New members of the Belgium forum, introduce yourselves here - 2020

Hi all,

Newbie on the Belgium forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country, or to tell us more on your expat projects in Belgium if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

Hello everyone, it's a pleasure to join your team. I will be glad to any suggestions.

Hi, i am glad that i found this website i already like it. I am from Croatia and want to expand my business in Belgium. Hope i will find this website usefull and i hope i will help somebody also.

Hi everyone,

My name is Felipe, and I am from Brazil. I have recently signed a contract to work in Belgium as a Data Manager, and I am currently waiting for the Single Permit to be issued by the Office des Etrangers so I can request a visa and schedule a date to move.

My fiancée (British) will be moving along, and we hope to sort out her documentation before the Brexit transition period finishes. So will our dog, which is apparently more complicated than we anticipated, with all flight regulations for pets...

I have already found really useful information in this forum, so I'm really glad to have found it. Thanks everyone.

fmmaciel wrote:

Hi everyone,

My name is Felipe, and I am from Brazil. I have recently signed a contract to work in Belgium as a Data Manager, and I am currently waiting for the Single Permit to be issued by the Office des Etrangers so I can request a visa and schedule a date to move.

My fiancée (British) will be moving along, and we hope to sort out her documentation before the Brexit transition period finishes. So will our dog, which is apparently more complicated than we anticipated, with all flight regulations for pets...

I have already found really useful information in this forum, so I'm really glad to have found it. Thanks everyone.

Hi Felipe,

Welcome on our website,

Please create a new topic concerning your questions.

Prazer em conhecê-lo, Felipe. Também temos uma seção do fórum em português.

Hello
I am Ally, originally from Scotland but moved here from the UAE. I arrived in Brussels just before the lockdown.

I have been looking for a website that provides me with a range of information about living and working in Brussels, and I hope this is it!
Any advice on which area to live and best websites for jobs would be appreciated.

Hello Aly,

Welcome on our website, hope you will enjoy it.

As we said to all newbies, have a look in our guide and old topics.

I'm almost sure that at least 80% of your questions have been answered. For the rest, we will try to answer it.

Hi my name is Mathew, and I've been living here for six and a half years. Due to a relationship break up, I need to get out there and make friends. Male/ female/ for a coffee or a beer. I have only ever worked and gone home. So I've never made any friends.  All my work colleagues live in Antwerp, and are Spanish. Would be nice to meet people. Thanks.

hello sir !
I have been living in Belgium for eight years.
It's been 1 years since my marriage.  I want to bring my husband to Belgium. Tell me a simple trick

buttmaaz6 wrote:

hello sir !
I have been living in Belgium for eight years.
It's been 1 years since my marriage.  I want to bring my husband to Belgium. Tell me a simple trick

Hello,

Welcome on our forum.

There are no simple trick. Just LAWS...

This subject was already answered more than 100 times. So have a look in old topics (use magnifical lens to filter) and under "Discover" box.

Hey Everyone,
I'm Sonam, I am an Indian citizen. and i am in Belgium from past 1 year.
I need your help to get my husband here with me..

He is an Indian citizen too and is in Australia currently. We need guidance to apply fro his dependent.

He is a hardworking Business Analyst and is a great team player with great sense of humor.

sgupta92 wrote:

Hey Everyone,
I'm Sonam, I am an Indian citizen. and i am in Belgium from past 1 year.
I need your help to get my husband here with me..

He is an Indian citizen too and is in Australia currently. We need guidance to apply fro his dependent.

He is a hardworking Business Analyst and is a great team player with great sense of humor.

Hello Sonam,

Welcome on our website, hope you will enjoy it.

This kind of question has already been answered many times. So please have a look in old topics.

And by the way, all relevant informations about this subject are present on all Belgian Embassy websites.

Hello to everyone!

im glad i came across this site. i love how organize and how easy it is to navigate

i hope everyone is staying safe and healthy. my name is James and im from Los Angeles. my lovely gf currently resides in Belgium and we are on the process of doing a cohabitation.

