New baby

My Thai wife has just had a baby, she has been registered, so is a Thai citizen. I have read on other expat sites that we can get a gold card for her that gives her free medical care. My wife says she has not heard of this, and did not ask about it when she was at the hospital. Her family, live off grid, and pay no tax, or health insurance. We are legally married, but I do not yet live full time in Thailand.
Does anybody know about either this Gold card, or of the cost of health insurance for a child?

The Gold Card is all so call 30 baht scheme.

It cost 1.200 baht per year, If pay per year, Pay per month is a little higher the 100 baht per month, And the Government pay the rest.

How to make a gold card for children

Before making a gold card for the baby Parents have to see that Does your child have the right to have a universal health insurance card? Which must meet 3 criteria, namely, must be a child of Thai nationality Have the correct ID card number Which will be obtained since birth certificate And the important thing is Must not have other treatment rights Whether it's social security rights Or health insurance coverage rights issued by the state, for example, by which you can contact to obtain a universal health insurance card at the sanitation area Or the location that supports it

What documents do you need to make a golden card for children?

After checking Found that the baby meets the eligibility criteria for universal coverage Must prepare the documents together first For speed in submitting card applications And do not waste time in running and looking for documents If not fully prepared The documents required to make a child gold card are as follows

Copy of birth certificate of child
Copy of parents' ID card
And a copy of house registration
By these documents Parents have to sign a correct copy on all documents. When ready, you can go ahead and report the gold card.

They way my wife and i read it, Is if you get that for your wife, It cover the 2 first kids.
But even if you have to pay 1.200 baht for wife and kid (2.400 baht per year) it is still cheap way to insurance them.

Here you wife can read about it, And how to get it.
And you can use google translate, If you dont read Thai.

Gold Card

Gold Card Kid

Kindly.

PS: Remember to go to court and get legal register at the father of the kids, To protect your right for the future, One never know what t he furture brings.

Thanks for that, I have sent her a link. The baby was registered at the hospital, with me named as the father. Her mother took all the documents, including a signed copy of my passport, so we should have no problem getting the card.