Exit/ Re-entry for dual national

Hi, I am a dual national holding Pakistani and British passports. I have Saudi residence (Iqama) card made on my Pakistani passport. Now I want to visit UK for a short trip. I will obtain exit/ entry visa on my Pakistani passport. My question is whether airline and Saudi immigration staff will allow me to travel to UK as I have valid British passport?? or there is a need to obtain UK visa on my Pakistani passport? I am asking this question because Saudi Arabia doesn't allow dual nationality and may not recognize my British passport as a valid document to travel there.

Hey.

I'd like to preface this by saying that I'm not an expert but:
foremost, most easiest solution is to update your Iqama to UK passport. [for ease in future]

moving on; The Exit-Reentry Visa is, as the name implies, just for Saudi Arabia. It is your visa to exit or to enter Saudi Arabia [with a valid Iqama/Permanent Residence Card]

Airlines would ensure that you're eligible to travel to UK, and hence you can show your UK passport AT the booking/ticketing counter of the airlines [where you get your boarding pass]. Once you've got a boarding pass, it's all clear. [Maybe they can check back on UK, but that isn't an issue, just show your UK passport there.]

Once you've got your boarding pass, at the Saudi Airport, just put out your Pakistani Passport, Iqama and Exit-Reentry with the Boarding Pass. Do not show UK passport here [not that it'd be troublesome, just, might create hinderance]. They'd stamp Exit on your Pakistani Passport.

UK's only concern should be that either you're eligible to enter UK or not, which you are.
Saudi's only concern should be that you hold a valid exit visa, and on return, a valid re-entry visa.

Once you return to Saudi, just put out Pakistani passport with Iqama and Exit-Reentry again, don't show UK passport.

So don't worry at all. Hope that helps!

First of all, Saudi not recognizing dual nationality really only applies to Saudi nationals.  They don't care about you :).

Secondly, all immigration are concerned with is whether or not you can exit the country.  The only time eligibility to travel to a location is checked, is by the airline staff at the check-in and boarding counters where you can show both passports.   I do this all the time.   Never had an issue.

Thanks bro thats quite logical but you know anything can happen here, infact I am new in Saudia dont want to run into any trouble.

XTang wrote:

First of all, Saudi not recognizing dual nationality really only applies to Saudi nationals.  They don't care about you :).

Secondly, all immigration are concerned with is whether or not you can exit the country.  The only time eligibility to travel to a location is checked, is by the airline staff at the check-in and boarding counters where you can show both passports.   I do this all the time.   Never had an issue.

Thanks bro, I was just looking for someone having experience of this thing like yourself. Would you advise me to declare both passports at the time of reservation with airline?

No.  I usually just hand over my Iqama passport and when they ask for UK visa, I hand over the other passport.  I avoid handing over both at same time as the data in their system to show exit from Saudi, should be on the Iqama passport - and I don't want them to mess it up.

XTang wrote:

No.  I usually just hand over my Iqama passport and when they ask for UK visa, I hand over the other passport.  I avoid handing over both at same time as the data in their system to show exit from Saudi, should be on the Iqama passport - and I don't want them to mess it up.

Thanks again, so kind of you.