of your registration:

https://vakcinareg.neak.gov.hu/registracio/

In addition to hospital vaccination points, vaccination will continue at GPs. We respectfully request that if you have already booked an online appointment for a hospital vaccination and are subsequently called by your GP, let them know that you already have an appointment for a hospital vaccination. This way, your GP can offer the vaccine to someone else."

The Fluffy Family spent a day at Balaton yesterday.   

We travelled to Fonyod and took the 30 minute ferry ride to Badacsony.  Nice ride but Badacsony has nothing to do except drink wine and look at the lake.   Nothing wrong with that of course.

I would say about 70% of people  were wearing masks - kids on the whole were not wearing them.   

It was good to see that a lot of the restaurants and wineries were open and very busy.   Those that weren't open were being made ready and cleaned up.   It almost looked like business as normal, circa 2019.

However, there was very little social distancing at any of the open places with people queueing up at counters, interacting and whatnot.  As a non-vaccinated person it all made me very nervous that people are so cavalier with everyone else's health.

I suspect a lot of people see the increasing numbers of vaccinated persons and just think, that's it, we're all off the hook.  That's obviously not the case.

We even got a bit of a tan as the sun was extremely intense even if it wasn't that warm (about 16 C).

Latest from the Govt Corona virus HQ:

"Vaccination groups continue their campaign in several ways. One form of this is to question the effectiveness of certain types of vaccines. Therefore, the government released post-vaccination infection and mortality data.

These data clearly show that the incidence of disease is less than one percent after each vaccine. This shows that all vaccines used in Hungary are effective and protect against infection.

You can view aggregate statistics on this page (click here (in HU)).

We ask everyone to take the opportunity to get vaccinated! The vaccine saved lives!"

My wife and me got our second Sputnik jab, right after we read this article, Sputnik doing quite well, waiting for our green card.
Representing what Fluffy reported. (so I am too late)
https://dailynewshungary.com/hundreds-h … s-vaccine/
Apparently the authorities who have to issue the green card are overwhelmed so we might have to wait a bit. Anyhow I consider us to be protected (after 8/9 days). (already more than something).

My misses coworker is now in quarantine after he decided to go shopping in Sopron. On his return to Austria, the police caught him asked him what he was doing, now he has daily checks to make sure he is in. He is Hungarian but lives in Austria with an Austrian car. Its only workers that live in 1 country and work in the other are allowed to cross the border.

cdw057 wrote:

My wife and me got our second Sputnik jab, right after we read this article, Sputnik doing quite well, waiting for our green card.
Representing what Fluffy reported. (so I am too late)
https://dailynewshungary.com/hundreds-h … s-vaccine/
Apparently the authorities who have to issue the green card are overwhelmed so we might have to wait a bit. Anyhow I consider us to be protected (after 8/9 days). (already more than something).

That table put out by the government is unintelligible without further explanation from either the Daily News Hungary or someone else.  Late last night, I spent 5 minutes trying to work out what it what it was saying before my eyes glazed over.  I then started to think it was BS.  I am still not sure what they think they are telling us. 

BTW, as of yesterday, it looks like any medicine not approved by the EMHA  may not be suitable for some travel outside the bloc - i.e. to the USA or further afield.  So that potentially means Sputnik and Sinopharm are of limited use for travel. 

I believe the Chinese will only accept vaccinations that are Chinese!  Some places like UAE are all exclusively Sputnik and Sinopharm.  No idea how that would work for transit.

One "hope" (if one cares enough) is that the US will accept vaccinations that are also approved in the USA.  That might encourage more reciprocity in other countries favouring the Western vaccines.

I don't think the in-country vaccine certificates will be worth anything internationally until a universal one like the IATA one is available.

News from further afield (courtesy HVG in HU, my highlighting):

"The mayor's office in Cluj-Napoca opened a car vaccination center on Monday in the parking lot of the Horia Demian Sports Hall. As Mayor Emil Boc said on one of the community portals, applicants can get the Pfizer-produced vaccine at the vaccination center without a reservation.

Four people are vaccinated in one car. None of them should get out of the vehicle during the procedure, but they should wear a protective mask. Upon arrival, they must identify themselves, complete a health questionnaire, and answer questions from the on-site physician, and then be vaccinated through the lowered windows. They will then have to stay in the parking lot for a quarter of an hour so that medical staff can intervene if they have any allergic symptoms. The vaccination center is open every day of the week.

