Just for fun: History of Malta

Hello everyone,

Whether you're a history buff or not, here's a chance to learn about the history of Malta. Below are a few trivia questions to test whether you have the correct facts.

1. Name 3 iconic monuments/structures in Malta
2. What is the name of the national anthem? When and by whom was it created?
3. Name 2 eminent national historical figures
4. When is the national day celebrated in Malta?
5. Which are the most important turning points in the Maltese history?

Thanks for participating,
Diksha

Silly question by me - is there a quiz or survey link ?

Hi Dolby,

It is a general history test so that members may share information. Just to promote activity on the forum. It is neither a survey nor a quiz, so there's no link.

Regards,
Bhavna

Oh - I'm not as good as thought I was, checking these questions without Google ;)

1. Name 3 iconic monuments/structures in Malta If natural, I'd go for the Blue Grotto, Coral Lagoon and Blue Lagoon. But I guess man made could be subjective - my submission would be the church in Mosta ; and Barakka Gardens and the Fort St Angelo/St Elmo. Also, personally very interested in the tunnels under Valletta ...

2. What is the name of the national anthem? When and by whom was it created? No idea :(

3. Name 2 eminent national historical figures No idea :(

4. When is the national day celebrated in Malta? 8th September is Victory Day

5. Which are the most important turning points in the Maltese history? I'd guess Seige of Malta in 1565, as well as the 'arrival' (I know this is contested) of St Paul

I guess time for me to brush up ...

1.  The Blue Grotto, Inland Sea (Gozo), The Azure Window (Gozo) before it collapsed.
2.  L-Innu Malta, written by Robert Samar 1922.
3.  Caterina Vitale, Caterina Scappi
4.  21st September
5. Siege of Malta 1565, The air battle in 1942