Daily life in France during the COVID-19

Hello everyone,
The current lockdown is changing and transforming the daily life of everyone living in France. Let us see together the rules regarding that confinement and how they evolve.

Since Tuesday March 17th from 12pm, and for at least the next 2 weeks, displacements and travels are banned except for the following:
Going to work (if working from home is impossible)
Buying groceries (food and basic products only)
Going to a healthcare professional
Taking care of children or vulnerable people
Engaging in some physical exercise (close to home and individually)

Important documents: you absolutely need to fulfill an attestation if you have to go outside, you can either print it or simply hand write it

Personal certificate
Employer certificate

Take care everyone!

Although I don't live in France, I do have three grown up children living in Paris and one in the Alpes. The ones in Paris say it's very scary right at this moment. One has had to stop working due to his job type but still gets his minimum wage. My daughter works in IT so can work from home, and another who is a student is now staying at home.

The measures outlined above are pretty much the same as those in the UK. Really hope this pandemic will end as quickly as possible, but fear it is going to continue for a few more months.

I hope you can have news from your family often.
Take care.

Yes Helene, thanks for asking.

I am very concerned about them all. Some of them actually planned to visit me here in Indonesia this Spring/Summer but obviously have had to put everything on hold. I really hope that they get this pandemic under control within the next three months or so. It really is creating chaos for so many people.