COVID-19 and expatriation in Hungary

I read today that even if you get a jab with or without a Taj card but ARE NOT a HU citizen, they are not mailing out the,"immunity pass" card. One needs a HU citizen number on top of having a NAV number, Taj card ect. ( I call it a hall pass, safety pass just like we are children again)
What's the point then of rushing to get a useless jab( useless for international travel at least) and still be an outcast, not allowed into indoors places, the zoo or museums?
Something fishy is going on.
It stinks.
Today they opened up the spas, wonder who is going there if foriengners aren't allowed in. How many locals really want to pay serious money to enter when it isn't even hot outdoors.
A few perhaps but not the numbers they want to stay in business.
I think it is discrimmination.
I am disgusted right now.
Head games are being played.

Marilyn Tassy wrote:

I read today that even if you get a jab with or without a Taj card but ARE NOT a HU citizen, they are not mailing out the,"immunity pass" card. One needs a HU citizen number on top of having a NAV number, Taj card ect. ( I call it a hall pass, safety pass just like we are children again)
What's the point then of rushing to get a useless jab( useless for international travel at least) and still be an outcast, not allowed into indoors places, the zoo or museums?
Something fishy is going on.
It stinks.
Today they opened up the spas, wonder who is going there if foreigners aren't allowed in. How many locals really want to pay serious money to enter when it isn't even hot outdoors.
A few perhaps but not the numbers they want to stay in business.
I think it is discrimination.
I am disgusted right now.
Head games are being played.

I didn't see anything about a NAV number but TAJ number yes, to get the internationally useless plastic card.

There's an article at Euronews about Hungary's card - click here.  Note it says:

"Vaccinated people and those who have recovered from COVID-19 are eligible for the Hungarian immunity cards, which must be presented at establishments before entry. Businesses can be issued heavy fines if they allow non-card holders to enter."

The great unwashed - oops, sorry I meant the lepers, oh no, I mean the unvaccinated - can swim in Balaton at a public beach or just a gap in the reeds/bushes - not sure anyone can really stop them.  Balaton vs Spa - I know which one I prefer.

As I type this, I'm reminded of some elements of the infamous Stanford Prison Experiment or the Class Divided experiment. 

It's early days of the "foreigner programme" but it's looking like yet more vaccine theatre.   Just putting on a PR show for the world.  Registering doesn't do anything unless there's some action to back it up.   It's supposed to look like they are doing something.  People with foreign relatives here will have  long memories.  Mrs Fluffy had no luck this morning registering me - might be from Monday.

BTW, it's not really the same subject but in Poland, some of the right wing policies espoused by the government there and mirrored here are being rescinded because it's made their local governments ineligible for foreign grants or investments.   They are having to backtrack.   Perhaps similar pressure will be brought on the Hungarian government to stop promoting division.

I had read my info from The Daily News Hungary and read the comments from people.
Some people got their cards within 8 days in the mail and some have never gotten a thing.
I checked out my resident card, it has AK and then 6 numbers after it.
My husband as a HU citizen has AH and 6 numbers.
Not sure if being a foriegner with the AH is going to be a hassle to register with to get a card or not.
My eye doc had my Taj online and was looking at my info on Thursday, she said it was super easy to register with a Taj card in good standing for a vax.
Who knows.
I perfer swimming in Balatn too but who knows they may set up road blocks at this point in time!
I wouldn't put anything past anyone.
My sn called today fromJapan.
He siad you can often tell who was shot up as a child.
They have a large circle on their skin, a huge scare with abut 20 dots inside the circle.Skin burnt forever...I know sme people had scres from their polio scratch.
Mine is faded away.
My mom had us girls get it n our upper thighs and not our arms.
she thought in the 50's that it wasn't attractive for a girl to have it on their arm... how times have changed.

Marilyn Tassy wrote:

.... My sn called today fromJapan.
He siad you can often tell who was shot up as a child.
They have a large circle on their skin, a huge scare with abut 20 dots inside the circle.Skin burnt forever...I know sme people had scres from their polio scratch.
Mine is faded away.
she thought in the 50's that it wasn't attractive for a girl to have it on their arm... how times have changed.

The old smallpox vaccines were administered by a device that left a round scar, but that was replaced by a conventional injection in the early 70's.  More recently, the BCG (Human tuberculosis) vaccine left a round scar.