Cluj-Napoca is the second car vaccination center in Romania, the first opened on Saturday in Deva.

In Romania, Cluj County maintains vaccination statistics. In the county, which has nearly 700,000 residents, 34.2 percent of the population received the first dose of the vaccine by Monday"

SimCityAT wrote:

My misses coworker is now in quarantine after he decided to go shopping in Sopron. On his return to Austria, the police caught him asked him what he was doing, now he has daily checks to make sure he is in. He is Hungarian but lives in Austria with an Austrian car. Its only workers that live in 1 country and work in the other are allowed to cross the border.

Big problem all over.   I expect many people get away with it but of course they aren't helping anyone else by just doing whatever they want.

BTW, I saw the Slovenians have a scheme for entry without quarantine now which looks quite accommodating for travels and could perhaps be a model for what one might expect elsewhere - extract below (my highlighting, note no Sinopharm listed and concept of immunity):

Everyone entering Slovenia from a country on the Red List will be required to quarantine for 10 days unless they meet one of the specific exemptions that are listed by the Slovenian government (the list of exemptions can be found on the border crossing page of the Slovene website), or:

They are able to provide a negative PCR test result that is not more than 48 hours old and that has been administered in the EU or Schengen Area; or

they have proof of a COVID-19 vaccination as follows:

A second dose of Pfizer/BioNTech at least 7 days before arrival;
        A second dose of Moderna vaccine at least 14 days before arrival;
        A first dose of Oxford/AstraZeneca vaccine at least 21 days before arrival;
        A first dose of the Sputnik V vaccine at least 21 days before arrival;
        The Johnson & Johnson Janssen vaccine at least 21 days before arrival; or
        they have recovered from Covid-19 and hold immunity.

Proof of immunity can be demonstrated by a written medical statement from a health professional in the EU showing they had the first symptoms of COVID-19 within 6 months prior to arrival; or evidence of a positive test conducted at a recognised institution (see paragraph below) older than 21 days but less than 6 months.

From 12 April 2021, PCR tests conducted in the UK are accepted as a means to avoid quarantine on arrival in Slovenia from a Red List country.

Just watched a 10-minute documentary covering the Sputnik V vaccine. Although it wasn't tested nearly enough to meet Western standards, the Russians lucked out in that 1) it was developed on existing medical tech in adenoviruses, and 2) it has turned out to be both safe and effective.
The Chinese vaccine still has huge doubts about its efficacy.

Would you have the link for the documentary? Me and my wife took Sputnik

cdw057 wrote:

Would you have the link for the documentary? Me and my wife took Sputnik

Yes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKxqXgwZqU4

But just to be completely Russian:
https://www.france24.com/en/live-news/2 … cold-virus

One line news from index.hu:

"Foreign citizens living in Hungary can also be vaccinated

From May 1, foreign citizens living in Hungary can also register for vaccination."

Absolutely no information other than that!

I read this on Hungary today
https://hungarytoday.hu/hungary-vaccina … rs-expats/

That is very good news, I do have a residents card which is registered at my Hungarian friends house but I was starting to get worried about how to go about getting the vaccinations.

fluffy2560 wrote:

From May 1, foreign citizens living in Hungary can also register for vaccination."

Odd since I already had my first jab...

FYI - The link "under review" showed that Russia sent the Sputnik V vaccine to Brazil, but "due to a manufacturing error" had a live version of the virus instead of an inactivated one...
Quality control...

Vicces1 wrote:
fluffy2560 wrote:

Odd since I already had my first jab...

If you have a TAJ card then you would have been eligible.   

My own Embassy (UK) has no information on the change on the 1st May.  But that's not unusual, UK embassies are often way behind the curve.  Still, believe it when I see it.

Perhaps the US person who is rumoured to have died from COVID19 due to ineligibility for the vaccine was the reason they decided to make it more widely available.

Yay, I get the jab in 10 days, but the misses refuses to have it because it's still a trial. No idea what she has been watching or reading. I was too tired to have a discussion about it at 2am.

