EEA Family Permit

HI All

When filling in the application form for a EEA Family permit it asked if you
DO toy know where you will stay in the UK?

now would i need to re-arrange accommodation with a real estate agent or can i arrive in the UK with my girl(dependant) then search for a place to rent?

would it be easier for me to look at a hotel or  air bnb for a week or 2 while looking for a rental?

will the application declined if we use a AIr bnb address?

another question is, do we need to write the English test before we leave for the UK or can this be done in the UK?

Hi and welcome to the Forum.

Can you please confirm the relationship and nationality of your "girl"?

Cynic
Expat Team

Hi Cynic,

She is South African,however has her Portuguese citizenship and passport "EU"

We have been dating for many years now and have started the EEA family permit application..

Kylo wrote:

Hi Cynic,

We have been dating for many years now and have started the EEA family permit application.

Hi KYlo,

I appreciate you need an answer(no need to repost), but some times people need to research. We (the team) are only volunteers, so can't be here all the time, yet we still love to help.

We do have an added problem regarding the UK and that is Brexit (UK leaving the EU.)

Kylo wrote:

Hi Cynic,

We have been dating for many years now and have started the EEA family permit application.

Hi again.

Thank you for the additional information.  So, as it stands, your partner is an EU/EEA citizen and currently has the right of entry into the UK;  you are South African and you have both been together in a long term relationship and are both currently resident in South Africa.

You should also be aware that Brexit has introduced some changes to the requirements and we're all learning as we go along, so perhaps some surprises may crop up along the way as the politicians play their games.

So we're all singing from the same sing-sheet, the requirements to qualify for an EEA family visa are described on the UK Gov website; this link will take you straight to the respective page.

From that link, it's an online process, so I can't see what you have entered that has ended up with your questions; however, to answer your question, they want to know that you have somewhere to go in the UK when you get here and where that is.   My opinion is that it would make sense to use an address in the UK (either friend, or a hotel, or an Airbnb address); they will not decline your application if the address you give is an Airbnb address; they won't know unless you tell them, but they may well contact the address you give to ensure the information provided is accurate.

I wasn't aware of an English exam requirement for EEA family visa, so I've just downloaded the current version of the guide and can't find anything in there either; I'm aware of language exams for citizenship and some of the entrepreneur visas, so perhaps you can tell me where this has come from so I can follow it up.

Please come back to us if you have any further specific questions.

I've removed your double post.

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team