Marilyn Tassy wrote:

I had read my info from The Daily News Hungary and read the comments from people.
Some people got their cards within 8 days in the mail and some have never gotten a thing.
I checked out my resident card, it has AK and then 6 numbers after it.
My husband as a HU citizen has AH and 6 numbers.
Not sure if being a foreigner with the AH is going to be a hassle to register with to get a card or not.
My eye doc had my Taj online and was looking at my info on Thursday, she said it was super easy to register with a Taj card in good standing for a vax.
Who knows.
I prefer swimming in Balaton too but who knows they may set up road blocks at this point in time!
I wouldn't put anything past anyone.
My son called today from Japan.
He said you can often tell who was shot up as a child.
They have a large circle on their skin, a huge scare with abut 20 dots inside the circle.Skin burnt forever...I know some people had scars from their polio scratch.
Mine is faded away.

My registration card begins RA and six digits but I don't think it means anything much.

I don't see how they could stop people getting to their houses at Balaton and if their houses are on the water, then people can just go through the bushes/reeds and swim away.  Unless they go around in a boat checking people, it'll be impossible to control everyone.  Where we go, it's just a massive zoo.   Paid for and free beaches they could control by setting up fencing but people can just "swim or boat in" from outside unless they have wrist bands. It seems all a bit too big brother.  Just bizarre.

I also have the vaccination scar on my upper arm and Mrs Fluffy has the scratch. I don't think it looks particularly ugly.  Some people have tats now which look worse.  I remember getting my vaccination at school.  I was maybe 12. They lined us all up and had a kind of multi-pronged gun attached to a white vat of presumably the vaccine.  They zapped us with the gun. It did hurt quite a bit but no biggie really - went away quickly.  They don't do that anymore because that gun thing was very unhygienic - probably transmitting disease as well as stopping one.

One thing which still surprises me is that they never told us what we were there for.   We were just trooped down to the school gym, got in two lines.  Some kids were crying but I didn't know why.  The crying ones must have been told what was going on!  I obviously didn't get the memo!

Cynic wrote:

The old smallpox vaccines were administered by a device that left a round scar, but that was replaced by a conventional injection in the early 70's.  More recently, the BCG (Human tuberculosis) vaccine left a round scar.

Yes, I think the one I received - around early 1970s - was BCG/TB.

I remember the gun looked like below - actually called a Jet Injector.

https://www.northcountrypublicradio.org/news/images/20160324_gun1_edited3.jpg

We had our 2nd jab Monday last week, to me it does not makes sense to give a card after the first jab, waiting for 2 weeks after the 2nd is much more sensible, apart from that the doctor responsible already mentioned to us we have to be patient. I will start to chase after 3 weeks.

cdw057 wrote:

We had our 2nd jab Monday last week, to me it does not makes sense to give a card after the first jab, waiting for 2 weeks after the 2nd is much more sensible, apart from that the doctor responsible already mentioned to us we have to be patient. I will start to chase after 3 weeks.

There are some reports (I heard it on the radio) has it that countries will accept a single jab as evidence of immunity so that incoming visitors do not have to quarantine.   So that's quite helpful for travel. Don't know if that applies to all vaccines - perhaps needs more evidence of the type - i.e. EMA approved list.   I also heard (also on the radio) they are planning booster shots for winter.

And just to be cheerful, Mrs Fluffy heard a report on the HU radio that they've found a few cases of the Indian variant here.

The more they push these shots the more we are suspious.
Since when does the gov. care if one lives or dies?
Soon, I have to go into my GP for her to sign off on my upcoming lab work and EKG.
Need those ready in case I get the call for my eye surgery.
We will ask her more about jabs at that time.
I'm on the fence about the whole thing.
Some people swear most people are just getting water injections and those who got the real deal are the ones who are having bad recations. Others say it is a micro chip that will be activated once 5 G millimeter wave signals are up and fully running. Others say we will need booster shots and those are the shots that will target certain bodily organs and do people in.
I think I need to step away from U tube for a short time!!
Oh yes, could just be the mark of the beast!...

I think it is more mind control and to see who will follow orders.
Something big is coming, maybe a digital money system, maybe a population reduction or  something else.
For sure it seems like they are playing carrot on a stick with everyone, don't like it one tiny bit.
Those darn spas are so over priced that I hope no one supports them, if we are going to change things then lets go all the way and change things for the better.Time to make life more fair for all and not just for a few.
We are very comfortable but then again we have lowered our expectations over the years.
As my husband says, we don't really have a dog in the fight, too old to care either way, have another 10 years to go or maybe just another 10 weeks, could even be just another 10 mins!
Not up to us when the plug is pullled. The young people or those with young people in their family should and will be raising the roof sooner or later if this continues and we never see an end to the control in site.I am sort of glad right now that we don't have grandchildren, I'd be a emotional wreck if we did. I'm sure the fear of the furture will do more people in then an invisible boogie man.
Sorry for the rant, sometimes the old rebel in me pops up.