Had my eye exam at the eye clinic inside the hospital near us yesterday.
Today, they hopefully are giving the go ahead for postpond surgeries.
I've been slightly knocked down a peg with more pressing cases going before me... Wonderbar....
Then a sort of back tracking after doing my exam, guess I have been moved up the wait list to ASAP. Double vision and blurry eyes. My doctor is really nice, feel good about having her work on me.
What a trip to walk around the city with my eyes dialated...Trippy.
Anyways, she asked for the 3rd time if I had my shot yet.
We spoke a short time about it, she showed me online how to register ect.
I told her I am not really interested unless it allows for international travel.
So it seems if you book a jab with your GP then you can get Sputnik or the Chinese version.
If you want Pfizer, that has to be given at a hospital because the GP's do not have the resources in their offices to keep the vax cold enough.The Johnson and Johmson vax is available in HU to but not many doeses of it right now.
My doc had Pfzier and her husband had the Chinese one, guess they aren't afraid of either one.
I asked if one still needs a PCR test for surgry if they were jabbed, answer was yes. So they are still afraid of the slight chance you still might be a carrier even with a vax.
My husband sent me over by myself, he almost always goes with me to doctors.
It was OK, only 5 or 6 people there with 3 doctors and some staff doing exams. The place is usually a zoo with 30 to 40 people waiting their turn.
I still was there for 2 hours, was strange eveyone was gone and I was still waiting for my eyes to dialate... Was creepy, the C-19 ward was just 40 feet away with a make shift barrier built and trash bags hung from the ceiling as a safety net. All alone, me and C-19 right around the corner.
Trash bags, they also double as body bags, I know saw a poor dead man on the st. covered in trash bags...
Was a couple years back, he ran in front of a bus...

Marilyn Tassy wrote:

I told her I am not really interested unless it allows for international travel.
So it seems if you book a jab with your GP then you can get Sputnik or the Chinese version.
If you want Pfizer, that has to be given at a hospital because the GP's do not have the resources in their offices to keep the vax cold enough.The Johnson and Johmson vax is available in HU to but not many doeses of it right now.
My doc had Pfzier and her husband had the Chinese one, guess they aren't afraid of either one.
I asked if one still needs a PCR test for surgry if they were jabbed, answer was yes. So they are still afraid of the slight chance you still might be a carrier even with a vax.

Latest news from the EU said that they wouldn't recognise the Chinese or Russian vaccines for inter-EU travel. 

Link here.

Oh Great... Not...
Why bother getting a jab then if it's worthless to travel with?
Maybe they will change that soon?
Heard that starting this Sat. anyone who registers get aget a jab even without a Taj card.
They seem to have a ton of extra Chinese doses I guess.
If and when I get one it has to be for traveling with .
Our neighbor , the one who's mom passed this last year and now lives alone, isn't doing well mentally.
She is now on xanax and a nervous wreck.
I haven't physiclaly seen her in ages but yesterday my husband ran into her in the lobby.
He was shocked and told her so.
She has lost over 17 kilos and wasn't heavy to begin with, just average weight before.He said she aged like crazy because her face is so sunken in now.
He told her off because he cares. Told her to fatten herself up because she could get taken out if she gets ill by being so weak.
I hate to hear that, really.
What can we do though can't force feed her.

Marilyn Tassy wrote:

Had my eye exam at the eye clinic inside the hospital near us yesterday.
Today, they hopefully are giving the go ahead for postpond surgeries.
I've been slightly knocked down a peg with more pressing cases going before me... Wonderbar....
Then a sort of back tracking after doing my exam, guess I have been moved up the wait list to ASAP. Double vision and blurry eyes. My doctor is really nice, feel good about having her work on me.
What a trip to walk around the city with my eyes dialated...Trippy.
My husband sent me over by myself, he almost always goes with me to doctors.
It was OK, only 5 or 6 people there with 3 doctors and some staff doing exams. The place is usually a zoo with 30 to 40 people waiting their turn.
I still was there for 2 hours, was strange eveyone was gone and I was still waiting for my eyes to dialate... Was creepy, the C-19 ward was just 40 feet away with a make shift barrier built and trash bags hung from the ceiling as a safety net. All alone, me and C-19 right around the corner.
Trash bags, they also double as body bags, I know saw a poor dead man on the st. covered in trash bags...
Was a couple years back, he ran in front of a bus...

