Where To Train As A Forklift Driver?

Good day, Do any one know which sites to register and train to drive a forklift? Thanks

Interesting question. In Germany there is a profession called Beaugeräteführer or construction machine operator. This includes operating cranes, backhoes, cement mixers and a number of other machines. One needs to do a 3 year Ausbildung or training/work program. Such people work on construction sites. I am posting a link below to the German Wikipedia page about this.

But as far as I could find in the internet there is no specific training or requirements to operate a forklift since it is not driven on the street. Usually people will be trained on the job. Forklifts are used in big stores or logistic centers and I would assume they train their own people. One would expect that having a driver's license would be logical expectation but not a requirement. I don't know if there is any place that offers specific courses or training. Since I don't find anything in the internet I would suggest you contact the Employment Office (Arbeitsamt Job-Center) they might know something.

https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bauger%C3%A4tef%C3%BChrer

Tom above is not quite correct:
There is a forklift license, called "Staplerführerschein" (or officially "Flurfördermittelschein") and most companies looking for forklift drivers within their premises require that. There are many places training forkilft drivers (google it!) and the course costs EUR200-300.
Furthermore, there is a driving license class L, which is required to drive forklifts on public roads. For that, you need to visit a regular driving school and the cost is EUR300-400.

Thanks for your replies Tomin & beppi. I think beppi is right. I got the links to where I will be train as a forklift operator. Here some likes.. DEKRA, TÜV SÜD, STILL. Have a nice weekend

beppi wrote:

Tom above is not quite correct:
There is a forklift license, called "Staplerführerschein" (or officially "Flurfördermittelschein") and most companies looking for forklift drivers within their premises require that. There are many places training forkilft drivers (google it!) and the course costs EUR200-300.
Furthermore, there is a driving license class L, which is required to drive forklifts on public roads. For that, you need to visit a regular driving school and the cost is EUR300-400.

OK I stand corrected. I looked in the internet and didn't find anything about such training, just about the construction machinery. Seems I didn't use exactly the right term. Alos I rationalized that while  needs a license for machinery driven on public roads this is not often the case for forklifts. Thanks for the correction Beppi and sorry to the poster, it seems I got things wrong this time.

Don't worry, Tom:
The right keyword to search for, “Flurfördermittelschein”, is a typical German buerocratic invention and IMPOSSIBLE to guess!
(I know these things because I am currently working on automated transport vehicles that are intended to make forklift drivers obsolete.)