Abouth having RA before the 6 numbers on your ID, no clue what it means either.
Could be a way of filing papers for the immigration system?
My husband said his AH was a filing system probably with the H meaning he is Hungarian. With me having AK it is a filing system with the K being a HU word for Foriegner.
I asked him to please finish up my HU citizenship form soon. Then again , I may get the bot since I amtoo expressive in sme of my views.Well, I hardly think anyone is listening to me and I am not a danger to anyone. Never going to change the world and I've stopped trying to.

I have to be clear, societies do not benefit from retirees they cost money (my wife and me can pay ourselves but still (apart from spending) we are not too useful. In general it would be good for societies if people were to die exactly at retirement age, after all cancer treatments, bowel complications etc create a lot of cost and in other countries like the Netherlands, home visits and care are also not exactly cheap. (Apart from the elderly homes). Lets be honest about this, aging population costs money (sometimes paid by the retirees (the rich ones), sometimes by younger people.
However I am egositic and want to live (not at all cost though (mentally and physically), but even after retirement age being allowed to enjoy a good meal, a simple walk or even concert should be allowed (and not only for those who have cash).
Still I have to admit non-productive people like myself cost money. (In Hungary cheap health insurance, free transport, city council support, in eg Netherlands even more cost).
Than again I did contribute for various social schemes massively in the past and did not use any.

The "good" thing of Corona is that life expectancy has gone down, pensions in the Netherlands will not be pushed to a higher age for quite some time to come and perhaps I will even get my pension earlier. (Sad really)

I saw a sci-fi movie when I was very young (17/18) made a big impression on me exactly at a certain age (younger than 65) people died (some type of tool or just genes). No health issues upon that age and clearly not after, considering the overpopulation of the world bodies were re-processed to make some sweets or other foods. It really sounds extremely cruel, but also practical (who knows where this world will go).
The sad thing is that in general (including myself) people loose part of their brain/motivation over time, I would say post 45/50 we are not as useful as we used to be.

cdw057 wrote:

I have to be clear, societies do not benefit from retirees they cost money (my wife and me can pay ourselves but still (apart from spending) we are not too useful. In general it would be good for societies if people were to die exactly at retirement age, after all cancer treatments, bowel complications etc create a lot of cost and in other countries like the Netherlands, home visits and care are also not exactly cheap. (Apart from the elderly homes). Lets be honest about this, aging population costs money (sometimes paid by the retirees (the rich ones), sometimes by younger people.
However I am egositic and want to live (not at all cost though (mentally and physically), but even after retirement age being allowed to enjoy a good meal, a simple walk or even concert should be allowed (and not only for those who have cash).
Still I have to admit non-productive people like myself cost money. (In Hungary cheap health insurance, free transport, city council support, in eg Netherlands even more cost).
Than again I did contribute for various social schemes massively in the past and did not use any.

Might not work in industrialised society but fundamentally we're hardly different from our ancestors who lived in caves.   

Some years ago I read there were anthropological reasons for older people to continue within family units - mainly to help with the raising of the younger ones, act as reservoir of knowledge and ensure continuity of the group.  One has to think about the menopause - perhaps both male and female - one of the theories was that it evolved to allow the menopausal persons to concentrate on contributing survival of the next couple of generations without concentrating on reproduction.  So being "retired" or just older may not necessarily mean being useless.

If we're going to die at retirement age, I'd have liked all the money upfront so I could enjoy it while young and then of course have nothing left upon expiry!

BTW, dying at retirement age sounds like the plot of Logan's Run.

Marilyn Tassy wrote:

The more they push these shots the more we are suspious.
Since when does the gov. care if one lives or dies?
Soon, I have to go into my GP for her to sign off on my upcoming lab work and EKG.
Need those ready in case I get the call for my eye surgery.
We will ask her more about jabs at that time.
I'm on the fence about the whole thing.
Some people swear most people are just getting water injections and those who got the real deal are the ones who are having bad recations. Others say it is a micro chip that will be activated once 5 G millimeter wave signals are up and fully running. Others say we will need booster shots and those are the shots that will target certain bodily organs and do people in.
I think I need to step away from U tube for a short time!!
Oh yes, could just be the mark of the beast!...

I think it is more mind control and to see who will follow orders.
Something big is coming, maybe a digital money system, maybe a population reduction or  something else.