I've seen a couple of dead bodies in the street here in Hungary - one near Nyugati on that main road in front of West End.  There are no pedestrian crossing points half way along there so people dodge the traffic and the other one was in Sopron.    The Nyugati one was indeed covered by black plastic rubbish bags - hit by a car.  The other one was just laying there - cyclist hit by a truck.  I think they just leave them in situ until they can get some evidence photos.   Very upsetting and very in your face.  Someone didn't arrive home that day.

One thing I note around here is the lack of pavements/paths (US: sidewalks) next to many roads. I don't get it.  Why don't they automatically build them?    I was out walking the four legged Poochmeisterin and a new road improvement was just starting out there and yet, I can see by the way it's laid out there is nowhere to walk - again. 

When I have an eye test they put drops in my eyes to check my retina because of my diabetes. Always feels like some rubbed sand in it and I'm not allowed to drive after it. 

BTW, I want the AZ vaccine as it seems to be universally approved.  Assuming eligibility at some point, then I suppose that'll be at the hospital due to the fridge requirement.

Marilyn Tassy wrote:

Oh Great... Not...
Why bother getting a jab then if it's worthless to travel with?
Maybe they will change that soon?
Heard that starting this Sat. anyone who registers get aget a jab even without a Taj card.
They seem to have a ton of extra Chinese doses I guess.
If and when I get one it has to be for traveling with .
Our neighbor , the one who's mom passed this last year and now lives alone, isn't doing well mentally.
She is now on xanax and a nervous wreck.
I haven't physiclaly seen her in ages but yesterday my husband ran into her in the lobby.
He was shocked and told her so.
She has lost over 17 kilos and wasn't heavy to begin with, just average weight before.He said she aged like crazy because her face is so sunken in now.
He told her off because he cares. Told her to fatten herself up because she could get taken out if she gets ill by being so weak.
I hate to hear that, really.
What can we do though can't force feed her.

Hungary is intending to have bilateral agreements with countries on mutual recognition of the in-country vaccination programmes.    So that means it will be possible to visit certain countries without quarantine.    Obviously Hungary was pushing back on that EU exclusion now but the EU went ahead anyway rejecting non-EMA approved vaccinations.  I can totally understand that restriction. 

It'll be an interesting development for me - UK might be on the list for approved travel via a bilateral arrangement.   So I could come and go from there without restriction which would be very nice.   There are lots of Hungarians in the UK - I think something like 250,000 pre-Brexit so it's an important travel route to open up.  For US folk,  it seems obvious to only have the US approved jabs.

Your neighbour will improve - she's just grieving.  But life will return and human beings are quite resilient if they have a good support network to call upon.   She'll begin to come out of it and rationalise - Mom was sick, Mom is in a better place, Mom's pain has gone or some religious thing.

I wish things would get back to how they used to be, I'm sure everyone wishes for that.
Haven't seen my boy in over 2 years, hate to see some old dude standing in front of me years on down the line if I can't visit him soon.
He knows he is welcome here in Hungary and probably would get us off our lazy habits.
Yes, our neighbor has never married or had children, she is 67 or 68 and is not involved with dating and hasn't been since we've known her.
Too isolated, her mother was her entire life.
We would invite her along when we took her mother out dancing but no, she rather be left alone.
She is nice, I'd really hate seeing her get ill.
For Easter she put a handmade dollie and some nice candy in our mailbox for us to find.
When I had my first eye surgery, she put candy in the mailbox for me too.
Such a thoughtful kind person.
It's a shame she never married because she took wonderful care of her mother.
I'm sure they will approve the Russian and Chinese vax in time, I'd hpe so, not great to consider people ahving hassles at the airport over what jab they had.

Indeed I think most of us wish for the old times, be it family visits (outbound or inbound), restaurants, theater, normal shopping, playing in matches, ....
Still even if difficult sometimes good to think on the positive items as well, if as a couple your relationship is out to a true test (by the way could be positive or negative), one learns to discover home deliveries (often better and cheaper then supermarkets (notably meat (we will retain that one)), in my case I read much more then I used to, ....

