Is 1700 BHD is enough for a single guy?

Hi all,
I got an opportunity as software professional for one the national bank of Bahrain. They offered me salary of 1700 BHD + medical . So my question is ,1700 BHD a good salary for a single guy??
Thanks in advance

How about housing and transportation?

Depends on your lifestyle but generally yes it's enough.

They given me an offer of 1700 BHD+ medical, rest of the thing like housing , transportation will have to arrange it by myself. SO my questions is , is it a good offer to accept. I am a single , non smoker , non drinker guy

As I said, it should be ok to live on.  But that is not how you decide.  The simple calculation : are you going to make / save more money vs. where you are?  and / or, it is a career step up?

If the answer to both is yes, then go for it.

I completely agree with XTang.  It is mainly depending on your lifestyle. 

I know a couple of people who receive net below BD300, with accommodation, transportation and medical care provided,  and still survive. 

For a single guy, without the common vices, you'll surely survive and earn from that package.

Regards

Hi
First of all congrats on the job offer.

1700 is a comparatively decent salary considering the fact that you are on a single status.
If you go for a single bedroom flat in any upsife locality the rent may be around 150 to 180 depending on the locality...Elrctrivity , water n muncipality taxes charged are seperate.You might also try for a Fully Furnished flat n chances are you might get it around 230 to 250 monthly.
Other expenses includes food...transportation ( mostly company provided), entertainment n m9bile expenses which are fairly charged.

Im sure you will have a comfortable stay around.Best of luck.

You don't smoke or drink is a BIG plus!

BD 1,700 is Good.

The rest depends on you and what you going/have to do with it.

You might have bills to pay back home, helping family with funds, car payments, banks, etc etc

Accommodation here can range from as little as BD 50 (Guessing) sharing with couple/multiple peeps.

Next range i would say BD 200 - 250 semi furnished exclusive.

So basically a good fully furnished apartment with a gym, swimming pool start at around 400 - 450.

Don't forget if you will be renting a car that would be starting at BD 150 average a month for a basic Toyota, Nissan, Hyundai etc

Food depends on if you like cooking or not, you can find cheap to expensive supermarkets, some good ones scattered around the area for asian expats which sell cheaper that sell more often so fresher.

Ordering in all the time can get costly!! Believe me, recent addiction has been Talabat.

Hope i got the basics to help you out, if not then your always welcome to ask more Q;s