Transfer your funds

Hi folks,

I am  from USA and currently retired in Spain.
My question to expats from USA particularly. I need to know how do you transfer your money to Spain, for what cost and do you do bank to bank? Thanks.

I have a U.K. based Visa card.   When I use that in Spain, always paying in euros,  there are no charges/ fees at either end and my bank in U.K.  make the exchange at a  smigin under the inter bank rate on the day.     

State pensioners from U.K. can have that pension paid direct to a Spanish bank. Again, it is paid at the inter bank rate on the day so unbeatable by any other MO.

For me that is the most efficient way to ‘transfer' funds.

HI I am UK based but regularly send funds through Transferwise and have been doing so for over three years. They are excellent and very cheap.

Like ReneC25 I've used Transferwise a lot and I'm based in Spain

Thanks all

I use Currency Fair.  I was unaware of Transfer Wise until this posting, I'll look into it.  I was aware of Transfer Mate, it was a close second to Currency Fair as far as exchange rate.

I've had only good experience using Currency Fair.  I have, in the past, had really bad experiences using my local bank (but that was in another country)

BlueMoonx47 wrote:

I use Currency Fair.  I was unaware of Transfer Wise until this posting, I'll look into it.  I was aware of Transfer Mate, it was a close second to Currency Fair as far as exchange rate.

I've had only good experience using Currency Fair.  I have, in the past, had really bad experiences using my local bank (but that was in another country)

I would certainly look into TransferWise borderless multi-currency account.

I use a company called A Place in the Sun to make transfers at the best rates. If you want my contact there please request by private message. They get about 2% to 5% more than the banks. Angie