I think it's time to just stop reading that stuff.  Just adds to daily stress.  There's no logical reason why microchips would be inserted into people nor has 5G got anything to do with it.  Why would anyone want to zap people with 5G radio signals.  Everyone is bombarded with radio signals all the time, man made or from space.  Been like that since the world began.

Digital money is here to stay.   One of the great things about cash is that it's anonymous.   Digital cash is of course traceable.  You can imagine criminals like cash more than digital money.  Maybe they like Bitcoin.

The government definitely doesn't care if an individual lives or dies but in a democracy the politicians care that if they screw the population they are going to get voted out for messing it up.   I am sure they'll accept non-voting drones equally well so long as they retain power for themselves.   

There is a megalomania which usually affects  politicians as they get stale in coming up with the latest and greatest. Usually they get this arrogance and delusion that "only they know best" and the country cannot survive without the incumbent ruling class holding the reins.

But if they really wanted to do people in, they could just collect them off the street and shoot them - Stalin style.   They wouldn't get away with it for that long as people will eventually compare notes and  know their Laszlo bácsi just disappeared and the government was implicated. 

It'd end up with civil war as the opposition would eventually become organised and fight back until one side wins.  I can see it playing out in real time in Burma/Myanmar. I have some contacts  there and that's the direction it's going in now.  Weirdly, civil war unites factions there - the enemy of my enemy is my friend and all that.   

Population reduction - the Earth is a closed and carefully balanced system.  It's eventually going to take care of the abuse the humans put out and bring it back into balance even if it means we'll need to be replaced by intelligent cockroaches.

I tend to agree with you.
I watch way too much U tube.
My cousin in NM is a prepper and is always bugging me about prepping.
He is a 62 year old 300 lbs plus single man who lives off the US gov. What on earth is he woorried about, so far uncle Sam has held his hand for more years then he ever worked.
To much time on his hands I suppose.
Yes, my husband has a very old friend from childhood more then 65 years they have known each other.
Long story but the guy is a total ,"maglomanic"not enough he has so much money now from all sorts of different businesses in the area of lake Velencia he now is into politics. All his connections are with the local police and gov. people. He built almost all the local markets in the area with his work crew, funny , we never knew he went to college to be an engineer, never even knew he could rub two sticks together let alone mix building materials...
He owns so much commercial property in the area .
We no longer stop by to say hello when in the area, just too weird now to remember how he used to be and how he has changed.

Heard that HU is getting about 25,000 doses of different vax's sn, Moderna,Pfizer and Astra whatever... Maybe those will work out for us for future travle without a hassle?
Things are changing every week, this Friday they say 4 million will of been dsed up and things will open again... So they say at least.

Marilyn Tassy wrote:

I tend to agree with you.
I watch way too much U tube.
My cousin in NM is a prepper and is always bugging me about prepping.
He is a 62 year old 300 lbs plus single man who lives off the US gov. What on earth is he worried about, so far uncle Sam has held his hand for more years then he ever worked.
To much time on his hands I suppose.
Yes, my husband has a very old friend from childhood more then 65 years they have known each other.
Long story but the guy is a total ,"megiolomanic"not enough he has so much money now from all sorts of different businesses in the area of lake Velence he now is into politics. All his connections are with the local police and gov. people. He built almost all the local markets in the area with his work crew, funny , we never knew he went to college to be an engineer, never even knew he could rub two sticks together let alone mix building materials...
He owns so much commercial property in the area .
We no longer stop by to say hello when in the area, just too weird now to remember how he used to be and how he has changed.

Heard that HU is getting about 25,000 doses of different vax soon, Moderna, Pfizer and Astra whatever... Maybe those will work out for us for future travel without a hassle?
Things are changing every week, this Friday they say 4 million will of been dosed up and things will open again... So they say at least.

Well, of course the prime example around of getting in with the politicians is that Meszaros bloke beloved by O1G.   Apparently this (click here) is his house in District XII. Something  of a palace.

Preppers maybe is sensible if you live in Alaska out in the middle of nowhere but around here, in the burbs of Budapest, it seems like there's nothing much going on.  Might be a zombie apocalypse around the corner or it's already happened and I didn't notice.  I would rather like to live out in the middle of nowhere but I don't think I could manage in the short term without the Internet.  But in the zombie meltdown, if I didn't get eaten, I reckon I'd do quite well. Certainly would be a change for the kids not to be on their phones.  Not that I'm wishing for that anytime soon. 

