Issuing work permit in bahrain

hi guys,

hope someone can help me on my inquiry..im currently employed here in bahrain for almost 4yrs..my visa was expired last yr july and until now my employer didn't renewed it...i keep asking him but he's keep telling that it's on process..then i found out from the lmra coz i inquire them thru online that my visa was terminated last yr october..and i follow up my employer in my visa because im planning to go for a vacation this coming november and he told me that it was already on process and he paid 400bd for my new visa..but sometimes i don't want to trust him because its been a year that he's telling me that its on process. I believe at first that I cannot go for a vacation in my home country if I don't have visa here that's why I keep following him up but then I heard from someone if I'm already overstaying here in bahrain the lmra will really not issue a work permit for me and I have to exit first this country bahrain so they can issue for me a visa and there's a payment will be given in the immagration?Can someone clarify me on my situation and on what should I do and if ever who should pay the imigration for my overstaying is it my employer or me?thank u

Some simple facts:

1) You are in the country illegally as your visa was terminated last October.  You could have easily checked the status at anytime online on LMRA express services
2) You cannot leave without paying the fines in immigration
3) Once you leave, you cannot come back until a new visa has been issued for you.  And with this long illegal overstay, there is a high chance you would not get any more visas for Bahrain
4) All of these costs are to be borne by you.  Or get a lawyer and try to force your employer to bear this

hi, thank you for your response.

so it means they cannot really issue me a new visa unless I exit first this country?

I think you need to read carefully what I wrote. A new visa is the least of your problems - and yes you have to leave first. The biggest problem is fines and deportation.  And there is a high chance that any future visas will be rejected for you.