EXEMPTION FROM PORTUGUESE PROFICIENCY TEST AGE 80

DOES ANYONE KNOW IF THERE ARE ANY EXEMPTIONS FROM THE PORTUGUESE PROFICIENCY TEST IF YOU ARE 80 YEARS OLD? I HAVE TEN YEARS AS A LEGAL PERMANENT RESIDENT OF BRAZIL. IF NO EXEMPTIONS DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE IT IS EASIEST TO PASS A GOVERNMENT GIVEN TEST IN RIO DE JANEIRO , SAO PAULO OR TABATINGA OR MANAUS? I CAN SPEAK, READ AND WRITE PORTUGUESE WELL ENOUGH TO COMMUNICATE COMPLETELY IN PORTUGUESE BUT MAKE ERRORS IN GRAMMER. ANY HELP WITH IN FORMATION APPRECIATED. I WILL RETURN TO BRAZIL IN APRIL OR MAY 2020. CURRENTLY TRAVELING BECAUSE I AM RETIRED. MY EMAIL IS ***

Moderated by Christine 4 years ago
Reason : please do not post your contact details on the forum. Thank you

I try never to say "never" when dealing with Brazilian officialdom, but being excused from the CelpeBras requirement for natualization is the closest thing to "never" that I've ever seen.  The Polícia Federal enforces the terms of the Portaria on the subject rigorously.

I applied for naturalization in April 2019.  I'm over 60, speak, read, and write Portuguese at a near-native level, and had a US Government document, with a sworn translation, to prove it.  When the PF accepted my application, I thought I was home and dry.  Wrong!

After six months with no word, I went back to follow up with the PF - and they almost bounced my application for lack of CelpeBras.  Fortunately, I'd taken the test in the interim, gave them the certificate, and kept everything on track.  They did their home visit in December 2019, and approved my application a week later, although I only found out the week before last, by searching the Diário Oficial da União online,  because they don't inform you directly.

The test is the same the world over, so it's not easier or harder anywhere.  You need an "Intermediate" or better to pass.  It's only given twice a year, usually in May and October,  and you need to register for it online, and pay a fee.  I've described it in detail in other threads.  See here, for example:
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.p … 30#4748066

You could try making a formal request for exemption on the basis of age to the PF.  Since, unlike many countries, Brazil treats permanent residency as a permanent state and not necessarily as a step toward citizenship,  I'd be surprised if they granted it ... but in Brazil,  it's best never to say "never". 
Please let us know how it goes.