We registered myself for the foreigner programme using a throwaway e-mail address but so far, nothing at all.  Maybe they'll send something out on Monday.   I am certainly not taking anything unapproved by the EMA as it's useless for travel.  They might give you Russian or Chinese vaccines and lie to you.  They did that to Mrs Fluffy's cousin.

fluffy2560 wrote:

We registered myself for the foreigner programme using a throwaway e-mail address but so far, nothing at all.  Maybe they'll send something out on Monday.   I am certainly not taking anything unapproved by the EMA as it's useless for travel.  They might give you Russian or Chinese vaccines and lie to you.  They did that to Mrs Fluffy's cousin.

Glad to hear the program is working, at least the sign-up bit.  Were you able to specify which vaccine you wanted?  Completely agree, will not knowingly accept any vaccine unapproved by EMA and the US. 

Also, curious how Mrs Fluffy's cousin knows they were lied to!  That's our concern as well... a bait and switch. 

And one more thing we are worried about... that our daughter will be forced to be vaccinated in high school (with who knows what), and we won't have any say about it.

Junior Street wrote:
fluffy2560 wrote:

Glad to hear the program is working, at least the sign-up bit.  Were you able to specify which vaccine you wanted?  Completely agree, will not knowingly accept any vaccine unapproved by EMA and the US. 

Also, curious how Mrs Fluffy's cousin knows they were lied to!  That's our concern as well... a bait and switch. 

And one more thing we are worried about... that our daughter will be forced to be vaccinated in high school (with who knows what), and we won't have any say about it.

We've also got a kid in high school and 16-18 years olds are indeed up for the jab as well.   EMA approval has to be the way to go.  Don't forget, kids MUST be vaccinated to attend school here.  No vaccination, no school.  You can of course take your daughter to a GP and you have more control  and the right paperwork. Mrs Fluffy says all kids will get the Pfizer vaccine.

We managed to sign up online but what it actually produces any action is another matter.   Might not do anything at all.    There was no way to specify an acceptable vaccine. If it comes to anything at all, it could be we turn up and it's a fait accompli - take it or leave it.   I'd leave it if it's not a Western one and I want to see the actual packets it came out of.  I can go back to the mothership and have complete choice.

I heavily favour the AZ version because it's the lowest common denominator amongst all vaccines and likely to be the most widely accepted across the world.   Countries without significant health care systems always defer to the WHO vaccine approvals so I'm OK to be guided by that. 

Mrs Fluffy's cousin said to the Doc she wanted AZ or Pfizer and they agreed to that.  When she got home, she looked on the paper and saw it was Sputnik.  She phoned the Doc and all they said was "oops".   They cannot make that mistake so easily.  Conclusion is they lied.

Update:

Mrs Fluffy called the vaccine HQ today and got the following story. 

Because they opened up the vaccine availability to everyone, the system crashed.  Partially this was because the government had been promoting Pfizer for everyone. 

People therefore ignored the registration system and just went to the vaccination centres and large queues formed.

Unfortunately the reality is that as of this morning foreigners cannot get the vaccine or make an appointment for it.

fluffy2560 wrote:

Update:

Mrs Fluffy called the vaccine HQ today and got the following story. 

Because they opened up the vaccine availability to everyone, the system crashed.  Partially this was because the government had been promoting Pfizer for everyone. 

People therefore ignored the registration system and just went to the vaccination centres and large queues formed.

Unfortunately the reality is that as of this morning foreigners cannot get the vaccine or make an appointment for it.

I saw some of those lines when that happened.  I didn't realize what was going on at the time... did not realize it was a rush on Pfizer.  Does not bode well for getting access to western vaccines... it's what everyone else seems to be waiting for!  Especially with the news that most European countries won't accept anything less.  Maybe that situation will change.  Maybe not. 

Even though you can't make an appointment yet, I hope your registration is still accepted and valid and will lead to something. 

Looks like everyone in my family in the US has been vaccinated.  Several people are encouraging me to go to the US to get vaccinated.  It's bizarre to them that a US vaccination would not entitle me to go to a restaurant or a museum in Hungary.  How to explain?   Just need to be patient a bit longer...

Junior Street wrote:

Even though you can't make an appointment yet, I hope your registration is still accepted and valid and will lead to something. 

Looks like everyone in my family in the US has been vaccinated.  Several people are encouraging me to go to the US to get vaccinated.  It's bizarre to them that a US vaccination would not entitle me to go to a restaurant or a museum in Hungary.  How to explain?   Just need to be patient a bit longer...

As I said, it might be vaccine theatre cum summer stock (just in time for the season)  "Perhaps it's Much Ado about Nothing", "Is this a needle I see before me?"  or maybe "All's well that ends well".

