Removalist Companies

Hello to all members,
I am currently in Budapest and I am trying to source a good, reliable and not over the top priced removalist company to send some personal items back to Australia. The only 2 companies I have found and managed to get a quote from, after nearly 2 months of waiting where absurdly high. They quoted me more to send some items back, yet the amount i bought here was nearly 4 times more. Is there anyone that can recommend a normal priced and logical thinking company/ The items are mainly clothes. and about 2.5 cubic m ............
Any advice/help would be greatly appreciated.

Shipping overseas anything less than a full container is expensive. However, try contacting some shipping companies in Vienna for quotes rather than just Budapest.

Also, if you are flying back to Australia, contact the airline and ask what they charge for extra luggage.

Thanks for that. I am not flying back to Australia just yet, and the airlines charge a fortune for extra shipping I tried that first. Just want clothes to go back due to a relationship break-up. She went back and has left me to sort out to send back her clothes. Thats why I am trying to get the best and cheapest quote.

Have you tried Crown Relocations? They are quite favored by Hungarians emmigrating there, also they have an office in Budapest and many Australian locations.

Aries25au wrote:

Thanks for that. I am not flying back to Australia just yet, and the airlines charge a fortune for extra shipping I tried that first. Just want clothes to go back due to a relationship break-up. She went back and has left me to sort out to send back her clothes. Thats why I am trying to get the best and cheapest quote.

Rule of thumb for excess baggage is usually about 1% per kg of the airticket price, i.e. if your ticket cost 1000 EUR, the cost per kg would be 10 EUR.

Unaccompanied baggage perhaps? Possible from the UK for sure. Don't know from here.

Friend of mine used Lufthansa air cargo but he had a lot of stuff and for some reason thought this was the cheapest.

If you send it by surface post (ship), then it might be even cheaper but could take several months and for a couple of bags, it wouldn't be worth it.

Just buy new clothes?