Can I convert my EG visa to an ER visa?

Hi,

I'm in Siem Reap on an EG visa. Its my first EG visa and it expires on the 28th March.

I obtained my EG visa on the basis that I might start a business here. However, I'm not sure that I will, and if I do, I'll be pushed for time to do it within the next 6 months (believe I can renew my EG for another 6 months and if I haven't done anything by then, I'll have to leave).

So I'm thinking a better option would be to convert my EG to an ER (if possible). And if I can do that, could I convert my ER back to an EG (if I want to start a business at a later date)?

I'm a digital nomad receiving funds on a monthly basis from the UK. With an ER I would need to continue to do that. I'm a 55-year-old Brit.

Thanks,

Mark

Hi Mark.

You can get an ER extension of stay based on your age.

You cannot convert back to an EG,  but you can convert to an EB in case you found a job or started your own business.

Cheers

Joe

Great, thanks Joe!

Do I need to leave the country on my current EG, and apply for an ER upon my return, or can I just find an agent to do it, without leaving the country?

Mark

You can do in country,  no need to leave.

Have a reliable agent,  that's all.

Cheers

Joe

Thanks again, Joe!

Joe, thanks again for your advice here and the additional advice you provided when I PM'd you today.

It's not the first time you've come up trumps, for me. When I arrived 6 months ago, I was in a bit of a pickle, and the advice you shared then was contrary to what everyone else was telling me. For some reason I went with your suggestions (I'm smart too 😊), and everything went without a hitch.

You're worth you weight in gold to this forum!

Wow Mark, that is a nice post of you, it took me awhile before my face went back from blush to normal  :D

My weight in gold? I would be careful with that, as right now with high prices for gold and considering my body weight it would be a very expensive deal.

But I know what you mean, it's highly appreciated.

I always try to help people with correct and sound info. Some people follow that up, some listen to hearsay and sometimes things go wrong or become more expensive through hearsay follow up.

I'm glad I could help you a few times and make your life a little easier.

Thanks again for your friendly message, it makes me feel I'm doing the right things.

Cheers

Joe