I hate to say it but for such a well read and educated people (measure: numbers of books Hungarians appear to have in their houses), there's a problem here in Hungary that the level of political discourse is quite basic, not very sophisticated and some weird acceptance of agendas are pushed by one person.   It's so superficial.

While all the "mature" countries are concerned with people's rights and anti-discrimination and made policy on it, Hungary has not had that level of debate as far as I have seen. 

I think it's only just dawning on some people - including Mrs Fluffy - that  Hungarians and their foreign family members would be refused access to some family places because they don't have an acceptable vaccination card.

Went this morning to get some lab tests done at my local hospital.
There was an area that looked like it was the vax section.
I had wanted to poke around but my husband just wanted to get out ASAP.
He said we should just wait and see what happens.
I know they were suppose to have different groups getting jabs in order.
First was those such as doctrs EMT's and dentists.
Then people living in nursing homes then those over age 65 then those in their mid years to age 65. Then younger.
I heard the stats for HU are those over age 65 being vaxed is already around 90%. I sort of doubt it is that high a number.
Our neighbor over age 65 is also waiting it out to see what's up.
Speaking of being,"paranoid" one of my long time U tubbers is a guy from S.Ca. who is against everything the gov does.
He has a few degrees under is belt, a large family of 4 children and a Korean wife. He makes you think about everything as if they really are out to get each of us.
One of his latest posts was asking why we must even register for a vax. In the past at least in the US one could just walk into any medical clinic or even a public pharmacy and ask for a flu shot without waiting.
He says they have you register and wait to fix up a "special dose" depending on your age, politics,address, income levels ect. They want to remove some people and what better way then to just take them out and blame the boogie man.
He is over the top but then again who knows for sure.
The Fullerton Informer . He has a history of fighting in his local city halls for everything from school books to vaxing children even before C-19 started.He was running for public office in his town years back too. Spent time putting flyers on cars and holding up signs in front of schools to warn parents about the agendas being taught in schools.
A trouble maker in his town for sure.
Anyways, the line for vaxes today in the hospital didn't seem very long, perhaps people have appointments , military were all over the place though inside the hospital asking why are you here ect.

Hello fluffy,

Please keep us posted.

In my case, it's not the e-mail address that's the problem, but the fact that I do not have a TAJ szam.

So it all depends on whether the news that I quoted is true or fake.

Hopefully Hungary will start vaccinating all residents, regardless of whether they have insurance or not.
Thanks

markons wrote:

Hello fluffy,

Please keep us posted.

In my case, it's not the e-mail address that's the problem, but the fact that I do not have a TAJ szam.

So it all depends on whether the news that I quoted is true or fake.

Hopefully Hungary will start vaccinating all residents, regardless of whether they have insurance or not.
Thanks

We're all in the same boat on the TAJ number.   All residents with all the cards but no access.

I have a parallel fight with the NEAK (Health Fund) to get a TAJ number but I won't be so wound up about it so much if I actually get the complete set of vaccinations.  It might work out one way or another.

Mrs Fluffy said that Cecilia Muller the somewhat tongue-tied Chief Medical Officer in HU said that they'd start vaccinating foreigners Tuesday 4th.  No link to triangulate that statement.  Believe it when I see it.

The e-mail address is important - it must not be registered twice.  Mrs Fluffy had registered me before using her TAJ number but there's no way to delete it and re-register as a foreigner.  So we had to make another throwaway address just so I could be registered as a foreigner.  Despite Mrs Fluffy registering me, we have no confirmation e-mail and there's no sign of being included in the list.

Just bad and untested IT design.

- There is confirmation on hungarytoday.hu etc, that vac is open to foreigners as o Tuesday, 4 may: hungarytoday.hu/coronavirus.../ (this was confirmed by a medical worker we know.)

- There is a registration form for foreigners onhttps://vakcinainfo.gov.hu/
However I don't know if this gives you access to the appointment booking system, and pick vaccine? (could someone who has done it, confirm?)

-  But the  EESZT appointment booking site, still requires a Taj card at the moment: eeszt.gov.hu/

- For myself (no Taj card) it is important to have confirmation that I get something that is on the EMA list (and hopefully a vac passport), as I need it to get to my parents in my home country.

I signed up for getting vaccinated on the site today.  And as others have noted, I was not given access to any appointment booking, nor was I able to make any choice about which vaccine I prefer; also did not receive any confirmation email at all.  Will just wait and see what happens next.  I've done what I can do.    There was a note that vaccinations will not be offered on a first-come, first-served basis, but will based on other criteria.  Given that the only information they asked for was my age, I assume that is the criteria they will use.  Happy to be in a queue somewhere, at last.  But if I am not offered a vaccine approved in the US, I have to say no.  Fingers crossed this goes smoothly.