No doubt about it lifting of constraints would be great, still it is not all negative
PS I am not a Buddhist or alike,

Marilyn Tassy wrote:

I wish things would get back to how they used to be, I'm sure everyone wishes for that.
Haven't seen my boy in over 2 years, hate to see some old dude standing in front of me years on down the line if I can't visit him soon.
He knows he is welcome here in Hungary and probably would get us off our lazy habits.
Yes, our neighbor has never married or had children, she is 67 or 68 and is not involved with dating and hasn't been since we've known her.
Too isolated, her mother was her entire life....
It's a shame she never married because she took wonderful care of her mother.
I'm sure they will approve the Russian and Chinese vax in time, I'd hpe so, not great to consider people ahving hassles at the airport over what jab they had.

There's a lot of that going on - we know plenty of people who aren't married, never been married and don't have any kids.  Some chose that, got dealt the wrong cards and others seem to not have had the opportunity.   

Your neighbour's Mum was lucky to have her daughter to look after her.

Mrs Fluffy has some relatives whose mother is in her 80s is on the verge of losing her marbles.  She will have to rely on her 60+ year old unmarried/unattached kids to look after her in her large rambling house.  So probably they'll move back in with her so they can supervise.  Not how I think anyone would have expected it to work out.   

Someone closer to us has all the signs of dementia and does really weird and annoying things.  We cannot explain it and we've come to the conclusion we shouldn't even try.   Could only be loved by a son, a daughter, a partner or a sibling. 

Chinese and Russian vaccinations are looking like the wrong horse at the moment.  Maybe a fudge will come up to allow international travel.

From the HU government vaccine centre:

"We are pleased to inform you that the number of people vaccinated in Hungary has exceeded 4 million. This will allow us to take further steps to restart life. A wide range of services is open to those who have a vaccination certificate.

- After the opening of the terraces, the interiors of the restaurants will also open to the vaccinated until 11 pm. Parents and family members can take their children with them.

- Vaccine protected people can go to hotels and take the children with them.

- Leisure facilities such as zoos, game parks, museums, theaters, cinemas and libraries will again be usable.

- Holders of a vaccine certificate can also go to the gym and swimming pool, as well as certified athletes over and under the age of 18, preparing for a competition or match.

- Vaccinated and supervised minors can also attend sports events until 11 pm, without having to wear a mask.

Under the new rules, the start of the curfew will change from 23h to 00h. The shops will be available for shopping until 23h.

A vaccine certificate  can be issued in three cases: 1) if someone has been vaccinated, 2) has been certified to have been infected, or 3) if someone is presumed to have been infected and this is confirmed by an ex-post antibody test.

If someone has been vaccinated, they do not need to apply for a vaccine certificate separately, the authorities will send it. The card is valid together with the presentation of an identity card or passport.

If someone is entitled to a vaccination certificate, but has not received it for any reason, this can be indicated at the e-mail address vedettsegiigazolvany@1818.hu.  In this case, those with government gateway registration can also apply for the card via the Magyarország.hu website. The lack of an ID can also be indicated in person in government service windows.

We would like to thank you for participating in the vaccination program. Vaccinations help us get back to our normal lives. We are working to make this happen as soon as possible."

Note: nothing on foreigners' registration, what the process is and where to get the jab.

Hi all,
Anyone have any idea if and when vaccination for residents non-nationals who do not have medical insurance (no TAJ szam) will happen?
There was this news:
https://dailynewshungary.com/breaking-f … this-week/

But yesterday, I asked the guy overseeing the line for vaccination, and he said TAJ szam and registration are necessary and that this piece of news is just that - news, not current reality.

Thanks.

markons wrote:

Hi all,
Anyone have any idea if and when vaccination for residents non-nationals who do not have medical insurance (no TAJ szam) will happen?
There was this news:
https://dailynewshungary.com/breaking-f … this-week/

But yesterday, I asked the guy overseeing the line for vaccination, and he said TAJ szam and registration are necessary and that this piece of news is just that - news, not current reality.

Thanks.

Mrs Fluffy is trying to register me in their system as I type but has already run into difficulties.   

We know from before that it works on unique e-mail addresses.  My MIL had to have her own e-mail address.

So if your e-mail is already in there, you cannot register that e-mail again. Looks like there's no way to edit it either.

Looks like we have to create a special e-mail just for the foreigner registration.

She's going to keep trying to work it out.