Cheap winter clothes - Where to buy in Stuttgart?

Hallo!

I recently moved here in Stuttgart for work and this will be my first time to experience winter. I am just wondering where to buy winter jackets since it started to get colder. I am not used to this kind of weather as I used lived in southeast asia where there is only hot and rainy season. I don't want to spend too much on clothing so I am trying to find stores to buy cheap items. I've made a quick google search and noted Breuninger and C&A a nice place to buy. Any thoughts or feedbacks on these stores?
Also, if you could give the average cost and which brand to buy, that will be highly appreciated.

If you also know some 2nd hand shops, that would be a good option as well.

Many thanks!
https://media.giphy.com/media/d3mlmtNPoxNrt4Bi/giphy.gif
https://media.giphy.com/media/l49JDwt0iI8h3DCDu/giphy.gif

All large clothing stores will sell winter coats of course. It really depends on what you want. Some people like a sporting style like they would wear for skiing or winter sports so they go to a sporting goods place. But there are lots of general clothing stores. C&A is cheap but has reasonable quality. Primark even cheaper but I think have lower quality, TK Maxx has strongly cut or fashioned cloths and some are very cheap and others expensive. Breuninger tends to have better quality than the others mentioned but is significantly more expensive. Another large shop in the Königstr. is Karstadt Sports. They usually have a good variety with medium to high medium prices.

Second hand clothes shops tend to be at obscure locations in the suburbs (cheaper rent!) and finding reasonable clothes and fitting sizes is a hit and miss affair. Google „Sozialkaufhaus“ for the ones run by charities if you want to support recycling, jobs for the disabled and use of the proceeds for good causes!

I didn't mention second hand clothes in my post but Beppi is right that this exists. The question is if it is worth it when new cloths are relatively cheap. But second hand shops might not be any cheaper than say something on sale at C&A. One also finds second hand clothes on flea markets but finding exactly what one wants is hit or miss and prices vary greatly. Or another store chain I forgot to mention is Kik. This is usually the cheapest place to find new cloths but usually the absolute lowest quality and design.