Junior Street wrote:

I signed up for getting vaccinated on the site today.  And as others have noted, I was not given access to any appointment booking, nor was I able to make any choice about which vaccine I prefer; also did not receive any confirmation email at all.  Will just wait and see what happens next.  I've done what I can do.    There was a note that vaccinations will not be offered on a first-come, first-served basis, but will based on other criteria.  Given that the only information they asked for was my age, I assume that is the criteria they will use.  Happy to be in a queue somewhere, at last.  But if I am not offered a vaccine approved in the US, I have to say no.  Fingers crossed this goes smoothly.

Mrs Fluffy and I  both tried to register me this morning and the Register button is greyed out.   We tried multiple browsers versions (IE9, Firefox, Edge etc) and multiple combinations of various registration documents.  No way to actually submit a registration.  Maybe it crashed.  Mrs Fluffy said she'd call them and find out what is going on.

If anyone would have a choice of a place to get a vaccine, I recommend Jahn Ferenc hospital in district XX.
While people waited 2.5 hours for Pfizer in the central districts, our hospital avoided madness and the entire procedure was taking ca 20 minutes (come in, fill in the paper, get a jab, wait 15 minutes for any adverse reactions).

Update:

Mrs Fluffy called the helpline and technical issues are dealt with separately.   

I tried turning all sorts of things to make it work, putting in different forms of data, using the HU version of the site and nothing works.

As a bit of interest, I looked at the source code for the web pages and it looks like the register button sends the data to: eeszt which is their appointment booking site.   

I don't think they've thought this through properly.

fluffy2560 wrote:

... the Register button is greyed out.   We tried ... multiple combinations of various registration documents.

I see from your next post that you are technical yourself, and that you tried multiple combinations, so this is probably not of help to you. But just as an extra datapoint;  I also had the greyed out button, though admittedly didn't notice that the form structure is:

'Residency permit number' ...OR... 'Personal identity number'
                        AND
'Personal identity document number' ...OR... 'Passport number'

The button did become accessible for me with an identity number from my address card (11 digits, no other characters), and my passport number (plus the rest of the form including the checkboxes etc), but only after i had typed things for the second time it seemed.

[edit] also I don't know if there is a check for this, but at first I had written my name 'firstname lastname', instead of the required 'lastname, firstname' format (see the (i)) on the form).

darrom wrote:
fluffy2560 wrote:

... the Register button is greyed out.   We tried ... multiple combinations of various registration documents.

I see from your next post that you are technical yourself, and that you tried multiple combinations, so this is probably not of help to you. But just as an extra datapoint;  I also had the greyed out button, though admittedly didn't notice that the form structure is:

'Residency permit number' ...OR... 'Personal identity number'
                        AND
'Personal identity document number' ...OR... 'Passport number'

The button did become accessible for me with an identity number from my address card (11 digits, no other characters), and my passport number (plus the rest of the form including the checkboxes etc), but only after i had typed things for the second time it seemed.

[edit] also I don't know if there is a check for this, but at first I had written my name 'firstname lastname', instead of the required 'lastname, firstname' format (see the (i)) on the form).

Success!

Thanks for the post, it was really helpful.   I tried a few different combinations and found this worked:

Name as on the address card  AND
The number from the registration card (Brexit folk have an EEA registration card not permit) AND
Passport number

So the button worked thereafter but no acknowledgement in the e-mail inbox.

So it's not very good as design - the Or part doesn't work and they haven't got the logic right.

I tried adding and removing various fields to see which greyed out the button and it seemed the only two working for me are permit number and passport.  Address card  number didn't do anything.

Latest from HU government vaccine HQ:

"The vaccination program is going well and this will allow us to move on to another stage. Vaccination for people between the ages of 16 and 18 will begin next week.

In this case, too, registration is required. Therefore, young people between the ages of 16 and 18 and their parents requesting vaccination are asked to register on www.vakcinainfo.gov.hu ​​by 7 May (Friday of this week) if they have not already done so. After registration, it will be possible to book an online appointment for one of the next week's vaccination dates, and those concerned will be notified separately.

It is important to know that validly registered 16 and 17 year olds will also need to bring a parental consent statement for vaccination.

There are enough vaccines available in Hungary, so every citizen can apply for the vaccine. We encourage you to encourage your family members and acquaintances between the ages of 16 and 18 to do the same. Vaccines save lives and help us get back to our normal lives."

