Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)

I hope you are right, Robal.

yea in regards to gold. there is not enough physical gold in america anymore, we had american portfolios trying to buy canadian due to the lack of physical in america a few months back - didnt really follow the situation since than so precious metals would be , but thats were im unsure of the market here in brazil

Foz has now said the proposed partial opening of some business' has been "tabled". One new case yesterday is a 29 YO who appears to have been in contact with another residence of Foz at a small gathering.
All other case that have been investigated were from those who traveled from SP or international.
We were at 29 positive cases for 4 days...........So stay at home remains in effect.
Also issue is test kits and backlog of tests in Curitiba

Gold is available in physical, just shipping and the Premium...I have allways taken posse ion of the metals..never deal with paper contracts...the  thing is to always take physical possession.  I have bought my metals through customs the secret I am a collector..the value on the coin is the value, now the weight is the key...lol...I heard one ounce of silver will buy 6 months of groceries in Venezuela. .li am not going there to find out...lol

Studies done in Rio Grande do Sul shows COVID-19 cases in Brazil is 7 times more than the officially registered incidence.

https://br.noticias.yahoo.com/n%C3%BAme … 00298.html

robal

With ideas similar to President Bolsonaro, Turkey has 65,000 confirmed cases of COVID-19, 1,400 dead. President Tayyip Erdogan lets its citizens of ages 20-65 free to conduct daily activities with a mask in public and ages below and above the range should stay at home. Health minister Fahrettin Roca of Turkey and health minister Luiz Henrique Mandetta of Brazil has similar principles of complete isolation to contain COVID-19.

https://br.yahoo.com/noticias/ideias-si … 36351.html

robal

The majority of the justices of Brazil´s Supreme Court in favor of letting mayors and governors administer and regulate their respective jurisdictions with regards to COVID-19 isolation and containment - not the federal govt or for that matter Bolsonaro:

https://br.yahoo.com/noticias/com-recad … 00386.html

robal

Adding to the problems, Itaipu Hydrogenation ,the world's largest generator of renewable clean energy, has stop producing electricity due to lake levels are so low. Itaipu produces 20% of Brazil electricity and 80% of Paraguay.
The Iguacu Falls (AR and BR) is barely a "trickle".   Many tour companies and guides are trying to sell vans and cars during a time when no one can afford gasoline.
The local fishing companies are shut down.
Local news show numerous boats, and cars have been exposed.
The rivers are so low many are trying to cross the rivers.
Hoping for rain in MGS and MG states.

Even in Rio Grande do Sul, it hasn´t been raining for quite a while. Maybe today, it´s cloudy.

A quick update of COVID-19 at the state of São Paulo:

1. Average of 60 deaths per day. Thursday alone had 75 new deaths.
2. 100 hospital confinement per day.
3. Of the 11,568 confirmed cases, 2,300 are at the hospital.
4. Gender deaths - Men: 507    Women: 346
5. 79% of the dead are 60 or more of age.

Thanks.

robal

The state of Amazonas has now 303cases/million - more the 2x the national average of
111cases/million. At their biggest cemetery daily burials increased from 20 (year 2019) to 50 daily since last Sunday.

robal

The city of Rio de Janeiro has at this time 37 patients in line for COVID-19 ICU in public hospitals. Of the 619 beds that the city has, only 8 is available - all for children!

Post mortem (autopsy) done on Coronavirus deaths yielded evidence of blood clots (thrombosis) in the lungs´blood vessels and brain inflammation aside from the usual
pneumonia.

interesting about the south ....Here in Bahia, the area has incurred the most rain in 30 years during the rainy season ...The Sao Fransisco river has been way above its banks ... its just amazing how green the entire countryside has become, this area is normally brown and ocre ....the roads have developed bus-eating potholes ...nearly all the electricity here is generated by the river so no worries at all .... the cattle and donkeys all look fat and happy ....

Should you be complaining of health care in Brazil? South Sudan has 4 ventilators, 24 ICU beds with a 12 million population!

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/04/18/afri … index.html

robal

One broadway actor has just his right leg amputated due to a blood clot caused by complications of the Coronavirus. Post mortem exams also showed evidence of blood clots in the lungs. It does now imply it also messes up with the coagulation process of the circulatory system. Brain inflammation... I wonder also if it´s because of the virus entrance into the blood-brain barrier or due to the overall flood of cytokines by the exaggerated immune response.

Trump ? re-elected ? lol !!!!! Not gonna happen . Only if complete Democratic voter suppression is able to "rig" the election . Stable Genius hard at work watching Fox all day .... Yeah ,that works so well .... I guess he learned at Warton, that Bankruptcy (5 of them ,iirc) is the preferred method of Business success .....

jamman wrote:

Trump ? re-elected ? lol !!!!! Not gonna happen . Only if complete Democratic voter suppression is able to "rig" the election . Stable Genius hard at work watching Fox all day .... Yeah ,that works so well .... I guess he learned at Warton, that Bankruptcy (5 of them ,iirc) is the preferred method of Business success .....

WTFace...how did this get posted...lol..

Trump 2020 , its gonna happen...

I´m sure the moderator will give one more space on this topic... :D

Commented known "qualities" of the electable Uncle Joe: :lol:https://www.yahoo.com/news/vote-joe-bid … 25932.htmlhttps://www.yahoo.com/news/biden-stumbl … 59533.html

robal

Not enough testing. Brazil likely has 12 times more coronavirus cases than official count, study finds

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-heal … SKCN21V1X1

Clinicians trying to untangle increased blood clots in COVID-19 patients:

!. Doctors reason that due to chronic pre-existing conditions like diabetes, cardiovascular diseases and high blood pressure, COVID-19 patients tend to clot more.

