Long vacation Vs Resignation

Hi,
I have been in ksa for almost a dacade.

My case bit more sensitive, so please take your time to read (ready for the looong post :cool: )

Now It happened me to continue my higher studies to meet the Saudi Engineering Council requirements as well to avoid the verbally caused undesirable dialogues (time to time) by the client representatives with regards to my educational qualifications.

I informed the company (about my plan for higher studies which takes 1 year to complete) before they send all of us to their respective home countries, when the last project ended, few months back.

Now that I started the higher studies, company requests me to return to ksa and join back to another project (this client is a repeated customer and it's representatives had already caused verbal disturbance during the previous project).

In replying to companies request (to join), I explained the past experiences and requested the company to extend my 90 days ERE visa, (which expires soon) to enable me to continue my studies and once done will come back and join.

Company seems in deep silance and not responding to my emails or whatsapp texts.

I don't want neither loose my studies nor loose my career with a black dot (not returning within the ERE visa period).

I even prefer to resign (if the company doesn't want to extend my visa) but can't afford to stay more than a week or two in ksa.

I prefer to have some legal advice on what should be done next ie. To ''not to loose my studies and not to end up in ksa labour courts'' (if I return soon to ksa to hand over the visa).

Appreciate your time and valuable legal advice - if any.

Thanks.

Go back, resign and ask the company to issue you a final exit visa.

Hi Xtang,

Thanks for the reply.
To resign, per my contract, 2 months notice period to be given (Due to my studies, not possible now).

Suppose I visit ksa and Do I have a legal stand against the company, if they force me to stay for two months or force me to exit without end of service benefits?

It should be noted that I came on 90 days ERE visa, which I had received after having  informed the senior Managrmnt of our company about my studies.

The ERE does not matter.

What matters is your contract.   Notice period is either served or waived or subject to deduction.  This means that you can ask the company to deduct the owed notice from your end of service benefits and let you go.

You have no legal stand against the company.  Your contract says that you have to serve two months notice.  It is entirely up to the company if they were to waive it or deduct it or ask you to serve it.  If you don't serve it without reaching an agreement with them, they can mark you as Huroob and then you are in big trouble and won' t be able to leave Saudi in the first place.

Alternatively, you can choose not to go back but when ERE expires, you will be automatically banned from Saudi for 3 years.