Few key notes:

We have known each other since 2017.
we have spent more than 45 days together physically.
we are both single and never been married.
currently on the process of gathering all things for our proof of relationship.

any help regarding this process will be greatly appreciated,  feel free to inbox me and drop me a message.

i hope to meet everyone here with the same interest and lets all exchange useful infos!

cheers
J

LosAngelestoBru wrote:

Hello to everyone!

im glad i came across this site. i love how organize and how easy it is to navigate

any help regarding this process will be greatly appreciated,  feel free to inbox me and drop me a message.

i hope to meet everyone here with the same interest and lets all exchange useful infos!

cheers
J

Hello,

Welcome on our website, hope you'll enjoy it.

Regarding your questions, they have been discussed many times in the past. So I invite you, like any newcomer, to read our guides (located under the "Discover" tab) as well as the old discussions (which you can filter with the magnifying glass located next to your avatar).

:cheers:

PS: And if you need an answer to a specific topic, please open a new discussion.

thank you for this info!

i will definitely create a new one for sure if you i want to clear things up.

cheers,
J

HI I run a coliving business in Brussels but have also been an expat here for over 20 years. I found it very lonely in the beginning which is why I started my company, Morton Place. Hopefully I can share some of my knowledge about Brussels and being an expat.

Hey everyone, I'm Portuguese, and soon I expect to move to Antwerp! :D

Hi,
I'm an expat living in Belgium.
What brings me to this forum is trying to find answers to a problem I had receiving a gift from a family member.

I'd probably be interested in socializing more in the future with people I meet here.  I'd also be happy to share advice on my experiences if they're of help to anyone.
-Robin

Hi
I'm a long time expat from the UK, have been in Belgium for 5 years.

Hello, friends,

I am Lyubov Posvalyuk, currently living in Belgium.

Recently I lost my job and now looking for new opportunity in software development and implementation as Business Analyst or other relative positions.

Wish you amazing day!!!

Hi what kind of business are you expanding to Belgium?

Welcome newcomers.

Hope you enjoy our forum.

Please do not forget that if you are talking about a specific subject, you are asked to open a new topic.

Hello Everyone,
I have moved to Belgium and I am half tunisian half french. I work as a humanitarian for an NGO and I am looking forward to be part of the expat community.
Bless, K

Hi everybody,

Currently not moved to Belgium, waiting for when Belgian gov will lift restrictions on the visa applications. Working as a UI/UX Designer in Belgian startup. I saw a lot of useful info on this website. Thank you everybody who committed to help new expats like me.

Hello tugayakin,

Welcome to expat.com  :cheers:

Thank you so much for your message.

Should you have any questions related to the expat life or if you want to share your experience with us, do not hesitate to post a new topic on the Belgium forum.

All the best.  :top:

Cheers,

Cheryl
Expat.com team

Hello

Greetings from China.

My name is Vera, trying & planning to move to Belgium.

But we never been there before, but making a plan after the pandemic hopefully. The reason is my son's grandfather is there, ppl probably want to spend more time & stay with family due to the pandemic.?

Hope you all have a nice day!

Vera

Verapf wrote:

Hello

Greetings from China.

My name is Vera, trying & planning to move to Belgium.

Hope you all have a nice day!

Vera

Hello Vera,

Welcome on our website and in Belgium.

Hope you'll enjoy it.

Thank you very much!!!!

Hi,

This is Montylee. I am from India and hoping to move to Belgium before the beginning of next year!

Hi, Frites, Beer, Chocolate

danmd3k wrote:

Welcome on our forum,

Cheers and good apetite.

Bem-vindo entre nós.

danmd3k wrote:

and waffles!

Hi,
I'm Desm0ond0 (there is already a Desmondo it seems).
I've been living in Belgium since 2001, working for a global company.
With the constantly changing and increasing Covid rules I feel more need from the expat community to know what is possible.
Regards,
D

Hello!

Happy new year to everyone here!

I'm from India, based out London for the past 2 years. I'll be relocating to Brussels in  (hopefully) the next few months with my family (including 6 yo kid). Nice to be part of this group!

Welcome to our forum,

Hope you enjoy it.

Don't hesitate to take a look at:
- Guides provided by us. Just click on the "Discover" button
- Old topics using the filter tool next to your image.

Last note, if you have a question, please open a new topic after checking that the question was not already answered before.

Thank you! will do that!

Hi,

I invite you to follow this topic on this new thread:
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=915921

Thanks!

Closed