2. The "cytokine storm" episode as an immunologic response to SARS-CoV-2 invasion
contributes to patients developing in-vivo coagulation processes.

3. There´s a subset of COVID-19 patients that tend to clot more readily than others.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/21/health/b … index.html

robal

Covid  Toe.....something new..scary..Dermatology Problems...

UN is warning that the Coronavirus pandemic will drag an additional 130 million people to the brink of starvation. Conflict, a global economic recession, a decline in aid and the collapse of oil prices are factors likely to lead to vast food shortages. 10 countries has more than 1 million people already on the brink of starvation and in a worst case scenario could escalate to 3 dozen countries.

It looks like more people could possibly die from the economic impact of COVID-19 than from the virus itself.

robal

Alascana wrote:

Covid  Toe.....something new..scary..Dermatology Problems...

Well yeah if there´s a clot in your big toe, of course you would have dermatologic problems in that area like peeling of the skin and even necrosis depicting a thrombo-dermatologic anomaly/hardening of a peripheral organ if it climbs where the sun don´t shine errr one of your most precious tools. Ha ha .  :lol: Kidding...

Here in Juazerio,  the Mayor has Closed all Open Air Markets except one as it is the Central Hub  until May 2...

I kept a food storage unit when I lived in Belem Para, and the family would laugh and joke of Brasil no Problem Food,  yet with Transportation  of Food to Marker , it maybe a day of  Reckoning for Beautiful Bountiful Brasil...

Just trying to Stay Prepared...

:/ Yes Resemblance of Frost Bite...

Yeah is true. Wife doesn't fully understand the concept of economic awareness. But still storing stuff for later use.  Bottled agua i think next month i might buy 20 20l bottles to last in upcoming months.

Mikeflanagan wrote:

Yeah is true. Wife doesn't fully understand the concept of economic awareness. But still storing stuff for later use.  Bottled agua i think next month i might buy 20 20l bottles to last in upcoming months.

Sure. Depending on where you´re located you might contemplate on drilling a well later when this thing calms down and return to normal.

Mikeflanagan wrote:

My Lady.👄 is getting with the program, she was accusing me of having a affair with one of 3 of the cashiers at the market for my 7 am run to the Supermarkets...lol.. :D ....Now she understands , I am retired and I shop any chance I get.. :one ....lmbo

But 7-8am is for 60 and above shopping here in RS due to COVID-19. Atacadão specifically has that hour. Unless of course she caught you with flirtatious attributes to one of them... :D

But I´ve been targeted many times by these cashiers at supermarkets. They see your ID
as you buy with CCs and they try every possible way to get to know you. Seriously. I hope
it´s not your case.

I noticed one of them has been stalking me from isle to isle as I was buying items. At one time one froze in front of me while I was looking at same items - her pretending to be seriously looking at the vegetables and abandoning her post. Just saying.

robal

Gradual opening up Sao Paulo May 11
Too soon to tell 3 weeks from now where there are with the curve.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-heal … SKCN2242Q8

Yeah me and my wife suffer with this in PE. We will go out and even though my wife is with me and my daughter. They are still trying to throw themselves at me lol. I try to limit the amount of times i go out alone because it's just as robal was saying stalkerish. They think we are just oozing riches.  :lol:

You see, I´ve seen a lot of Brazilian men married but have others by the side. Many women here don´t seem to mind as long as you give them the dough. There were 3 married women who proposed to me but of course they want to divorce before we go at it at the altar. I know of a Brazilian neighbor who has 2 wives. I had a proposition from 3 women friends who want to live together with me . So it´s common. Sorry again if I offended someone but I´m just telling my experiences.

robal

I shop all day and play the "Idoso" card . It works, I am just a fun loving guy and never show i.d. and rarely asked for C9F...then I play the "Estrange" card ..and if all else fails , that is when I speak Americano that's when they really back off...lol...I am good at the Supermarkets,  just bad with travel...lol....
Nothing is Reserved as far as shopping goes here...it is Reserved for the Wanna B a girlfriend or future Wife...it ain't gonna hapn...lol..

We have 9 reported here in Juazerio. ...Stay Healthy All...

Mikeflanagan wrote:

Yeah me and my wife suffer with this in PE. We will go out and even though my wife is with me and my daughter. They are still trying to throw themselves at me lol. I try to limit the amount of times i go out alone because it's just as robal was saying stalkerish. They think we are just oozing riches.  :lol:

I ooze and disappear...lol....they usally leave me alone for the  "NAG" North American Gringo is Serious and I will holler "Next"...lol........

Unless they have "Hand Sanitizer " then I may say ...ok...lol

robal wrote:

You see, I´ve seen a lot of Brazilian men married but have others by the side. Many women here don´t seem to mind as long as you give them the dough. There were 3 married women who proposed to me but of course they want to divorce before we go at it at the altar. I know of a Brazilian neighbor who has 2 wives. I had a proposition from 3
women friends who wants to live together with me . So it´s common.

robal

It seems the only women who mind the "Extra" is North American...lol..

Yes it seems common, yet with the Virus,, I am in no mood to be a "Commoner"...
I am wondering how many affairs are continuing with the virus?

I bet there's a lot of Unhappy Hubands,Wives, Girlfreinds , Boyfriends,  everybody is quarantined. ..

I wonder if the Divorce and Reconciliations will  increase or decrease...

I know many babies will be happening...lol..

Just to go back to the topic, an infectious disease expert is saying we´re only in the second inning of this pandemic:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/21/opinions … index.html

robal

Oh i believe it. My friends tell me stories all the time. But anytime people try to sell stuff at my door - i just talk in English till they go away. I think my wife is super jealous though i remember one cashier gave me " the bad touch of affection ". Wifey started putting her hair ties up and i knew trouble was gunna happen so i had to take her outside 😂