Do I really need Expat Insurance?

Hi, Expats in India,

I'm looking at options for Expat Insurance as different from Travel Insurance. My sponsor in India tells me I do not need health insurance to make use of the Indian healthcare system. I would sure like some other viewpoints here.

I plan to be living 9 mo/year in India and 3 mo/year elsewhere, probably in the Mediterranean region.

Thanks,
Joy

Health insurance in India

All expats moving to India should ensure that they have adequate health insurance coverage. Working expats might have insurance provided by their employer, but it's important to keep in mind that some policies will only cover treatment at certain hospitals. Expats should investigate the terms of their given policy and make sure they understand what it covers. If there are limitations to the cover offered, consider paying extra for a more comprehensive policy.

Some international insurance providers may not be recognized by Indian hospitals, and in these cases expats will have to pay cash out of pocket. If this does happen, keeping all the necessary paperwork is essential if they want to be reimbursed by their insurer.

Try to contact: cignaglobal insurance maybe they can guide you better

laughingsun wrote:

Hi, Expats in India,

I'm looking at options for Expat Insurance as different from Travel Insurance. My sponsor in India tells me I do not need health insurance to make use of the Indian healthcare system. I would sure like some other viewpoints here.

I plan to be living 9 mo/year in India and 3 mo/year elsewhere, probably in the Mediterranean region.

Thanks,
Joy