Nothing on foreigners registration.  We tried to get an appointment today using TAJ number 00000000 but does not recognise that possibility.

fluffy2560 wrote:

Nothing on foreigners registration.  We tried to get an appointment today using TAJ number 00000000 but does not recognise that possibility.

According to today's government's briefing, foreigners can't make an appointment yet due to technical difficulties, but they're working on it: https://telex.hu/belfold/2021/05/06/a-k … a-kormanyt

atomheart wrote:
fluffy2560 wrote:

According to today's government's briefing, foreigners can't make an appointment yet due to technical difficulties, but they're working on it: https://telex.hu/belfold/2021/05/06/a-k … a-kormanyt

Good information.

Shame they didn't test it beforehand.

Update:

Mrs Fluffy phoned the vaccine info people yesterday and established that:

1) The government has not decided how the vaccine will be rolled out to foreigners, i.e. the practical steps.   

2) The software issues on how to make an appointment has not been resolved.   They seem to have announced it but had not actually had the software in place.

3)  Only 16 year olds born before May 21 are eligible in the 16-18 year old vaccination programme.

Of course,  this is what  they said on the phone yesterday so whether it's true today or tomorrow is anyone's guess.

fluffy2560 wrote:

Update:

Mrs Fluffy phoned the vaccine info people yesterday and established that:

1) The government has not decided how the vaccine will be rolled out to foreigners, i.e. the practical steps.   

2) The software issues on how to make an appointment has not been resolved.   They seem to have announced it but had not actually had the software in place.

3)  Only 16 year olds born before May 21 are eligible in the 16-18 year old vaccination programme.

Of course,  this is what  they said on the phone yesterday so whether it's true today or tomorrow is anyone's guess.

Thank you for the update!  Was hoping to be contacted early next week about next steps, but maybe I won't hold my breath. These things can be complicated to sort out.  Perhaps it's now all just a bit too complicated.

Junior Street wrote:

.... can be complicated to sort out.  Perhaps it's now all just a bit too complicated.

I think you're right - way too complicated.  It doesn't need to be so complicated at all.  Probably it's mainly propaganda rather than substance - announced it but then do nothing.  Possibly there was international criticism. Perhaps the government person using the brain cell that day realised foreigners are potentially important to the country.   

My own Plan A is to get the jab here but that seems indeterminate.    More solid is the Plan B is to return to my home country (UK) for the jab.  I will go when the travel restrictions are eased there - possibly early June.  Primarily it's the cost of testing and the quarantine issues. However, Hungary is a hotspot so might not be included in opening up despite the vaccination rate. In the UK, vaccination has more or less stopped it all with almost no-one dying.  Death rate here is huge (actual data here).

BTW, we're already experiencing some discrimination on not having the vaccination card.   We were intending to participate in a bit of a family event down at Balaton but I cannot join in as it would have involved being at a restaurant.    Overall it seems a bit risky anyway.   But not having a vaccination certificate has put the kibosh on it for me.

Kids are back at school now which is better for their social development but they can easily bring it home and give it to me.

I received my first jab in March, waiting on the 2nd in June.
After registering, I received a text message for the appointment 3 days before the date. The next day they sent another message saying they are cancelling the appointment due to lack of vaccine. Then 2 weeks later received another text with info to go get the jab 2 days before the date. Went to the centre, huge crowds of people, but I got my first AZ jab. I asked if they would send me a message for an appt for the June jab, and they said yes. So I am waiting now. I do have a TAJ #.
The French Embassy sent out an Email to confirm that foreigners without a TAJ # can still get the jab through registration, but I cannot confirm that process obviously.

Stay well, be healthy, wish you all the best because we are in this together!

My husband thinks those rushing to spas, restaruants and muesums are wreckless even if they have been jabbed.
We don't attend these events much, spas were nice but they started to get overcrowded and overpriced.
Rather use a natural lake or river to chill out in.
I personally believe people can protect themselves by keeping up the iron levels in their blood and making sure they don't allow this "virus" to stress them out too much.
Rest, relax and it will pass in time.
Getting one's self worked up over nt being allwed to do this or that isn't ging to help.
Just don't forget who is forcing this on us, their time will come when they will have to answer for their crimes against society.
People being forced inside, people losing their jobs and people not being allowed to travel freely.
Too much control means they are covering up their crimes.
We kept paying for our Taj but so far they can keep their jab, if I do decide it's time to play the game, I'd like to pick my own poison.

For our American expat friends:

Americans living abroad are asking Washington to send surplus coronavirus shots to overseas embassies so they can get a vaccine in countries where the pace of inoculations is slow and travelling home is difficult.